Effects of Sonication and Vacuum Infiltration on Agrobacterium-Mediated Transformation in Immature Embryos of Korean Wheat Genotypes
The effects of sonication and vacuum infiltration on transformation efficiency was investigated by using immature embryos of Korean wheat as explants. Two Agrobacterium tumefaciens strains, KYRT1 and EHA105, carrying pCAMBIA 1305.1 were used. Transformation efficiency was demonstrated by the detection of $\beta-glucu-ronidase$ (GUS) activity. GUS expression showed clear difference among Korean wheat cultivars. Geurumil showed higher GUS expression efficiency $79.1\%$ compared with other cultivars. The effects of the duration of vacuum infiltration and sonication treatment showed a tendency high GUS expression efficiency by their combination. In comparison with other Agrobacterium strains, KYRT1 showed high efficiency in most Korean cultivars.
- Mysore, K. S., C T R. Kumar, and S. B. Gelvin. 2000. Arabidopsis ecotypes and mutants that are recalcitrant to Agrobacterium root transformation are susceptible to germ-line transformation The Plant J. 21 : 9-16
- Trick, H N and J. J. Finer. 1998 Sonication-assited Agrobacterium- mediated transformation of soybean 'Glycine max (L.) Merrill' embryonic suspension culture tissue Plant Cell Rep. 17 : 482-488
- Weir, B., X. Gu, M. B. Wang, N Upadhyaya, A. R. Elliott, and R. I S. Brettell. 2001 Agrobacterium tumefaciens-mediated transformation of wheat using suspension cells as a model system and green fluorescent protein as a visual marker Aust J. Plant Physiol, 28 807-818
- Ye, G N , D Stone, S. Z Pang, W. Creely, K. Gonzalez, and M. Hinchee. 1999. Arabidopsis ovule is the target for Agrobacterium in planta vacuum infiltration transformation The Plant J 19 . 249-257
- Lee, B. M. 2001. Effect of sonication and vir genes on transient gene expression in Agrobacterium-mediated transformation. Korean J of LIfe Sci 11 : 316-320
- Torisky, R. S., L. Kovacs, S. Avdiushko, J. D. Newman, A. G. Hunt, and G. B. Collins 1997. Development of a binary vector system for plant transformation based on the supervirulent Agrobacterium tumefaciens strain Chry5 Plant Cell Rep. 17. 102-108
- Joersbo, M. and J. Brunstedt. 1992 Sonication. A new method for gene transfer to plants. Physiology Plantarum 85:230-234
- Tingay, S., D. McElroy, R Kalla, S. Fieg, M. B. Wang, S. Thornton, and R. Brettell. 1997. Agrobacterium tumefaciens-mediated barley transformation The Plant J 11 . 1369-1376
- Clough, S. J. and A. F. Bent. 1998 Floral dip. a Simplified method for Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of Arabidopsis thaliana. The Plant J. 16 : 735-743
- Trick, H N. and J J Finer. 1999 Induction of Somatic embryogenesis and genetic transformation of Ohio buckeye (Aesculus glabra Willd.). In Vitro Cell Dev. BioI. 35 : 57-60
- Cheng, M, J. E. Fry, S. Pang, H. Zhou, C, M. Hironaka, D R. Duncan, T W. Conner, Y. Wan 1997 Genetic transformation of wheat mediated by Agrobacterium tumefaciens Plant Physiol. 115 : 971-980
- Wang, M , D. C. Abbott, N. M Upadhyaya, J. V. Jacobsen, and P M. Waterhouse 2001. Agrobacterium tumefaciens-mediated transformation of an elite Australian barley cultivar with virus resistance and reporter genes Aust. J. Plant Physiol. 28 . 149-156
- Trick, H N and J. J Finer. 1997. SAAT: sonication-assisted Agrobacterium- mediated transformation Transgenic Res. 6 . 329-336
- Amoah, B. K., H Wu, C. Sparks, and H. D. Jones 2001 Factors influencing Agrobacterium-mediated transient expression of uidA in wheat inflorescence tissue. Journal of Experimental Botany 52. 1135-1142
- Hood, E. E., S. B. Gelvin, L. S. Melchers, and A. Hoekema. 1993. New Agrobacterium helper plasmids for gene transfer to plants Transgenic Res. 2 208-218
- Jefferson, R A 1987. Assaying chimeric genes in plants: the GUS gene fusion system. Plant Mol. BioI Rep. 5 : 387-405
- Wu, H., C. Sparks, B. Amoah, H. D Jones. 2003 Factors influencing successful Agrobacterium-mediated genetic transformation of wheat. Plant Cell Rep 21 : 695-668
- Joersbo, M. and J. Brunstedt 1990. Direct gene transfer to plant protoplasts by mild sonication Plant Cell Rep. 9 : 207-210
- Wu, H., A C. McCormac, M. C. Elliott, and D. F. Chen 1998 Agrobacterium-mediated stable transformation of suspension cultures of barley (Hordeum vulgare L.). Plant Cell Tissue Organ Cult. 54 : 161-167
- Chang, S. S., S. K Park, B. C. Kim, B J. Kang, and D. U. Kim. 1994 Stable genetic transformation of Arabidopsis thaliana by Agrobacterium inoculation in planta The Plant J 5 : 551-558
저자의 다른 논문
- 2009 "Proteomic Analysis of Stress Responses Protein in Wheat (Triticum aestivum L)" Korean journal of crop science = 韓國作物學會誌 54 (1): 30.2~30.2
- 2009 "Allelic Variation of Glutenin, Granule-Bound Starch Synthase l and Puroindoline in Korean Wheat Cultivar" Korean journal of crop science = 韓國作物學會誌 54 (2): 181~191
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기