Identification of Molecular Markers Linked to Ti Locus in Soybean
Soybean is a major source of protein meal in the world. Kunitz trypsin inhibitor (KTI) protein is responsible for the inferior nutritional quality of unheated or incompletely heated soybean meal. The objective of this research was to identify RAPD markers linked to KTI protein allele using bulked segregant analysis. Cultivar Jinpumkong2 (TiTi) was crossed with C242 (titi, absence of KTI protein) and F. seeds were planted. The $F_1$ . plants were grown in the greenhouse to produce $F_2$ seeds. Each $F_2$ seed from $F_1$ . plants was analysed electrophoretically to determine the presence of the KTI protein band. The present and absent bulks contained twenty individuals each, which were selected on the basis of the KTI protein electrophoresis, respectively. Total 94 $F_2$ individuals were constructed and 1,000 Operon random primers were used to identify RAPD primers linked to the Ti locus. The presence of KTI protein is dominant to the lack of a KTI protein and Kunitz trypsin inhibit protein band is controlled by a single locus. Four RAPD primers (OPAC12, OPAR15, OPO12, and OPC08) were linked to the Ti locus. RAPD primer OPO12 was linked to Ti locus, controlling kunitz trypsin inhibitor protein at a distance of 16.0 cM. This results may assist in study of developing fine map including Ti locus in soybean.
- Kunitz, M 1945. Crystallization of a soybean trypsin Inhibitor from soybean. Science 101 668-669
- Williams J. G. K., A. R Kubelik, K J Livak, J. A Rafalski, and S V. Tingey 1990 DNA polymorphisms amplified by arbitrary primers are useful as genetic markers Nucleic Acid Rec 18 : 6531-6535
- Frattali, V. and R. F. Steiner. 1968. Soybean inhibitor. I. Separations and some properties of three inhibitors from commercial crude soybean trypsin inhibitors. Biochemistry 7 : 521-530
- Hidebrand, D F , J H Orf, and T. Hymowitz. 1980. Inheritance of an acid phosphatase and its linkage with the Kunitz trypsin inhibitor in seed protein of soybeans. Crop Sci. 20 83-8
- Kiang, Y. T 1987. Mapping three protein loci on a soybean chromosome. Cop Sci. 27 : 44-46
- Orf, J H. and T Hymowitz 1979. Inheritance of the absence of the Kunitz trypsin Inhibitor in seed protein of soybeans. Crop Sci. 19 : 107-109
- Kosambi, D D 1944. The estimation of map distance from recombination values Ann. Eugen. 12 : 172-175
- Rackis, J. J., H. A. Sasame, R. R. Mann, R L Anderson, and A K. Smith. 1962 Soybean trypsin inhibitors: Isolation, purification and physical properties Arch Biochem. Biophys. 98 : 471-478
- Michelmore, R W., J Paran, and R V Kesseli. 1991. Identification of markers linked to disease resistance genes by bulked segregant analysis: A rapid method to detect markers in specific genomic regions by using segregation populations. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 88 : 9828-9832
- Hymowitz, T. and H. H Hadley. 1972 Inheritance of a trypsin inhibitor variant in seed protein of soybeans. Crop Sci. 12 . 197-198
- Singh, L., C. M. Wilson, and H H Hadley 1969. Genetic differences in soybean trypsin inhibitors separated by disc electrophoresis Crop Sci 9 : 489-491
- Lander, E., P Green, J Abrahamson, A. Barlow, M J. Daly, S E. Lincoln, and L Newburg 1987 MAPMAKER. An interactive computer package for constructing primary genetic linkage maps of experiment and natural populations. Genomics 1 . 174-181
- Westfall, R. L. and S. M. Hauge 1948 The nutritive quality and the trypsin inhibitor content of soybean flour heated at various temperatures J Nutr 35 379-389
- Saghai Maroof, M. A., K M Soliman, R. A. Jorgensen, and R. W. Allard 1984. Ribosomal DNA spacer-length polyrmorphisms in barley. Mendelian inheritance, chromosomal Iocation and population dynamics Proc Natl. Acad Sci. 81 . 8014-8018
- Birk, Y. 1961.Purification and some properties of a highly active inhibitor of trypsin and chymotrypsin from soybeans Biochem. Biophys. Acta 54 : 378-381
- Cregan,P. B., T. Jarvik, A L. Bush, R. C. Shoemaker, K. G Lark, A L Kahler, N. Kaya, T. T. VanToai, D. G Lohnes, Jongil Chung, and J E. Specht. 1999 An integrated genetic linkage map of the soybean genome. Crop Sci. 39 . 1464-1490
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- 2007. "" Korean journal of crop science = 韓國作物學會誌, 52(1): 51~54
저자의 다른 논문
- 2002 "Identification of AFLP Marker Linked to a SCN Resistant Gene in Soybean" Plant resources 5 (3): 169~175
- 2004 "Identification of Quantitative Trait Loci Associated with Isoflavone Contents in Soybean Seed" Korean journal of crop science = 韓國作物學會誌 49 (5): 423~428
- 2006 "Identification of Molecular Markers Linked to Lf2 Locus in Soybean" Korean journal of crop science = 韓國作物學會誌 51 (2): 169~172
- 2007 "Germplasm Detection for titi Genotype Using SSR Marker in Soybean" Journal of crop science and biotechnology 10 (3): 159~162
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기