Development of Molecular Markers for Xanthomonas axonopodis Resistance in Soybean
A single recessive gene, rxp, controls the bacterial leaf pustule (BLP) resistance in soybean and in our previous article, it has been mapped on linkage group (LG) D2 of molecular genetic map of soybean. A total of 130 recombinant inbred lines (RILs) from a cross between BLP-resistant SS2-2 and BLP-susceptible Jangyeobkong were used to identify molecular markers linked to rxp. Fifteen simple sequence repeat (SSR) markers on LG D2 were screened to construct a genetic map of rxp locus. Only four SSR markers, Satt135, Satt372, Satt448, and Satt486, showed parental polymorphisms. Using these markers, genetic scaffold map was constructed covering 26.2cM. Based on the single analysis of variance, Satt372 among these four SSR markers was the most significantly associated with the resistance to BLP. To develop new amplified fragment length polymorphism (AFLP) marker linked to the resistance gene, bulked segregant analysis (BSA) was employed. Resistance and susceptible bulks were made by pooling equal amount of genomic DNAs from ten of each in the segregating population. A total of 192 primer combinations were used to identify specific bands to the resistance, selecting three putative AFLP markers. These AFLP markers produced the fragment present in SS2-2 and the resistant bulk, and not in Jangyeobkong and the susceptible bulk. Linkage analysis revealed that McctEact97 $(P=0.0004,\;R^2=14.67\%)$ was more significant than Satt372, previously reported as the most closely linked marker.
- Bernard, R. L. and M G Weiss 1973 Qualitative genetics. In B E. Caldwell. ed p 117-154. Soybean improvement, production and uses. ASA and Madison, WI
- Keim, P., T. C. Olson, and R. C. Shoemaker. 1988. A rapid protocol forisolating soybean DNA. Soybean Genet Newsl 15 150-154
- Lander E S , P. Green, J Abrahamson, A. Barlow, M. J. Daly, S E Lincoln, and L. Newburg. 1987. Mapmaker. an interactive computer package for constructing primary genetic maps of experimental and natural populations Genomics 1 : 174-181
- Palmer, R. G., S. M. Lim, and B. R. Hedges 1992 Testing for linkage between the Rxp locus and nine isozyme loci in soybean Crop Sci 32 681-683
- Tanksley, S. D , N. D Young, A. H. Paterson, and M W Bionierbale 1989 RFLP mapping in plant breeding: new tool for an old science Bio/technology 7 257-264
- Tsunematsu, H , A Yoshimura, M Yano, T Sasaki, and N. Iwata. 1996 RFLP framework map using recombinant lines in rice. Breeding Sci 46 279-284
- Van, K., B -K Ha, E -Y Hwang, M Y. Kim, N.-C. Pack, S. Heu, and S.-H. Lee. 2004 SSR Mapping of genes conditioning soybean resistance to six isolate of Xanthomonas axonopodis pv glycines. Korean J. Genet. 26 . 47-54
- Cregan, P B , T Jarvik, A L. Bush, R. C Shoemaker, K. G Lark, A L. Kahler, T. T. Van Toai, D. G. Lohnes, J Chung, and J. E. Specht 1999 An integrated linkage map of the soybean genome. Crop Sci 39 . 1464-1490
- Narvel, J. M., L. R. Jakkula, D. V Philips, T Wang, S-H Lee, and H. R. Boerma. 2000. Molecular mapping and pedigree analysis of the Rxp locus controlling bacterial pustule resistance in soybean. J. Hered. 92 . 267-270
- Hartwig, E E and S. G Lehman 1951. Inheritance of resistance to the bacterial pustule disease in soybean Agron. J 43 22-23
- Michelmore, R W, I Paran, and R. V Kessel. 1991. Identification of markers linked to disease-resistance genes by bulked segregant analysis: a rapid method to detect markers in specific genomic regions by using segregating populations. Proc. Natl. Acad Sci 88 9828-9832
- Ziegle, J. S , Y Su, K. P. Corcoran, L. Nie, P E Mayrand, L B. Hoff, L. J. McBride, M. N. Kronick, and S. R. Kiehl 1992 Application of automated DNA sizing technology for genotyping microsatellite loci Genomics 14 . 1026-1031
- Diwan, N and P B Cregan 1997 Automated sizing of fluorescent-labeled simple sequence repeat (SSR) marker to assay genetic variation soybean. Theor. Appl. Genet. 95 . 723-733
- Feaster, C. V. 1951. Bacterial pustule disease on soybean. article inoculation, varietal response, and inheritance of resistance Missouri Agricultural Experiment Station Bulletin p 487
- Vos, P., R. Hogers, M Bleeker, and M. Zabeau. 1995. AFLP. A new technique for DNA fingerprinting. Nucl. Acids Res 23 4407-4414
- Wang S., C J. Basten, and Z.-B. Zeng 2002. Windows QTL Cartographer 2.0. Department of Statistics, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC.
- Weber, C. R., J. M Dunleavy, and W. R. Fehr 1996 Effect of bacterial pustule on closely related soybean lines Agron. J 58 : 544-545
- Kosambi, D. D. 1944. The estimation of map distances from recombination values. Ann. Eugen. 12 : 172-175
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- 2011. "" Journal of crop science and biotechnology, 14(2): 119~123
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기