Synthesis and Characterization of HPMC Derivatives as Novel Duodenum-Specific Coating Agents
HPMC (Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose) was chemically modified, using maleic anhydrides, to obtain pH-sensitive HPMCAM (Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose acetate maleate) polymers for use as novel duodenum-specific coating agents. The pharmaceutical properties of HPMCAM, such as film forming, acid values, pH-sensitive values, water vapor permeability, tensile strength and Tg, were investigated, and found to show good film forming properties. The pHsensitive values were 3.0 to 3.7. In vitro results demonstrate that HPMCAM could completely suppress drug release within 2h in a simulated gastric fluid (pH 1.2) and rapidly release the drug in a simulated pathological duodenal fluid (pH 3.4). These results indicate that HPMCAM might be a useful material for a duodenum-specific drug delivery system.
- Kokubo, Hiroyasu and Nishiyama, Yuichi, U.S.Patent 6258799 (2001)
- Mela, G. S., Savarino, V., and Vigneri, S., Optimizing the information obtained from continuous 24-hour gastric pH monitoring. Am. J. Gastroenterol, 87, 961-966 (1992)
- MU, Xiao-hong, ZHANG, Ru-hua, and ZHU, Hong-jie, The Water Vapor Permeability of Free Film of Hydroxypropylmethyl Cellulose Phthalate (HPMCP) and Effect of Additives. Zhong Guo Yao Xue Za Zhi, 29, 470-473 (1994)
- Wang-ying and Wang xian-bing, China medicinal therapeutics to Helicobacter pylori. China Med. Bull., 3, 40-44 (2003)
- Guo, S. R., Fang, X. L., Huang, H. Q. ,and Hu, X., Synthesis and Application of Novel Acrylic Resin as Enteric Coating, Acta Pharmaceutica Sinica, 33, 860-863 (1998)
- Konorev, M. R., Eradication of Helicobacter pylori from the stomach and duodenum of patients with duodenal ulcers. Int. J. Antimicrobial Agents, 17, 425-426 (2001)
- Eiji, Fukui, Nobuteru, Miyamura, and Masao Kobayashi, An in vitro investigation of the suitability of press-coated tablets with hydroxypropylmethylcellulose acetate succinate (HPMCAS) and hydrophobic additives in the outer shell for colon targeting. J. Control Release, 70, 97-107 (2001)
- Hiroyasu, KokuBo, Sakae, OBARA, Katsuyoshi, MINEMURA, and Takashi TANAKA. Development of cellulose derivatives as novel enteric coating agents soluble at 3.5-4.5 and higher. Chem. Pharm. Bull., 45, 1350-1353 (1997)
- Sohn, Natalie. Dyspepsia and ulcers. Primary Care Update for OB/GYNS. 5, 24-27 (1998)
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기