An Experimental Study on Swirling Flow with Heat Transfer in the Horizontal Circular Annuli
An experimental investigation was performed to study the characteristics of turbulent swirling flow in the cylindrical annuli. The swirl angle measurements were performed by flow visualization technique using smoke and dye liquid. By using the particle image velocimetry method. this study has found the time-mean velocity distribution and turbulent intensity with swirl for Re=20,000. 30.000. 50.000. and 70,000 along longitudinal sections. The results appear to be physically reasonable. Other experimental study was performed to investigate heat transfer characteristics of turbulent swirling air flow in axisymmetric annuli. The static pressure. the local air flow temperature, and the wall temperature with decaying swirl were measured by using thermocouples and the friction factor and the local Nusselt number were calculated for Re=30,000. 50,000 and 70000. The local Nusselt number was compared with that obtained from the Dittus-Boelter equation with swirl and without swirl, respectively. The results showed that the swirl enhances the heat transfer at the inlet and the outlet of the test tube.
- Garimella, S. and Chritensen, R. N., 'Heat Transfer and Pressure Drop Characteristics of Spirally Flute Annulli: Part II Heat Transfer', J. of Heat, Vol. 117, pp. 55-68, 1995
- Scott. C. J. and Raske, D. R., 'Turbulent Viscosities for Swirling Flow in a Stationary Annulus', ASME J. of Fluid Engineering, pp. 557-566, 1973
- Kimura I., Takamori T. and Inoue T., 'Image Processing Instrumentation of Flow', Flow Visualization, Vol. 6, No. 22, pp. 105-108, 1986
- Medwell, J. O., Chang, T. H. and Kwon, S. S . , 'A Study of Swirling Flow in a Cylindrical Tube'. Korean J. of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering, Vol. 1 pp. 265-274, 1989
- Alan, Q, 'An Experimental Study of Turbulent Flow Through Concentric Annuli'. Int. J. Mech. Si, Vol. 9, pp. 205-221, 1967
- Rothfus, R. R., 'Velocity Distribution and Fluid Friction in Concentric Annuli', Ph.D. thesis, Carnegie Institute of Technology, 1948
- Clayton, B, R.,a nd Morsi, Y. S. M., 'Determination of Principal characteristics of Turbulent Swirling Flow Along Annuli'. Int. J. Heat & Fluid Vol.6, No.1, pp. 31-41, 1985
- Chigier, A. N. and Beer, J. M., 'Velocity and Static Pressure Distributions in Swirling Air Jets Issuing From Annular and Divergent Nozzle', ASME, J. of Basic Engineering, pp. 788-796. 1964
- Chang. T. H. and Kim, H. Y., 'An Investigation of Swirling Flow in a Cylindrical Tube', KSME Int. J., Vol. 15. No.12, pp. 1892-1899. 2001
- Sparrow, E. M. and Chaboki, A,, 'Swirl-Affected Turbulent Fluid Flow and Heat in a Circular Tube', J. of Heat Transfer ASME. Vol. 106. pp. 766-773, 1984
- Tuft, D. B. and Brandt, H., 'Forced Convection Heat Transfer in a Spherical Annulus Heat Exchange', J. of Heat Transfer. Vol. 104. pp. 670-677. 1990
- Kobayashi, T., Saga, T . , and Doh, D., N., 'A Three-Dimensional Simultaneous Scalar and Vectore Tracking Method', Proc. Int. Workshop on PIV. Fukui. Japan, pp. 33-43. 1995
- Milar, D. A,, 'A Calculation of Laminar and Turbulent Swirling Flows in Cylindrical Annuli', ASME, Winter Annual Meeting New York Dec. pp. 89-98, 1979
- Brighton, J. A. and Jones, J. B., 1964, 'Fully Developed Turbulent Flow in Annuli', J. of Basic Engineering, pp. 835-843
- Molki, M., Astill, K. N. and Leal, E., 'Convective Heat-mass Transfer in Temperature Region of a Concentric Annulus having a Rotating inner Cylinder', Int. J. Heat and Fluid Flow, Vol. 11. No. 2. 1990
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기