Design of SPS in the Korean Power System Against Faults on 765 KV Lines
In Korea, the protection systems against the instability of the nation's power system are insufficient in contrast with many other countries. In addition, there have just been studies carried out on detecting power system instability, while only a few studies pertaining to protection plans against instability exist. This paper focuses on systems to protect against the instability phenomena in the Korean power system. In this paper, we survey possible contingencies in the Korean power system and suggest outline and specs of the SPS (System Protection Scheme) against faults on the 765 kV line, based on simulations. It is concluded that event-based SPS for transient stability is appropriate for the Korean power system. In the simulations, the most severe contingency on the Korean power system is the fault on 765 kV transmission lines. If one of these lines is tripped by a fault, synchronism may be lost on the power plants near this line because of heavy power flow carried by them. In addition, undervoltage in the Metropolitan region is a serious problem in this case since this region receives about half its total power flow through these lines. In order to prevent a synchronism loss, some power plants have to be rejected according to the situations in the simulations.
- D. Karlsson and X. Waymel, Eds., 'System protection schemes in power networks,' Rep., CIGRE Task Force 38.02.19, June 2001
- M. Suzuki, K. Yanagihashi, eds., 'Development of an On-Line Stabilization Method for Local Power Systems with Large-Capacity Generation Plants,' IEEJ, Vol. 112, No. 1, pp. 39-51, 1992
- KEPRI, A Study on the Assessment of the Dynamic Performance of the Korea Electric Power System and Its Enhancement, KPX, December 2002
- Arthur. R. Bergen, Power Systems Analysis, Prentice- Hall, 1986, ISBN 0-13-687864-4
- KERI, Development of Control and Protection System for Power Grid Stability Using Real Time Process, KEPRI, February 1998
저자의 다른 논문
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기