A DFT Based Filtering Technique to Eliminate Decaying dc and Harmonics for Power System Phasor Estimation
During faults, the voltage and current signals available to the relay are affected by the decaying dc component and harmonics. In order to make appropriate and accurate decisions, most of the relaying algorithms require the fundamental frequency phasor information that is immune to decaying dc effect and harmonics. The conventional Fourier ph as or estimation algorithm is affected by the presence of decaying-exponential transients in the fault signal. This paper presents a modified Fourier algorithm, which effectively eliminates the decaying dc component and the harmonics present in the fault signal. The decaying dc parameters are estimated by means of an out-of-band filtering technique. The decaying dc offset and harmonics are removed by means of a simple computational procedure that involves the design of two sets of Orthogonal digital OFT filters tuned at different frequencies and by creating three off-line look-up tables. The technique was tested for different decay rates of the decaying dc component. It was also compared with the conventional mimic plus the full cycle OFT algorithm. The results indicate that the proposed technique has a faster convergence to the desired value compared to the conventional mimic plus OFT algorithms over a wide range of decay rates. In all cases, the convergence to the desired value was achieved within one cycle of the power system frequency.
- Phadke, A. G, Hlibka. T, Ibrahim, M, 'A Digital Computer system or EHV Substations: Analysis and Field Tests,' IEEE Trans. Power Apparatus and systems,, vol. PAS-95, No. 1, pp. 290-301, Jan/Feb 1976
- Yong Guo, Malden Kezunovic, and Chen. D., 'Simplified Algorithms For the Removal of the Effect of Exponentially Decaying DC-Offset on the Fourier Algorithms', IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, Vol. 18, No. 3, July 2003
- Sidhu, T.S.; Zhang, X.; Albasri, F.; Sachdev, M.S., 'Discrete-Fourier-transform-based technique for removal of decaying DC offset from phasor estimates', Generation, Transmission and Distribution, IEE Proceeding , Vol. 150, Issue: 6, 12 Nov. 2003, pp. 745 ？ 752
- Sachdev. M. S, (Coordinator), IEEE Tutorial Course, Microprocessor Relays and Protection Systems, IEEE Service Center, Publication No. 97EH0269-1-PWR, 1997
- Gabrial Benumouyal 'Removal of DC-Offset in Current Waveforms Using Digital Mimic Filtering', IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, vol. 10 pp. 621-630, 1995
- Sachdev, M.S., and Nagpal, M: 'A Recursive Least Error Squares Algorithm for Power System Relaying and Measurement Applications', IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, July 1991, vol. 6, pp 1008-1015
- Girgis. A. A, and Brown. R. G., 'Application of Kalman Filtering in Computer Relaying' IEEE Trans. On Power Apparatus and Systems, Vol. 100, No. 7, July 1981, pp. 3387-3397
- Lathi B. P., Signal Processing and Liner Systems, Oxford University Press, New York, 2001
- Sachdev, M.S., and Baribeau, M.A.: 'A New Algorithm for Digital Impedance Relays', IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, April 1995, 10, pp-
- Phadke, A. G., and Thorp, J. S.: 'Computer Relaying for Power Systems', Research Studies Press Ltd., Hertfordshire, UK, 1988
- Sachdev. M. S, H.C. Wood and N. G. Johnson, 'Kalman Filtering Applied to Power System Measurements for Relaying,' IEEE Trans on PAS, Vol. 104, No. 12, December 1985, pp. 3565-3573
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기