Control Strategy against Undesirable Zone 3 Relay Operation in Voltage Instability
This paper presents a framework for determining control strategies against unwanted tripping actions during relay operation that plays a very important role in cascading events leading to voltage collapse. The framework includes an algorithm for quick identification of possible zone 3 relay operation during voltage instability. Furthermore, it comes up with the control strategy of load shedding at the selected location with active power and relay margin criteria. In addition, Quasi Steady-State (QSS) simulation is employed to obtain time-related information that is valuable in the determination of control strategy. As a case study, an example applying the framework is shown with the modified New England 39-bus system.
- X. Vieira Filho, L. A. S. Pilottlo, N. Martins, A. R. C. Carvalho, and A. Bianco, 'Brazilian defense plan against extreme contingencies, presented at IEEE Power Engineering Society Transmission and Distribution Conference, 2001
- A. G. Phadke, S. H. Horowitz, and J. S. Thorp, 'Aspects of power system protection in the post-restructuring era,' presented at the 32nd Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, 1999
- F. Dobraca, M. A. Pai, and P. W. Sauer, 'Relay margins as a tool for dynamical security analysis,' International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 226-234, Oct. 1990
- T. Van Cutsem, Y. Jacquemart, J. N. Marquet and P. Pruvot, 'A comprehensive analysis of mid-term voltage stability,' IEEE Trans. Power Systems, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 1173-1182, May 1995
- S. H. Horowitz and A. G. Phadke, Power System Relaying, John Wiley & Sons Inc., 1992
- T. Van Cutsem, C. Vournas, Voltage Stability of Electric Power Systems, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1998
- J. Huang, S. Venkata, V. Ajjarapu, and Z. Zhou, 'Adaptive wide area protection to mitigate voltage collapse,' presented at the 35th Annual North American Power Symposium, Oct. 20-21, 2003, Rolla, Missouri, USA
- Western Systems Coordinating Council Report for the Power System Outages that Occurred on the Western Interconnection on July 2, 1996, 1424 MAST and July 3, 1996, 1403 MAST. Approved Sept. 19, 1996
- D. Karlsson, Eds., Protection against voltage collapse Rep., CIGRE Task Force 34.08, 1998
- Y. Zhou and V. Ajjarapu, 'Local parameterization based tracing for stability boundary, optimal margin control and time domain simulation,' presented at Bulk Power System and Control V, Aug. 26-31, 2001, Onomichi, Japan
- K. Walve: Modeling of Power System Components at Severe Disturbances, CIGRE Report 38-18, 1986
- C. W. Taylor, Power System Voltage Stability, McGraw- Hill, 1994
- D. Karlsson, D. J. Hill, 'Modeling and identification of nonlinear dynamic loads in power systems,' IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, vol. 9, no. 1, Feb. 1994, pp. 157-166
- Y. Zhou and V. Ajjarapu, 'A novel approach to trace time domain trajectories of power systems in multiple time scale,' will appear in IEEE Transaction on Power Systems
- WSCC Relay Work Group, Application of Zone 3 Distance Relays on Transmission Lines, WSCC Replay Work Group Report, Sept. 10, 1997. [Online] http://www.wecc.biz/committees/OC/TOS/RWG/documents/application_of_zone3_distance_relays_on_transmission_lines.pdf.
- D. Karlsson and X. Waymel, Eds., System protection schemes in power networks, Rep., CIGRE Task Force 38.02.19, June 2001
- P. Kundur, Power System Stability and Control, McGraw- Hill, 1994
- M. Begovic, D. Fulton, M. R. Gonzalez, J. Goossens, E. A. Guro, R. W. Haas, C. F. Henville, G. Manchur, G. L. Michel, R. C. Pastore, J. Postforoosh, G. L. Schmitt, J. B. Williams, K. Zimmerman, and A. A. Burzese, 'Summary of system protection and voltage stability,' IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 631-638, April 1995
- M. Jonsson and J. E. Daalder, 'An adaptive scheme to prevent undesirable distance protection operation during voltage instability,' IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 1174-1180, Oct. 2003
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기