An Interior Point Method based Reactive Optimal Power Flow Incorporating Margin Enhancement Constraints
This paper describes a reactive optimal power flow incorporating margin enhancement constraints. Margin sensitivity at a steady-state voltage instability point is calculated using invariant space parametric sensitivity, and it can provide valuable information for selection of effective control parameters. However, the weakest buses in neighboring regions have high margin sensitivities within a certain range. Hence, the control determination using only the sensitivity information might cause violation of operational limits of the base operating point, at which the control is applied to enhance voltage stability margin in the direction of parameter increase. This paper applies an interior point method (IPM) to solve the optimal power flow formulation with the margin enhancement constraints, and shunt capacitances are mainly considered as control variables. In addition, nonlinearity of margin enhancement with respect to control of shunt capacitance is considered for speed-up control determination in the numerical example using the IEEE 118-bus test system.
- C. W. Taylor, Power System Voltage Stability, McGraw-Hill, 1993
- T. Van Cutsem, C. Vournas, Voltage Stability of Electric Power Systems, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1998
- I. Dobson and L. Liu, 'Computing an optimum direction in control space to avoid saddle node bifurcation and voltage collapse in electrical power systems,' IEEE Trans. Automatic Control, vol. 37, no. 10, pp. 1616-1620, Oct. 1992
- J. Kubokawa, R. Inoue, and H. Sasaki, 'A solution of optimal power flow with voltage stability constraints,' in Proc. International Conference on PowerCon, 2000
- IEEE PES Power system stability subcommittee, Voltage Stability Assessment: Concepts, Practices and Tools, IEEE Product no. SP101PSS, 2002
- B. Lee and V. Ajjarapu, 'Invariant subspace parametric sensitivity (ISPS) of structure preserving power models,' IEEE Trans. Power Systems, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 845-850, May 1996
- Z. Feng, V. Ajjarapu and D. J. Maratukulam, 'Comprehensive approach for preventive and corrective control to mitigate voltage collapse,' IEEE Trans. Power Systems, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 791-797, May 2000
- N. A. Alemadi, R. A. Schlueter, 'Dispatching for preventive and corrective control of voltage collapse in a deregulated power system,' in Proc. Bulk Power System Dynamics and Control V, 2001
- X. Wang, Ejebe, J. Tong and J. G. Waight, 'Preventive/corrective control for voltage stability using direct interior point method,' IEEE Trans. Power Systems, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 416-423, Aug. 1998
- S. Kim, T.-Y. Song, M.-H. Jeong, B. Lee; Y.-H. Moon, J.-Y. Namkung, and G. Jang, 'Development of voltage stability constrained optimal power flow (VSCOPF),' in Proc. IEEE PES Summer Meeting, 2000
- H. Song, B. Lee, S.-H. Kwon and V. Ajjarapu, 'Reactive reserve-based contingency constrained optimal power flow (RCCOPF) for enhancement of voltage stability margins,' IEEE Trans. Power Systems, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 1538-1546, Nov. 2003
- P. Kundur, Power System Stability and Control, McGraw- Hill, 1993
- E. Vaahedi, Y. Mansour, C. Fuchs, S. Granville, M.D.L. Latore, and H. Hamadanizadeh, 'Dynamic security constrained optimal power flow/VAr planning,' IEEE Trans. Power Systems, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 38-43, Feb. 2001
- F. Capitanescu and T. Van Cutsem, 'Preventive control of voltage security margins: A multicontingency sensitivitysensitivitybased approach,' IEEE Trans. Power Systems, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 358-364, May 2002
- CIGRE Task Force 38-02-11, 'Indices predicting voltage collapse including dynamic phenomena,' CIGRE Brochure no. 101, Oct. 1995
- W. Rosehart, C. Canizares, and V. Quintana, 'Optimal power flow incorporating voltage collapse constraints,' in Proc. IEEE PES Summer Meeting, 1999
- Q. Wang and V. Ajjarapu, 'A Critical Review on Preventive and Corrective Control against Voltage Collapse, Electric Power Components and Systems, Vol. 29, No. 12, Dec. 2001, pp. 1133-1144
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- 2010. "" Journal of electrical engineering & technology, 5(1): 70~78
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기