A Distribution Automation System Simulator for Training and Research
This paper presents the design and development of a scaled down physical model for power Distribution Automation (DA) system simulation. The developed DA system simulator is useful in providing hands-on experience to utility engineers / managers to familiarize with the DA system and gain confidence in managing the power distribution system from the computer aided distribution control center. The distribution automation system simulator can be effectively used to carry out further research work in this area. This also helps the undergraduate and graduate students to understands the power distribution automation technology in the laboratory environment. The developed DA simulator has become an integral part of a distribution automation lab in the Electrical Engineering Department at Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur in India.
- V. Gupta, and A. Pahwa, 'A voltage drop-based approach to include cold load pickup in design of distribution systems', IEEE Trans. Power Systems, vol. 19, pp. 957-963, May 2004
- D. Bassett, K. Clinard, J. Grainger, S. Purucker, and D. Ward, 'Tutorial Course: Distribution Automation', IEEE Publication 88EH0280-8-PWR, 1988
- P. Kumar, V. K. Chandna, and M. S. Thomas, 'Intelligent algorithm for pre-processing multiple data at RTU,' IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 18, pp. 1566？1572, Nov. 2003
- P. Kumar, V. K. Chandna, and M. S. Thomas, 'Fuzzy-genetic algorithm for pre-processing data at RTU,' IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 19, pp. 718？ 723, May 2004
- S. P. Carullo and C. O. Nwankpa, 'Interconnected power systems laboratory: A computer automated instructional facility for power system experiments,' IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 17, pp. 215？222, May 2002
- D. T. Askounis and E. Kalfaouglou, 'The greek EMS-SCADA: From the contractor to the user,' IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 15, pp. 1423？1427, Nov. 2000
- R. P. Gupta, Sachchidanand, and R. K. Varma, 'Novel Software Architecture for Power Distribution Automation', in Proc. of IEEE Power Engineering Society General Meeting Conference, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, July 13-17, 2003, vol. 3, pp. 1598- 1603
- Mini S. Thomas, P. Kumar, and V. K. Chandna, 'Design, development, and commissioning of a supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) laboratory for research and training', IEEE Trans. Power Systems, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 1582 ？ 1588, 2004
- B. Qiu and H. B. Gooi, 'Web-based SCADA display systems (WSDS) for access via internet,' IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 15, pp. 681？686, May 2000
- J. D. McDonald, 'Substation automation IED, integration & availability of information,' IEEE Power Energy Mag., vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 22？31, Mar./Apr. 2003
- S.-J. Huang and Chih-Chieh, 'Application of ATM - BASED network for an integrated distribution SCADA-GIS system,' IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 17, pp. 80？86, Feb. 2002
- K. K. Tan, T. H. Lee, and C. Y. Soh, 'Internet-based monitoring of distributed control systems-an undergraduate experiment,' IEEE Trans. Education, vol. 45, pp. 128？134, May 2002
- DNP3.0 over TCP/IP and Ethernet [Online]. Available at http://members.iinet.net.au/-ianw/archive/c1963.htm#AEN1965
- A. Phawa, X. Feng, and D. Lubkeman, 'Performance evaluation of electric distribution utilities based on data envelopment analysis', IEEE Trans. Power Systems, vol. 18, pp. 400-405, Feb. 2003
- S. S. Venkata, A. Pahwa, R. E. Brown, and R. D. Christie, 'What future distribution engineers need to learn', IEEE Trans. Power Systems, vol. 19, pp. 17- 23, Feb. 2004
- P. Deepal Rodrigo, A. Pahwa, and J. E. Boyer, 'An analytical approach for step-by-step restoration of distribution systems following extended outages', IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, vol. 9, pp. 1717-1723, Jul. 1994
- P. Deepal Rodrigo, A. Pahwa, and J. E. Boyer, 'Location of outages in distribution systems based on statistical hypotheses testing', IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, vol. 11, pp. 546-551, Jan. 1996
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기