Application of Permanent Magnet Synchronous Machines in Automotive Steering Systems
Several of the conventional hydraulic systems in an automobile are now being replaced by more reliable and energy efficient electromechanical systems. Developments in the brushless permanent magnet machine and in the power and control electronics are the key factors responsible for this transformation. These applications brought out some performance challenges associated with the brushless machines. This paper will focus on these challenges to be able to use these machines in such applications. In terms of replacing hydraulic systems with electromechanical systems, steering system is leading the way in automobiles. Currently, steering systems using Electro-hydraulically assisted systems and Electrically assisted (Electromechanical) systems are in the market. Though the Electrically assisted power steering has several advantages over other systems, certain performance and cost challenges delayed the penetration of such systems in to the market.
- ？Elizabeth A. Bretz, 'By-wire cars tum the comer', IEEE Spectrum, April 2001, pp: 68-73
- ？M. S. Islam, S. Mir, T. Sebastian, 'Electric Motors for Automotive applications', European Power Electronics Journal, Vol. 14, no 1, February 2004, pp. 31-37
- ？A. Pawlak, D. Graber, and D. Eckhardt, 'Magnetic power steering assist system', SAE International Congress and Exposition, Detroit, Michigan, USA, Feb 28-Mar. 3,1994, SP-1136, Detroit, MI USA
- ？M. S. Islam, S. Mir and T. Sebastian, 'Issues in reducing the cogging torque of mass-produced permanent magnet brushless DC motors,' IEEE Trans. on Industry Applications, vol. 40, no.3, pp. 813-820, May/June 2004
- ？S. Chen, C. Numudari, S. Mir, 'Controller Induced Parasitic Torque Ripple in a PM Synchronous Motor' Proceedings of the IEEE Industry Application Society Annual meeting, Rome, Italy, 2000, Oct 7-14
- ？B. Liu, S.K. Murthy and T. Sebastian, 'Design considerations of drive motors for electric power steering', Proc. of the 32nd Int. Symposium on Automotive Technology and Automation (ISATA), Vienna, Austria, 14th June - 18th June 1999, paper # 99AE021, pp.195-198
- ？N. Iwama, Y. Inaguma, K. Asano, T. Mori, Y. Hayashi 'Independent rear wheel control by electric motors, 23rd FISITA Congress, Torino, Italy, 1990
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기