A New Approach to On-Line Monitoring Device for ZnO Surge Arresters
This paper describes a new approach to the algorithm and fundamental characteristics of the device for monitoring the leakage currents flowing through zinc oxide (ZnO) surge arresters. In order to obtain a technique for a new on-line monitoring device that can be used in the deterioration diagnosis of ZnO surge arresters, the new algorithm and on-line leakage current detection device for extracting the resistive and capacitive currents using the phase shift addition method were proposed. The computer-based on-line monitoring device can sense accurately the power frequency leakage currents flowing through ZnO surge arresters. The on-line leakage current monitoring device of ZnO surge arresters proposed in this work has the high sensitivity compared to the third harmonic leakage current detection devices. As a consequence, it was found that the proposed leakage current monitoring device would be useful for forecasting the defects and degradation of ZnO surge arresters.
- L.M. Faulkenberry, W. Coffer, Electrical Power Distribution and Transmission, Prectice Hall, Inc. pp.189-196, 1996
- J. Lundquist, L. Stenstrom, A. Schei and B. Hansen, 'New Method for Measurement of the Resistive Leakage Currents of Metal-Oxide Surge Arresters in Service', IEEE Trans. Vol.PD-5, No.4, pp.1811-1822, 1990
- Bok-Hee Lee and Sung-Man Kang, 'A new on-line leakage current monitoring system of ZnO Surge Arresters' Materials Science and Engineering B, accepted for publication on Dec. 2004
- Bok-Hee Lee, Sung-Man Kang, Ju-Hong Eom, Tatsuo Kawamura, 'A Monitoring Device of Leakage Currents Flowing through ZnO Surge Arresters' Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Vol.42, Pt 1, No.4A, pp.1568-1574, 2003
- A. Haddad, J. Fuentes-Rosado, D. M. German, and R. T. Warwes, 'Characterisation of ZnO surge arrester elements with direct and power frequency voltages', IEE Proc., Vol.137, Pt. A, No.5, pp.269-279, 1990
- T. Klein, W. Kohler, K. Feser, W. Schmidt, and R. Bebensee, 'A New Monitoring System for Metal Oxide Surge Arresters', Proc. 11th ISH, Paper 2. 302, 1999
- S. Shirakawa, F. Endo, H. Kitajima, S. Kobayashi, K. Kurita, K. Goto, M. Sakai, 'Maintenance of surge arrester by a portable arrester leakage current detector', IEEE Trans. Vol.PD-3, No.3, pp.998-1003, 1988
- M. Oyama, I. Ohshima, M. Honda, 'Life performance of zinc-oxide elements under DC voltage', IEEE Trans. Vol.PAS-101, No.6, pp.1364-1368, 1982
- M. Matsuoka, 'Nonohmic properties of Zinc Oxide Ceramics', Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 10, No. 6, pp.736-741, 1971
- K. Sato, Y. Takada and H. Maehama, 'Electrical Conduction of ZnO Varistors under Continuous DC Stress', Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 19, No. 5, pp.909-915, 1980
- W. G. carlson, Dr. T. K. Gupta, A. Sweetana, 'A procedure for estimating the life time of gapless metal oxide surge arresters for AC application', IEEE Trans. Vol.PWRD-1, No.2, 67-74, 1986
- C.A. Spellman, A. Haddad, 'A technique for on-line monitoring of ZnO arresters', Proc. 10th ISH, Vol.4, pp.148-151, 1997
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기