Unified Parametric Approaches for Observer Design in Matrix Second-order Linear Systems
This paper designs observers for matrix second-order linear systems on the basis of generalized eigenstructure assignment via unified parametric approach. It is shown that the problem is closely related with a type of so-called generalized matrix second-order Sylvester matrix equations. Through establishing two general parametric solutions to this type of matrix equations, two unified complete parametric methods for the proposed observer design problem are presented. Both methods give simple complete parametric expressions for the observer gain matrices. The first one mainly depends on a series of singular value decompositions, and is thus numerically simple and reliable; the second one utilizes the right factorization of the system, and allows eigenvalues of the error system to be set undetermined and sought via certain optimization procedures. A spring-mass system is utilized to show the effect of the proposed approaches.
- M. J. Balas, 'Trends in large space structure control theory: fondest hopes,' IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 522-535, June 1982
- A. Bhayah and C. Desoer, 'On the design of large flexible space structures (LFSS),' IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, vol. 30, no. 11, pp. 1118-1120, November 1985
- A. M. Diwekar and R. K. Yedavalli, 'Stability of matrix second-order systems: new conditions and perspectives,' IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, vol. 44, no. 9, pp. 1773-1777, September 1999
- S.-K. Kwak and R. K. Yedavalli, 'New approaches for observer design in linear matrix second order systems,' Proc. of the American Control Conference, pp. 2311-2315, 2000
- G. R. Duan, L. S. Zhou, and Y. M. Xu, 'A parametric approach for observer-based control system design,' Proc. of the Asia-Pacific Conf. Measurement and Control, Guangzhou, PR China, pp. 259-300, 1991
- G. R. Duan, 'On the solution to Sylvester matrix equation AV+BW=EVF,' IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 612-614, April 1996
- T. G. J. Beelen and G. W. Veltkamp, 'Numerical computation of a coprime factorization of a transfer-function matrix,' Syst. Control Lett., vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 281-288, 1987
- G. R. Duan and G. P. Liu, 'Complete parametric approach for eigenstructure assignment in a class of second-order linear systems,' Automatica, vol. 38, pp. 725-729, 2002
- P. C. Hughes and R. E. Skelton, 'Controllability and observability of linear matrix second-order system,' Journal of Applied Mechanics, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 415-421, June 1980
- M. A. Demetriou, 'UIO for fault detection in vector second order systems,' Proc. of the American Control Conference, Arlington, VA, pp. 1121-1126, June 25-27, 2001
- G. R. Duan, 'Solution of matrix equation AV+BW=EVF and eigenstructure assignment for descriptor systems,' Automatica, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 639-643, 1992
- B. N. Datta, and F. Rincon, 'Feedback stabilization of a second-order system: a nonmodal approach,' Linear Algebra Applications, vol. 188/189, pp. 135-161, 1993
- N. K. Nichols and J. Kautsky, 'Robust eigenstructure assignment in quadratic matrix polynomials: nonsingular case,' SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 77-102, 2001
- A. M. Diwekar and R. K. Yedavalli, 'Smart structure control in matrix second-order form,' Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 5, pp.429- 436, 1996
- A. J. Laub and W. F. Arnold, 'Controllability and observability criteria for multivariable linear second-order model,' IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 163-165, February 1984
- K. B. Datta and S. Gangopadhyay, 'Reduction of transfer functions to coprime forms,' Control Theory Adv. Technol., vol. 7, pp. 321-334, 1991
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기