Design of Adaptive Fuzzy Sliding Mode Controller based on Fuzzy Basis Function Expansion for UFV Depth Control
Generally, the underwater flight vehicle (UFV) depth control system operates with the following problems: it is a multi-input multi-output (MIMO) system because the UFV contains both pitch and depth angle variables as well as multiple control planes, it requires robustness because of the possibility that it may encounter uncertainties such as parameter variations and disturbances, it requires a continuous control input because the system that has reduced power consumption and acoustic noise is more practical, and further, it has the speed dependency of controller parameters because the control forces of control planes depend on the operating speed. To solve these problems, an adaptive fuzzy sliding mode controller (AFSMC), which is based on the decomposition method using expert knowledge in the UFV depth control and utilizes a fuzzy basis function expansion (FBFE) and a proportional integral augmented sliding signal, is proposed. To verify the performance of the AFSMC, UFV depth control is performed. Simulation results show that the AFSMC solves all problems experienced in the UFV depth control system online.
- B. Jalving, 'The NDRE-AUV flight control system,' IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 497-501, 1994
- J. H. Lee and M. J. Youn, 'Design of a variable structure controller using an integral augmented sliding surface for position control of BLDDSM with prescribed output dynamics,' Journal of KIEE, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 16-26, 1995
- R. K. Lea, R. Allen, and S. L. Merry, 'A comparative study for control techniques for an underwater flight vehicle,' International Journal of System Science, vol. 30, pp. 947-964, 1999
- E. Liceaga-Castro and G. M. van der Molen, 'A Submarine depth control system design,' International Journal of Control, vol. 61, no. 3, pp. 279-308, 1995
- R. Cristi, F. A. Papoulias, and A. J. Healey, 'Adaptive sliding mode control of autonomous underwater vehicles in the dive plane,' IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 152-160, 1990
- M. Gertler and G. R. Hagen, 'Standard equation of motion for submarine simulation,' Naval Ship Research and Development Center Report 2510, 1967
E. Liceaga-Castro and G. M. van der Molen, 'Submarine
$H_\infty$depth control under wave disturbances,' IEEE Trans. on Control Systems Technology, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 338-346, 1995
- C. T. Leondes, Fuzzy Theory Systems, Academic Press, 1999
- T. Takagi and M. Sugeno, 'Fuzzy identification of system and its applications to modeling and control,' IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 116-132, 1985
- H. S. Kim, J. H. Park, and Y. K. Choi, 'Design of fuzzy sliding mode controller and neural network interpolator for UFV depth control,' Machine Intelligence & Robotic Control, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 21-25, 2002
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (4)
- 2006. "" International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems, 4(5): 559~566
- 2007. "" International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems, 5(3): 307~316
- 2009. "" International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems, 7(6): 1001~1008
- 2012. "" International journal of naval architecture and ocean engineering, 4(4): 335~352
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기