Dietary Habits and Lifestyle Factors in Relation to Sa-Sang Constitution
According to Sa-Sang constitution, people can be classified into 4 types, Tae-Yang-In, Tae-Eum-In, So-Yang-In, and So-Eum-In. 1he purpose of this study was to examine any significance between types of Sa-Sang constitution and dietary factors. Physical and constitutional examinations as well as a questionnaire survey were conducted on a group of 483 college students. Among the group of 483 college students, only 428 subjects were determined to have identical constitution through both the questionnaire survey and Korean traditional medical doctors' inquiries. Of 428 subjects, $29.7\%$ were determined to be Tae-Eum-Ins; $35.5\%$ were identified as So-Yang-Ins; $34.8\%$ were classified as So-Eum-Ins. Tae-Eum-Ins showed a statistically significant difference in BMI and higher smoking rate in comparison with groups of So-Yang-Ins and So-Eum-Ins. So-Eum-Ins had a tendency to take vegetables and fruits more often but they had lower preferences for balanced diets. Tae-Eum-Ins showed higher propensity to eat a visible fat protein. In terms of degrees of doneness of meat, So-Yang-Ins showed a higher tendency to prefer well-broiled meat Tae-Eum-Ins also tended to have significantly higher iron, potassium, sodium, vitamin $B_1$ , niacin, $\beta$ -carotene and vitamin E in their diet So-Eum-Ins had significantly lower intakes of protein, phosphorous, and folate. Considering the fact that most chronic degenerative diseases could be developed by any lifestyle factors, it is necessary to conduct educational programs about lifestyles including dietary habits for maintaining good health; On the basis of the results of this study, it is expected that the scientific, objective and accurate diet information depending upon individual's type of constitution will be provided.
- Sa-Sang Constitution. Society of Korean Sa-Sang Constitution Association. Jib Mun Dang: Seoul, 1998
- Kim DL. Reliability of questionnaire on Sa-Sang constitutional classification. J Const Med 6:89-94, 1994
- Lee SK, Koh BH, Song IB. Analysis of Sa-Sang constitution based on physical examination. Kyung Hee Medical Journal 12:349-362, 1996
- Kim JW. Clinical perspectives in alcoholics' personal characteristics. Master thesis. Kyung Hee University, 1992
- Lee JM. Dong-Eui-Su-Se-Bo-Won. Sung Li Hwe Company: Seoul, 1967
- Sa-Sang Constitution. Society of Korean Sa-Sang Constitution Association. Jib Mun Dang: Seoul, 1997
- SPSS professional statistics 11.0. SPSS Inc. Chicago: IL, 2001
- Tabachnick BG, Fidell LS. Using multivariate statistics. 4th ed. New York, NY: Harper Collins College Publishers, 2000
- Kim KY. Biochemical change in blood among Tae-Eum male students. Journal of Constitutional Medicine 1:151-172, 1991
- Moon HJ, Jung SJ. Nursing approach of four constitutional theory. J Korea Community Health Nursing 10:139-154, 1996
- Song IB, Kho BH, Lee EJ. Validation of QSCCII. J Const Med 7:89-100, 1995
- Kim J, Ahn YO, Paik HY, Hamajima N, Inoue M, Tajima K. Calibration of a food frequency questionnaire in Koreans. Asian Pacific J Clin Nutr 12:251-256, 2003
- Kim EJ, Choue R, Song IB. The food classification in Sa-Sang constitution and effects of Tae-Eum constitutional diet on the blood biochemical parameters and health status. Korean J Nutr 32:827-837, 1999
- Cho HS, Ji SE, Lee EJ, Hong SC, Koh BH, Kwon GH, Na BH, Cho DU. Validation of Sa-Sang Constitution. J Const Med 9:147-173, 1997
- Kim J, Kim Y, Abn YO, Paik HY, Ahn Y. Tokudome Y. Hamajima N, Inoue M, Tajima K. Development of a food frequency questionnaire in Koreans. Asian Pacific J Clin Nutr 12:243-250, 2003
- Hong JM, Yoon YS, Choi SM. A study of the difference in body composition, eating habits and dietary intake in three Sa-sang constitution among elementary school children. Korean J Community Nutr, 7:67-75, 2002
- Willett WC. Nutritional epidemiology. 2nd ed. New York: Oxford University Press, 1998
- Ann DH. Sa-Sang constitution and diabetes mellitus. J Const Med 6:41-45, 1994
- Song IB. East Constitutional Medicine. Sa Sang Company: Seoul, 1996
- Kim YK, Cho MR, Chang R, Choue R. Food habits, nutrient intakes, and disease distribution according to Sa-Sang constitution in the elderly aged over 65 years (II). Korean J Community Nutr 7:76-85, 2002
- Sung HJ, Choi SM, Chi SE, Ahn KS. Study of objective diagnostic index of Sa-Sang constitution classification. Korean Institute of Oriental Medicine, 2000
- Hong SY, Lee YH. Principle of Sa-Sang Constitution. Su Mun Company: Seoul, 1973
- Kim SM, Song IB. Perspectives in Dong-Eui-Su-Se-Bo-Won. J Const Med 12:101-109, 2000
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기