An OFDMA-Based Next-Generation Wireless Downlink System Design with Hybrid Multiple Access and Frequency Grouping Techniques
This paper discusses how to effectively design a next-generation wireless communication system that can possibly provide very high data-rate transmissions and versatile quality services. In order to accommodate the sophisticated user requirements and diversified user environments of the next-generation systems, it should be designed to take an efficient and flexible structure for multiple access and resource allocation. In addition, the design should be optimized for cost-effective usage of resources and for efficient operation in a multi-cell environment. As orthogonal frequency division multiple access (OFDMA) has turned out in recent researches to be one of the most promising multiple access techniques that can possibly meet all those requirements through efficient radio spectrum utilization, we take OFDMA as the basic framework in the next-generation wireless communications system design. So, in this paper, we focus on introducing an OFDMA-based downlink system design that employs the techniques of hybrid multiple access (HMA) and frequency group (FG) in conjunction with intra-frequency group averaging (IFGA). The HMA technique combines various multiple access schemes on the basis of OFDMA system, adopting the multiple access scheme that best fits to the given user condition in terms of mobility, service, and environment. The FG concept and IFGA technique help to reduce the feedback overhead of OFDMA system and the other-cell interference (OCI) problem by grouping the sub-carriers based on coherence band-widths and by harmonizing the channel condition and OCI of the grouped sub-carriers.
- R. Laroia, J. Li, and M. D. Vanderveen, 'Orthogonal frequency divi￢sion multiplexing based spread spectrium multiple access,' US Patents no. 6,473,418 B1, Oct. 2002
- H. Atarashi, S. Abeta, and M. Sawahashi, 'Variable spreading factor-orthogonal frequency and code division multiplexing (VSF-OFCDM) for broadband packet wireless access,' IEICE Trans. Commun., vol. E86-B, no. 1, 2003
- S. Kaiser, 'MC-FDMA and MC-TDMA versus MC-CDMA and SS-MC-MA: Performance evaluation for fading channels,' in Proc. IEEE ISSSTA '98, 1998
- S. Borst and P. Whiting, 'Dynamic rate control algorithms for HDR throughput optimization,' in Proc. IEEE INFOCOM 2001, 2001
- D. Park et aI., 'A new wireless packet scheduling algorithm based on the CDF of user transmission rates,' in Proc. IEEE GLOBECOM 2003, 2003
- A. J. Paulraj et aI., 'An Overview of MIMO Communications - a key to gigabit wireless,' Proc. IEEE, vol. 92, no. 2, 2004
- H. Sari, 'Orthogonal frequency division multiple access with frequency hopping and diversity,' in Proc. Inter. Workshop Multi-Carrier Spread-Spectrum (MC-SS), 1997
- H. Rohling and R. Funeid, 'Performance comparison of different multiple access schemes for the downlink of an OFDM communications system,' in Proc. IEEE VTC'97, 1997
- H. S. Kim et aI., 'Efficient subcarrier and bit allocation algorithm for OFDMA system with adaptive modulation,' in Proc. IEEE VTC 2004 Spring, 2004
- D. Kivanc, G. Li, and H. Liu, 'Computationally efficient bandwidth allo￢'cation and power control for OFDMA,' IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 2, no. 6, 2003
- X. Liu, E. K. P. Chong, and N. B. Shroff, 'Opportunistic transmission scheduling with resource-sharing constraints in wireless networks,' IEEE J. Select. Areas Commun., vol. 19, no. 10, 2001
- A. Jalali, R. Padovani, and R. Pankaj, 'Data throughput of CDMA-HDR a high efficiency-high data rate personal communication wireless system,' in Proc. IEEE VTC 2000, 2000
- O. Edfors et aI., 'OFDM channel estimation by singular value decomposition,' in Proc. IEEE VTC'96 Spring, 1996
- W. Rhee and J. M. Cioffi, 'Increase in capacity of OFDMA system using dynamic subchannel allocation,' in Proc. IEEE VTC 2000 Spring, 2000
- S. Kallel and D. Haccoun, 'Generalized type II hybrid ARQ scheme using punctured convolutional coding,' IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 38, no. 11, 1990
- C. Y. Wong et al., 'OFDMA with adaptive subcarrier, bit, and power allocation,' IEEE J. Select. Areas Commun., vol. 17, no. 10, 1999
- S. Hara and R. Prasad, 'Design and performance of multicarrier CDMA system in frequency-selective Rayleigh fading channels,' IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., vol. 48, no. 5, 1999
- R. Nee and R. Prasad, OFDM for Wireless Multimedia Communications, Artech House, 2000
- lTU, 'Report of eighth meeting of ITU-R working party 8F,' Ottawa, Japan, May-June 2002
- X. Liu, E. K. P. Chong, and N. B. Shroff, 'A framework for opportunistic scheduling in wireless networks,' Computer Networks, vol. 41, 2003
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- Kim, Kyeong-Yeon ; Ham, Jae-Sang ; Lee, Chung-Yong 2007. "Asymptotic Performance of MIMO-MC-CDMA Systems in Multi-cell Environments" 電子工學會論文誌. Journal of the Institute of Electronics Engineers of Korea. TC, 통신, 44(7): 47~52
저자의 다른 논문
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기