Xylazine hydrochloride로 진정시킨 개에 대한 Dexamethasone의 항구토 효과
Antiemetic Effect of Dexamethasone in Dogs Sedated with Xylazine
Xylazine hydrochloride로 진정한 개에서 발생하는 구토에 대한 dexamethasone의 항구토 효과를 평가하고자 본 실험을 수행하였다. $4.64\pm1.25kg$ 의_임상적으로 건강한 28마리 잡종견을 사용하였으며, 사료공급과 음수급여는 실험 3시간 전 실시하였다. 실험 전과 추 정맥에서 채혈하여 혈액검사와 혈청화학검사를 실시하였다. Dexamethasone 1 mg/kg (D1군), 2mg/kg (D2군), 4mg/kg (D4군) 또는 생리 식염수 0.2ml/kg (Control군)를 정맥내 주사하고 5분 후에 xylazine hydrochloride를 근육내 주사하여 진정시켰다. 각각 구토 발생시간과 구토 유무를 측정하였고, xylazine hydrochloride 진정 후 5, 15, 30, 60분에 Visual Sedation Score를 사용하여 진정정도를 평가하였다. 구토 발생시간은 대조군에서 $203.25\pm11.35$ 초였고, D1군과 D2군에서 각각 $187.33\pm48.01$ 초와 $218.33\pm13.58$ 초로 차이가 없었다. 구토율은 D4군 전체 실험견이 구토를 보이지 않는 반면, Control군 실험견 중 $57\%$ 가 구토를 하였고, D1군과 D2군 실험견들은 각각 $43\%$ 구토율을 나타냈다. 진정 정도는 실험군에 관계없이 dexamethasone을 투여한지 15분 후에 높은 수치를 나타냈다. 혈액검사, 혈청화학검사결과는 정상수치를 보였다. 이상 결과로, 개에서 전처치로 사용한 4mg/kg용량 dexamethasone은 진정작용에 관계없이 xylazine hydrochloride가 유발시키는 구토를 예방한다는 것을 알 수 있다.
This prospective study aimed to assess the efficacy of dexamethasone to prevent xylazine induced emesis in dogs. The antiemetic effect of graded, single high-dose intravenous dexamethasone against xylazine hydrochloride was studied. Clinically healthy mixed breed dogs that weighed $ 4.64\pm1.25kg$ were used in this study. Food and water were given 3 hours before the experiment. Venous blood specimens were collected from all experimental animals for hema-tological and blood chemical test pre- and post-experiment. Twenty-eight experimental animals were randomly divided into 4 groups; the group treated with 0.2ml/kg of normal saline (Control group), the groups treated with 1mg/kg (D1 group), 2mg/kg (D2 group) and 4 mg/kg of dexamethasone (D4 group). Three doses of the dexamethasone or normal saline was administered intravenousely to each group and after 5 minutes, xylazine (2.2 mg/kg) was administered intramuscularly. The time until onset of the first emetic episode and rate of emesis were investigated. At the same time, the extent of sedation was scored subjectively 5, 15, 30 and 60 minutes after injection of xylazine hydrochloride using Visual Sedation Score. The time until onset of the first emetic episode was $203.25\pm11.35$ sec in Control group, $187.33\pm48.0l$ sec in D1 group and 218.33± 13.58 sec in D2 group. The rate of xylazine induced emesis were $57\%$ in Control group and $43\%$ in D1 and D2 group respectively. On the other hand, any emetic episodes were not observed in 04 group. At extent of sedation score, all experimental animals especially including the animals in D1 group were highly sedated at 15 minutes after administration of xylazine hydrochloride. Hematological and blood chemical values showed normal ranges pre- and post-experiment. We concluded that prior treatment with 4 mg/kg of dexamethasone hardly caused xylazine-induced emesis without disturbing the sedative effect of xylazine in dogs.
- Apfel CC, Rower N, Korttila K. How to study postoperative nausea and vomiting. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 2002; 46: 921-928
- Fujii Y, Uemura A. Dexamethasone for the prevention of nausea and vomiting after dilatation and curettage: a randomized controlled trial. Obstet Gynecol 2002; 99: 58-62
- Fukui H, Yamamoto M. Methotrexte produces delayed emesis in dogs: a potential model of delayed emesis induced by chemotherapy. Eur J Pharmacol 1999; 372: 261-267
- Fukunaka N, Sagae S, Kudo R, Endo T, Hirafuji M, Minami M. Effects of granisetron and its combination with dexamethasone on cisplatin-induced delayed emesis in the ferret. Gen Pharmac 1998; 31: 775-781
- Golembiewski JA, O' Brien D. A systemic approach to the manage-ment of postoperative nause and vomiting. J PeriAnesthesia Nursing 2002; 17: 364-376
- Henzi I, Walder B, Tramer MR. Dexamethasone for the prevention of postoperative nausea and vomiting: a quantitative systematic review. Anesth Analg 2000; 90: 186-194
- Hickok JT, Roscoe JA, Morrow GR, King DK, Atkins JN, Fitch TR. Nausea and emesis remain significant problems of chemotherapy despite prophylaxis with 5-hydroxytryptamine-3 antiemetics. Cancer 2003; 97: 2880-2886
- Ho CM, Ho ST, Wang JJ, Lee TY, Chai CY. Effects of dexa-methasone on emesis in cats sedated with xylazine hydrochloride. Am J Vet Res 2001; 62: 1218-1221
- Ho SH, Wang JJ, Tzeng JI. Dexamethasone for preventing nausea and vomiting associated with epidural morphine: A dose-ranging study. Anesth Anal 2001; 92: 745-748
- Kirkbride P, Bezjak A, Pater J, Zee B, Palmer MJ, Wong R, Cross P, Gulavita S, Blood P, Sun A, Dundas G, Ganguly PK, Lim J, Chowdhury AD, Kumar SE, Dar AR. Dexamethasone for the prophylaxis of radiation-induced emesis: A National, Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials Group phase III study. J Clin Oncol 2000; 18: 1960-1966
- Rudd JA Tse JY, Wai MK. Cisplatin-induced emesis in the cat: effect of granisetron and dexamethasone. Eur J Pharmacol 2000; 391: 145-150
- Sam TS, Chan SW, Rudd JA, Yeung JH. Action of glucocorticoids to antgonise cisplatin-induced acute and delayed emesis in the ferret. Eur J Pharmacol 2001; 417: 231-237
- Tramer MR. A rational approach to the control of postoperative nausea and vomiting: evidence from systematic reviews. Part II. Recommendations for prevention and treatment, and research agenda. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 2001; 45: 14-19
- Tuncer S, Bariskaner H, Yosunkaya A, Tavlan A. Influnece of dexamethasone of nausea and vomiting during patient-controlled analgesia with tramadol. Clin Drug Invest 2002; 22: 547-552
- Wang JJ, Ho ST, Liu HS, Ho CM. Prophylactic antiemetic effect of dexamethasone in women undergoing ambulatory laparoscopic surgery. Br J Anaesth 2000; 84: 459-462
- Wang JJ, Wang PC, Liu YH, Chien CC. Low-dose dexamethasone reduces nausea and vomiting after tympanomastoid surgery: a comparison of tropisetron with saline. Am J Otolaryngol 2002; 23: 267-271
- Liu K, Hsu CC, Chi YY. The effect of dose of dexamethasone for antiemesis after major gynecological surgery. Anesth Analg 1999; 89: 1316-1318
- Borget A, Ekatodrmis G, Schenker CA, Warltier DC. Postoperative nausea and vomiting in regional anesthesia. Anesthesiology 2003; 98: 530-457
- Wang JJ, Ho ST, Liu YH, Ho CM, Liu K, Chia YY. Dexamethasone decreases epidural morphine-related nausea and vomiting. Anesth Analg 1999; 89: 117-120
- Dart CM. Advantages and disadvantages of using alpha-2 agonists in veterinary practice. Aust Vet J 1999;77:720-721
Gaynor JS, Muir WW.
$a_2$-Agonists. In: Handbook of eterinary pain management. Missouri: Mosby. 2002: 199-219
- Plumb DC, Glucocorticoid agent. In: Veterinary drug handbook, 3rd ed Iowa: Iowa State university Press. 1999: 306-308
- Hall LW, Clarke KW, Trim CM. Sedation, analgesia & premedication. In: Veterinary Anaesthesia, 10th ed. London: WB Saunder. 2001: 83-87
- Ansah OB, Vainio O, Hellsten C, Raekallio M. Postoperative pain control in cats: Clinical trials with medetomidine and butorphanol. Vet Surg 2002; 31: 99-103
- Gan TJ, Meyer T, Apfel CC, Chung F, Dvis PJ, Eubanks S, Kovac A, Philip BK, Sessler DI, Temo J, Tramer MR, Watcha M. Consensus guidelines for managing postoperative nausea and vomiting. Anesth Analg 2003; 97: 62-71
- Cullen LK. Xylazine and medetomidine in small animals: these drugs should be used carefully. Aust Vet J 1999; 77: 722-723
- Ansah OB, Raekallio M, Vainio O. Correlation between serum concentrations following continuous intravenous infusion of dexme-deto-midine or medetomidine in cats and their sedative and analgesic effects. J Vet Pharmacol Thera 2000; 23: 1-8
- Wang JJ, Ho ST, Tzeng JI, Tang CS. The effect of timing of dexamethsone administration on its efficacy as a prophylactic antiemetic for postoperative nausea and vomiting. Anesth Analg 2000; 91: 136-139
- Liu YH, Li MJ, Wang PC, Wang JJ. Use of dexamethasone on the prophylaxis of nausea and vomiting after tympanomastoid surgery. Laryngoscope 2001; 111: 1271-1274
- Tramer MR. A rational approach to the control of postoperative nausea and vomiting: evidence from systematic reviews. Part I. Efficacy and harm of antiemetic interventions, and methodological issues. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 2001; 45: 4-13
- Hatch RC. Booth NH. Clark JD. Crawford LM Jr. Kitzman JV, Wallner B. Antagonism of xylazine sedation in dogs by 4-aminopyridine and yohimbine. Am J Vet Res 1982; 43: 1009-1014
- Culebras X, Corpataux JB, Gaggero G, Tramer MR The antiemetic efficacy of droperidol added to morphine patiend-controlled analgesia: a randomized, controlled, multicenter dose-finding study. Anesth Analg 2003; 97: 816-821
- Thurmon JC, Tranquilli WJ Bensen GJ. Preanesthetics and anesthetic adjuncts. In: Veterinary anesthesia, 3rd ed. Baltimore: Williams & Wilkins. 1996: 183-209
저자의 다른 논문
- 2003 "랫드에서 고농도의 Carboxymethyl Chitosan이 복벽 유착 예방에 미치는 영향" 大韓獸醫學會誌 = Korean journal of veterinary research 43 (1): 151~156
- 2004 "알라스칸 말라무트에서 Staple 다량 이식례" Journal of veterinary clinics = 한국임상수의학회지 21 (3): 323~325
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기