A Motion Analysis of FPSO in Irregular Waves including Swells
Recently moored offshore vessels like as FPSO(Floating Production Storage Offloading) are frequently deployed in seas for a long time. For successful operation, the motion behavior of such a vessel in waves must be clarified in advance either theoretically or experimentally. It is of particular interest to examine the behavior, when swells are superposed to seas with different incident angle. Such a situation is actually reported in some offshore oilfield. In this paper, the motion of a FPSO in irregular waves including swells is studied in time domain. Hydrodynamic coefficients and wave forces are calculated in frequency domain using three-dimensional singularity distribution method. Time memory function and added mass at infinite frequency are derived by Fourier transform utilizing hydrodynamic damping coefficients. In the process, the numerical accuracy of added mass at infinite frequency is carefully examined in association with free decay simulations. It is found from numerical simulations that swells significantly affect the vertical motion of FPSO mainly because of their longer period compared to the ordinary sea waves. In particular, the roll motion is largely amplified because the dominant period of swell is closer to the roll natural period than that of seas.
- Bhattacharyya, J. 1978. Dynamics of Marine Vehicles, Wiley International
- Faltinsen, O.M. 1990. Sea Loads on Ship and Offshore Structures. Cambridge University Press. Cambridge
- Pinkster, J.A. 1978. Computation of the First and Second Order Wave Forces on Oscillating Bodies in Regular Waves
- Lee, D.H. and Choi, H.S. 2000. A dynamic analysis of FPSO-shuttle tanker system. 10th International Offshore & Polar Engineering Conference, Seattle
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (2)
- Kim, Young-Bok ; Kim, Moo-Hyun ; Kim, Yong-Yook 2009. "Dynamic Analysis of Floating Bodies Considering Multi-body Interaction Effect" 大韓造船學會 論文集 = Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 46(6): 659~666
- Kim, Young-Bok ; Jeong, Tae-Gweon ; Kim, Se-Won ; Kim, Jung-Yeop ; Kim, Young-Hun 2010. "Dynamic Analysis for the Mooring Safety at KwangYang Port" 한국해안·해양공학회논문집 = Journal of Korean Society of Coastal and Ocean Engineers, 22(6): 423~428
- NDSL :
- 한국학술정보 : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기