Effects of Blend Ratio and Heat Treatment on the Properties of the Electrospun Poly(ethylene terephthlate) Nonwovens
Semicrystalline poly(ethylene terephthalate) (cPET)/amorphous poly(ethylene terephthalate) with isophthalic acid (aPET) blends with 100/0, 75/25, 50/50, 25/75, and 0/100 by weight ratios were dissolved in a mixture of trifluoroacetic acid (TFA)/methylene chloride (MC) (50/50, v/v) and electrospun via the electrospinning technique. Solution properties such as solution viscosity, surface tension and electric conductivity were determined. The solution viscosity slightly decreased as aPET content increased, while there was no difference in surface tension with respect to aPET composition. The characteristics of the electro spun cPET/aPET blend nonwovens were investigated in terms of their morphology, pore size and gas permeability. All these measurements were carried out before and after heat treatment for various blend weight ratios. The average diameter of the fibers decreased with increasing aPET composition due to the decrease in viscosity. Also, the morphology of the electrospun cPET/aPET blend nonwovens was changed by heat treatment. The pore size and pore size distribution varied greatly from a few nanometers to a few microns. The gas permeability after heat treatment was lower than that before heat treatment because of the change of the morphology.
- J. Zeleny, Phys. Rev., 10, 1 (1917)
- D. H. Reneker and Y. Chun, Nanotechnology, 7, 216 (1996)
- Y. J. Ryu, H. Y. Kim, K. H. Lee, H. C. Park, and D. R. Lee, Eur. Polym. J., 39, 1883 (2003)
- M. S. Khil, D. I. Cha, H. Y. Kim, I. S. Kim, and N. Bhattarai, J. Biomed. Mater. Res., 67B, 675 (2003)
- M. M. Bergshoef and G. J. Vancso, Adv. Mat., 11, 1362 (1999)
- W. Wong, K. Chan, K. W. Yeung, and K. S. Lau, J. Mater. Process. Technol., 132, 114 (2003)
- A. Carlos and Y. L. Leon, Adv. Colloid Interface Sci., 76, 341 (1998)
- P. Gibson, H. Schreuder-Gibson, and D. Rivin, Colloids Surf A., 187-188,469 (2001)
- K. Kim, M. Yu, X. Zong, J. Chiu, D. Fang, Y. S. Seo, B. S. Hsiao, B. Chu, and M. Hadjiargyrou, Biomaterials, 24, 4977 (2003)
- K. H. Lee, H. Y. Kim, M. S. Khil, Y. M. Ra, and D. R. Lee, Polymer, 44, 1287 (2003)
- K. W. Kim, K. H. Lee, M. S. Khil, Y. S. Ho, and H. Y. Kim, Fibers and Polymers, 5, 122 (2004)
- P. Viswanathamurthi, N. Bhattarai, H. Y. Kim, and D. R. Lee, Nanotechnology, 15, 320 (2004)
- A. Polyakova, D. M. Connor, D. M. Collard, D. A. Schiraldi, A. Hiltner, and E. Baer, J. Polym. Sci. Part B: Polym. Phys., 39, 1900 (2001)
- J. Doshi and D. H. Renekr, J. Electrostat., 35, 151 (1995)
- J. M. Deitzel, J. Kleinmeyer, D. Harris, and N. C. B. Tan, Polymer, 42, 261 (2001)
- J. Lei, M. Shi, and J. Zhang, Eur. Polym. J., 36, 1277 (2000)
- X. F. Lu and J. N. Hay, Polymer, 42, 9423 (2001)
- J. Yu, B. Li, S. Lee, and M. Ree, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 73, 1191 (1999)
- P. W. Gibson, H. L. Schreuder-Gibson, and D. Riven, AIChE J., 45, 190 (1999)
저자의 다른 논문
- 2004 "The Effect of Molecular Weight and the Linear Velocity of Drum Surface on the Properties of Electrospun Poly(ethylene terephthalate) Nonwovens" Fibers and polymers 5 (2): 122~127
- 2004 "Thermal Decomposition Kinetics of Copolymers Derived from p-dioxanone, L-lactide and Poly(ethylene glycol)" Fibers and polymers 5 (4): 289~296
- 2006 "Mechanical Behaviors and Characterization of Electrospun Polysulfone/Polyurethane Blend Nonwovens" Macromolecular research 14 (3): 331~337
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기