Effect of Low Temperature Plasma Treatment on Wool Fabric Properties
Low temperature plasma (LTP) treatment was applied to wool fabric with the use of a non-polymerizing gas, namely oxygen. After the LTP treatment, the fabric properties including low-stress mechanical properties, air permeability and thermal properties, were evaluated. The low-stress mechanical properties were evaluated by means of Kawabata Evaluation System Fabric (KES-F) revealing that the tensile, shearing, bending, compression and surface properties were altered after the LTP treatment. The changes in these properties are believed to be related closely to the inter-fiber and inter-yam frictional force induced by the LTP. The decrease in the air permeability of the LTP-treated wool fabric was found to be probably due to the plasma action effect on increasing in the fabric thickness and a change in fabric surface morphology. The change in the thermal properties of the LTP-treated wool fabric was in good agreement with the above findings and can be attributed to the amount of air trapped between the yams and fibers. This study suggested that the LTP treatment can influence the final properties of the wool fabric.
- S. R. Shukla, Ind. J. Fiber and Text. Res., 26(2), 116 (2001 )
- M. S. Subbulakshmi and K. N. Hansraj, Ind. Text. J., 109(10),12 (1998)
- C.W. Kan, K. Chan, and C. W. M. Yuen, AUTEX Research Journal, 4(1),37 (2004)
- C. W. Kan, K. Chan, and C. W. M. Yuen, The Nucleus, 37(3-4), 161 (2000)
- C. W. Kan, K. Chan, and C. W. M. Yuen, The Nucleus, 37(1-2),9(2000)
- J. C. Jin, W. Lu, and J. J. Dai, Journal of Dong Hua University (English Edition), 19(4), 12 (2002)
- M. Radetic, D. Jocic, P. Jovancic, and R. Trajkovic, American Association of Textile Chemist and Colorist & American Dyestuff Reporter, 32(4), 55 (2000)
- W. D. Yu and H. J. Van, Journal of China Textile University (English Edition), 10(3), 17 (1993)
- C. W. Kan, K. Chan, and C. W. M. Yuen, The Nucleus, 37(1-2), 23 (2000)
- P. Jovancic, D. Jocic, R. Molina, M. R. Julia, and P. Erra, AATCC Review, 3(2), 25 (2003)
- A. Hesse, H. Thomas, and H. Hocker, Text. Res. J., 65(6), 355 (1995)
- C. W. Kan, K. Chan, and C. W. M. Yuen, Fibers and Polymers, 5(1),52 (2004)
- M. S. Kim and T. J. Kang, Text. Res. J., 72(2),113 (2002)
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (2)
- 2009. "" Fibers and polymers, 10(3): 325~332
- Choi, Woo-Hyuk ; Kim, Mi-Kyung ; Kim, Jong-Won ; Yoon, Seok-Han ; Um, In-Cheol 2011. "Change of Dyeability and Physical Properties of Modified Wool by Formic Acid, Ultrasonic Wave and Heat Treatment" 韓國染色加工學會誌 = Textile coloration and finishing, 23(4): 290~297
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기