Preparation of Mucoadhesive Chitosan-Poly(acrylic acid) Microspheres by Interpolymer Complexation and Solvent Evaporation Method I
Mucoadhesive microspheres were prepared by interpolymer complexation of chitosan with poly(acrylic acid) (PAA) and solvent evaporation method to increase gastric residence time. The chitosan-PAA complex formation was confirmed by differential scanning calorimetry and swelling study. The DSC thermogram of chitosan-PAA microspheres showed two exothermic peaks for the decomposition of chitosan and PAA. The swelling ratio of the chitosan-PAA microspheres was dependent on the pH of the medium. The swelling ratio was higher at pH 2.0 than at neutral pH. The results indicated that the microspheres were formed by electrostatic interaction between the carboxyl groups of PAA and the amine groups of chitosan. The effect of various process parameters on the formation and morphology of microspheres was investigated. The best microspheres were obtained when 1.5% of the high molecular weight chitosan and 0.3% of PAA were used as an internal phase. The optimum internal phase volume was 7%. The com oil was used as the external phase of emulsion, and span 80 was used as the surfactant. The prepared microspheres had spherical shape.
- J. Wang, Y. Tabata, D. Bi and K. Morimoto, Evaluation of gastric mucoadhesive properties of aminated gelatin microspheres. J. Control. Rel., 73, 223-231 (2001)
- H. Park and J. R. Robinson, Mechanism of mucoadhesion of poly(acrylic acid) hydrogels. Pharm. Res., 4, 457-464 (1987)
- K. L. Shantha, B. Udaya and K. P. Rao, Tailor-made chitosans for drug delivery. Eur. Polym. J., 31, 377-382 (1995)
- L. Illum, Nidal, N. F. Farraj and S. S. Davis, Chitosan as a novel nasal delivery system for peptide drugs. Pharm. Res., 11, 1186-1189 (1994)
- J. S. Ahn, H. K. Choi, M. K. Chun, , J. M. Ryu, , J. H. Jung, Y. U. Kim and C. S. Cho, Release of triamcinolone acetonide from mucoadhesive polymer composed of chitosan and poly(acrylic acid) in vitro. Biomaterials., 23, 1411-1416 (2002)
- J. D. Smart, I. W. Kellaway and H. E. C. Worthington, An invitro investigation of mucosa-adhesive materials for use in controlled drug delivery. J. Pharm. Pharmacol., 36, 295-299 (1984)
- N. A. Peppas and P. A. Buri, Surface, interfacial and molecular aspects of polymer bioadhesion on soft tissues. J. Control. Rel., 2, 257-275 (1985)
- I. Fiebrig, S. E. Harding, A. J. Rowe, S. C. Hyman and S. S. Davis, Transmission electron microscopy studies on pig gastric mucin and its interactions with chitosan. Carbohyd. Polym., 28, 239-244 (1995)
- Y. Hu, X. Jiang, Y. Ding, H. Ge, Y. Yuan and C. Yang, Synthesis and characterization of chitosan-poly(acrylic acid) nanoparticles. Biomaterials, 23, 3193-3201 (2002)
- V. Chavasit and J. A. Torres, Chitosan-Poly(acrylic acid): Mechanism of complex formation and potential industrial applications. Biotechnol. Prog., 6, 2-6 (1990)
- M.-K. Chun, C.-S. Cho and H.-K. Choi, Mucoadhesive microsphere prepared by novel interpolymer complexation and solvent diffusion method (I), Int. J. Pharm., 288(2), 295-303 (2005)
- M. V. Risbud, A. A. Hardikar, S. V. Bhat and R. R. Bhonde, pH-sensitive freeze-dried chitosan-poly vinyl pyrrolidone hydrogels as controlled release system for antibiotic delivery. J. Control. Rel., 68, 23-30 (2000)
- S. Y. Nam and Y. M. Lee, Pervaporation and properties of chitosan-poly(acrylic acid) complex membranes. J. Memb. Sci., 135, 161-171 (1997)
- H. L. LueBen, C.-M. Lehr, C.-O. Rentel, A. B. J. Noach, A. G. de Boer, J. C. Verhoef and H, E. Junginger, Bioadhesive polymers for the peroral delivery of peptide drugs. J. Control. Rel., 29, 329-338 (1994)
- P. He, S. S. Davis and L. Illum, In vitro evaluation of mucoadhesive properties of chitosan microspheres, Int. J. Pharm., 166, 75-88 (1998)
- J. R. Robinson, M. A. Longer and M. Veillard, Bioadhesive polymers for controlled delivery. New York Acad. Sci., 507, 307-314 (1987)
- J.-H. Lee, T. G. Park and H.-K. Choi, Development of oral drug delivery system using floating microspheres, J. Microencapsulation, 16(6), 715-729 (1999)
- J. S. Ahn, H. K. Choi and C. S. Cho, A novel mucoadhesive polymer prepared by template polymerization of a acrylic acid in the presence of chitosan. Biomaterials., 22, 923-928 (2001)
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- 2005. "" Archives of pharmacal research : a publication of the Pharmaceutical Society of Korea, 28(5): 612~618
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기