Analysis of Diesel Combustion Flames with Highly Oxygenated Fuels
With highly oxygenated fuels the smoke emissions decreased sharply and linearly with increases in the fuel oxygen content and entirely disappeared at an oxygen content of $38wt-\%$ even at stoichiometric mixture conditions The NOx also decreased monotonically with increases in oxygen content. and thermal efficiency slightly improved because of a reduction in cooling loss and improvement in the degree of constant volume combustion. The mechanisms of the significant reductions in emissions and improvement in engine performance were analyzed with a bottom view type DI diesel engine. Together with direct flame images, flame images were taken through an optical fetter passing only two wavelengths for use in 2-D two-color analysis. The results showed that luminous flame decreased significantly with increases in oxygen content and was not detected for neat dimethoxy methane(DMM). The decrease in flame luminosity with highly oxygenated fuels corresponds with decreases in soot and cooling losses, including those due to heat radiation. The 2-D two-color flame analysis indicated that the high temperature flame and high KL factor areas apparently decreased with increasing fuel oxygen content. These results correspond strongly with decreases in NOx. smoke. and cooling loss with increases in oxygen content.
- S. Kajitani. Z. L. Chen and M. Konno, 'Engine Performance and Exhaust Characteristics of Direct Injection Diesel Engine Operated with DME', SAE paper 972973, 1997
- Y. Matsui, T. Kamimoto and S. Matsuoka, 'A Study on the Time and Space Resolved Measurement of Temperature and Soot Concentration in a D.I. Diesel Engine by the Two-Color Method', SAE Paper 790491, 1979
- B. S. Kim and N. Miyamoto, 'A Study on Performance Characteristics of the Diesel Engine using High Viscous Oils by blending Low Boiling Point Oxygenates', Transactions of KSAE, Vol.11, No.4, pp.44-51, 2003
- N. Miyamoto, H. Ogawa, Md. N. Nurun, K. Obata and T. Arima, 'Smokeless, Low, Noise Diesel Combustion with Oxygenated Agents as Main Fuel', SAE Paper 980506, 1998
- B. S. Kim, H. Ogawa, Md. N. Nurun, M. Minami and N. Miyamoto, 'Ultra Low Emissions and High Performance Diesel Combustion with a Combination of High EGR, Three-Way Catalyst, and a Highly Oxygenated Fuel, Dimethoxy Methane (DMM)', SAE Paper 2000-01-1819, 2000
- Md. N. Nurun, M. Minami, H. Ogawa and N. Miyamoto, 'Ultra Low Emission and High Performance Diesel Combustion with Highly Oxygenated Fuel', SAE Paper 2000-01-0231, 2000
- S. C. Sorenson and S. E. Mikkelsen, 'Performance and Emissions of a 0.273 Liter Direct Injection Diesel Engine Fueled with Neat Dimethyl Ether', SAE paper 950064, 1995
- Y. Akasaka and Y. Sakurai,'Effect of Fuel Properties and Oxygenates on Diesel Exhaust Emissions from Heavy Duty Di Diesel Engine', SAE paper 942023, 1994
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기