A Study on Emissions and Catalytic Conversion Efficiency Characteristics of an Electronic Control Engine Using Ethanol Blended Gasoline as Fuels
In this paper, the effects of ethanol blended gasoline on emissions and their catalytic conversion efficiency characteristics were investigated in a multiple-point EFI gasoline engine, The results show that with the increase of ethanol concentration in the blended fuels, THC emissions were drastically reduced by up to thirty percent, And brake specific fuel consumption was increased, but brake specific energy consumption could be improved. However, unburned ethanol and acetaldehyde emissions increased. Pt/Rh based three-way catalysts were effective to reduce acetaldehyde emissions, but had low catalytic conversion efficiency for unburned ethanol. The effect of ethanol on CO and NOx emissions and their catalytic conversion efficiency had close relation to the engine's speed, load and air/fuel ratio. Furthermore fuels blended with thirty percent ethanol by volume could dramatically reduced THC CO and NOx emissions at idle speed.
- Ana, Y.J., D.H. Kampbellb, G.W. Sewellb 'Water Quality at. ve marinas in Lake Texoma as related to methyl ether(MTBE)', Environmental Pollution,. Vol.118, pp. 331-336, 2000
- Poulopoulos,S., C. Philippopoulos 'Influence of MTBE addition into gasoline on automotive exhaust emissions', Atmospheric Environment, Vol. 34, pp. 4781-4786. 2000
- Flynn, P.J., M.T. Ityokumbul and A. L. Boehman, 'Preliminary investigation in the viability of 1,3-dioxolane as an alternative to MTBE in reformulated gasoline', SAE Paper, No. 2001-01-3683, 2001
- Poulopoulos,S.G., D.P.Samaras and C.J. Philippopoulos 'Regulated and unregulated emissions from internal combustion engine operating on ethanol-containing fuels', Atmospheic Environment, pp. 4399-4406, 2001
- Nadim,F., P. Zack, G.E. Hong, 'United State Experience with Gasoline Addisives, Energy Pilicy', Vol.29, pp. 1-5, 1999
- Wheals, A.E., L.C. Basso, Denise M.G.Alves, Fuel Ethanol after 25 Years, TIBTECH, Vol. 17, pp. 482-487, 1999
- pumphrey, J. A., J.I. Brand and W.A. Scheller, Vapour pressure Measurements and Predictions for Alcohol-gasoline Blends, Fuel, Vol. 79, pp. 1405-1411, 2000
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기