A Numerical Study on the Effect of Inlet Guide Vane Angle on the Performance of Francis Hydraulic Turbine
The objective of this study is an understanding of the effect of inlet flow angle on the output power performance of a Francis hydraulic turbine, An optimum induced angle at the inlet of the turbine is one of the most important design parameters to have the best performance of the turbine at a given operating condition, In general. rotating speed of the turbine is varied with the change of water mass flowrate in a volute, The induced angle of the inlet water should be properly adjusted to the operating condition to have maximum energy conversion efficiency of the turbine, In this study. a numerical simulation was conducted to have detail understanding of the flow phenomenon in the flow path and output power of the model Francis turbine. The indicated power produced by the model turbine at a given operating condition was found numerically and compared to the brake power of the turbine measured by experiment at KIER. From comparison of two results, turbine efficiency or energy conversion efficiency of the model turbine was estimated. From the study, it was found that the rotating power of the turbine linearly increased with the rotating speed. It means that the higher volume flow rate supplied. the bigger torque on the turbine shaft generated. The maximum brake efficiency of the turbine is around 46 $\%$ at 35 degree of induced angle. The difference between numerical and experimental output of the model turbine is defined as mechanical efficiency. The maximum mechanical efficiency of the turbine is around 93 $\%$ at 25 $\∼$ 30 degree of induced angle.
- PHOENICS PIL Manual, Version 3.1, CHAM Ltd. 2002
- S. V. Patankar, Numerical Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow, Hemisphere Publishing Corp. 1980
- C. H. Lee and W. S. Park, Development of Francis Type Hydro Turbine for Low & Medium Head. Technical Report, 2004
- D. G. Shepherd, Principle of Turbomachinery, 4th edition, The Macmillan Co, pp.282-305, 1964
- Table Curve 2D Manual, V5.0, SPSS Science Co. 2002
- W. S. Janna, Introduction to Fluid Mechanics, 3rd edition, PWS Publishing Co, pp.512-535, 1993
- R. L. Thompson, Body Fitted Coordinate, John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 1991
- M. Potter and D. Wiggert, Mechanics of Fluids, Brooks/Cole, 3rd edition, p.1-60, 2002
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기