A Study on Hull Deflection and Shaft Alignment Interaction in VLCC
Modern ship hulls of large oil carriers and container carrers have become more flexible with scantling optimization and increase in ship length. On the other hand. as the demand for power has increased with the ship size. shaft diameters have become larger and stiffer. Consequently. the alignment of the propulsion system has become more sensitive to hull girder deflections. resulting in difficulties in analyzing the alignment and conducting the alignment procedure. Accordingly. the frequency of shaft alignment related bearing damages has increased significantly in recent years. The alignment related damages are mostly attributed to inadequate analyses. changes in the design of the vessel. shipyards' practices in conducting the alignment. and a lack of well defined analytical criteria. The hull deflections should be considered at the design stage to minimize the bearing damage caused by hull deflection. Hull deflections can be estimated by analytical approach and reverse calculation using the measured data. The hull girder deflection analysis using the reverse calculation will be introduced in this paper.
- Perry C.C. and Lissner, H.R., 'The Strain Gauge Primer, McGraw-Hill, Nwe York, 1962
- American Bureau of Shipping, 'Guidance Notes on Propulsion Shafting Alignment', 2004
- K.S. Kim, W.S. Jang, 'A Study on Shaft Alignment of the Rotating Machinery by U sing Strain Gages', Journal of the Korean Society of Precision Engineering Marine Technology, Vol. 18, No. 5, 2002
- Davor Sveko, 'Shaft Alignment Optimization with Genetic Algorithms', American Bureau of Shipping
- M. N. Keshava Rao and M.V. Dharaneepathy, 'Computer-Aided Alignment of Ship Propulsion Shafts by Strain Gage Methods', Marine Technology, Vol. 28, No. 2, pp. 84-90, 1991
- Holger Mumm, 'The Need for a More Considered Design Approach to Engine-Hull Interaction' Germanischer Lloyd
- Forrest, A.W. and Labasky, R.F., 'Shaft Alignment Using Strain Gages', Marine Technology, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 276-284, 1981
- Grant, R.B, 'Shaft Alignment Methods with Strain Gages and Load Cells', Marine Technology, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 8-15, 1980
- H. J. Jeon, 'Ship Propulsion Transmission Equipment' Taehwa Publishing Company, 1986
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- Sun, Jin-Suk ; Lee, Yong-Jin ; Kim, Ue-Kan 2009. "The Flexibility Estimation of Alignment for Propulsion Shaft System using the Approximated Hull Deflection Curve" 한국마린엔지니어링학회지 = Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineering, 33(1): 28~36
저자의 다른 논문
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기