In Vivo Anti-tumor Activity of 3-Methyl-6-allylthiopyridazine in Nude Mice Xenografted with Hep-G2 Hepatocarcinoma
Organosulfur compounds have been shown to exert an anti-cancer activity. In an attempt to develop novel chemopreventive and anti-cancer agents for liver cancer, we synthesized allylthiopyridazine derivatives. We have previously shown that allylthiopyridazine derivatives exert inhibitory effects on proliferation, invasion and migration of SK-Hep-1 hepatocarcinoma cells in vitro. The in vivo anti-tumor effect of 3-methvl-6-allylthiopy-ridazine, named as K6, was also reported. In this study, we further investigated the preclinical anti-cancer efficacy of K6 for hepatocarcinoma using nude mice xenografted with Hep-G2 hepatocellular carcinoma cells. K6(20-100 mg/kg, orally administered everyday for 30 days) markedly decreased the tumor volume of Hep-G2 cell-transplanted nude mice as evidenced by ultrasonographic and plethysmogranhic analyses. The inhibitory effect on tumor volume was lower than that exerted by doxorubicin (2 mg/kg), intravenously injected) which was used as a positive control. This study shows that K6 efficiently suppresses xenograft tumor growth, revealing K6 as apotential anti-cancer agent for suppressing in vivo progression of liver cancer. Given that hepatocarcinoma is among the most prevalent and lethal malignancies and there is no effective treatment to date, our study may contribute to the potential drug development for liver cancer.
- Bandoh, K., Ishizuka, Y. and Sato, M. (1995). Effects of 3-[N(2-Chlorobenzyl)amino]-6-(1H-imidazol-l-yl) pyridazine dihydrochloride on various aromatase enzyme systems and experimental breast cancer. Arzneim-Forsch.(Drug Res.) 45, 897-900.
- Chai, H.-Y., Sin, J. S., Kim, T. M., Kwon, W., Cho, Y. M., Choi, E.-K., Hwang, S.-Y., Kim, Y.-B., Moon, A., Kwon, S.-K. and Kang, J.-K. (2004). Antitumor activity of pyridazine derivative in nude mice. Kor. J Lab. Animal Sci. 20, 68-75
- Cho, M. K. and Kim, S. G. (1998). Differential induction of rat hepatic microsomal epoxide hydrolase and rGSTA2 by diazines: the role of cytochrome P450 2E I-mediated metabolic activation. Chem. Biol. Interact. 116, 229-245
- Clapper, M. L. (1998). Chemopreventive activity of oltipras. Pharma. Ther. 53, 17-27
- Elka, H. K., Vincent, E. L. O. and Fung, K. P. (2002). Circumvention of multidrug resistance and reduction of cardiotoxicity of doxorubicin in vivo by coupling it with low density lipoprotein. Lift Sci. 73, 677-687
- Goluboff, E. T., Shabsigh, A., Saidi, J. A., et al., (1999). Exisulind (sulindac sulfone) suppresses growth of human prostate cancer in a nude mouse xenograft model by increasing apoptosis. Urol. 53, 440-445
- Imahie, H., Adachi, T., Nagasaki, T., Yamamura, T. and Hori, M. (1995). Effects of adriamycin, anticancer drug showing testicular toxicity, on fertility in male rats. J Toxicol. Sci. 20, 183-193
- Jung, M. Y., Kwon, S. K. and Moon, A. (2001). Chemopreventive allylthiopyridazine derivatives induced apoptosis in SK-Hep-l hepatocarcinoma cells through a caspase-3-dependent mechanism. Eur. J Cancer 37, 2104-2110
- Kelland, L. R. (2004). Of mice and men: values and liabilities of the athymic nude mouse model in anticancer drug development. Eur. J Cancer 40, 827-836
- Kwon, S. K. and Hyun, J. W. (2000). Synthesis of allylthiopyridazine derivatives and their protective effects of UV-C irradiation. J Pharm. Soc. Kor. 44,9-15
- Kwon, S. K. (2000). Pyridazine derivatives developed as medicines. J Applied Pharmacol. 8, 1-12
- Kwon, S. K. (2003). Organosulfur compounds from Allium sativum and physiological activities. J Applied Pharmacol., 11, 8-32
- Labonte, P, Kadhim, S., Bowlin, T. and Mounir, S. (2000). Inhibition of tumor growth with doxorubicin in a new orthotopically impaired human hepatocellular carcinoma model. Hepatol. Res. 18, 72-85
- Langdon, S. P. and Hendricks (1994). Preclinical phase studies in human tumor xenografts. Eur. Multicenter Follow-up Study 5, 415-422
- Lee, E. J., Shin, I., Kwon, S. -K., Shin, H. -S. and Moon. A. (2003). Chemopreventive allylthiopyridazines inhibit invasion, migration and angiogenesis in hepatocarcinoma cells. Int. J. Oneal. 23, 1645-1650
- Rao, C. V., Rivenson, A., Simi, B., et al., (1995). Chemoprevention of colon carcinogensis by sulindac, a nonsteroidal anti-inflamantory agent. Cancer 55, 1464-1472
- Shin, H. S. and Kwon, S. K. (2003). Synthesis of allylthiopyridazine derivatives and inhibition of aflatoxin Bl-induced hepatoxicity in rats. Architecture Pharma. Res. 5, 351-357
- Williams, P. L., James, R. C. and Roberts, S. M. (2000). Principles of toxicology. John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 2, 209-217
- Yang, E. B., Tang, W. Y., Zhang, K., Cheng, L. Y, et al., (1997). Norcantharidin inhibits growth of human Hep-G2 cell-transplanted tumor in nude mice and prolongs host survival. Cancer Lett. 117. 93-98
- Bibby, M. C. (2004). Orthototic models of cancer for preclinical drug evaluation: advantages and disadvantages. Eur. J Cancer 40, 852-857
저자의 다른 논문
$\alpha$-Diethylaminoacetophenone의 시안화칼륨과 탄산암모늄과의 반응 메카니즘 연구(II)" 약학회지 = Yakhak hoeji 23 (3): 167~171
$\alpha$-Piperidinoacetophenone의 Hydantoin 형성 반응" 약학회지 = Yakhak hoeji 27 (3): 245~247
- 1987 "파라브로모훼나실아민계 화합물의 시안화칼륨과 탄산암모늄과의 반응" 대한화학회지 = Journal of the Korean Chemical Society 31 (1): 94~97
- 1993 "Synthesis of 5-Aslkylthio (or sulfonyl) methyl-5-m-methoxy-phenylhydantion-3-acetic Acid Derivatives" Archives of pharmacal research : a publication of the Pharmaceutical Society of Korea 16 (4): 322~326
- 1993 "Benzo(a)pyrene의 돌연변이원성에 대한 유기게르마늄(GE-132)의 항돌연변이 효과" 약학회지 = Yakhak hoeji 37 (1): 18~29
$(3aR^*,6aS^*)$-6a-Hydroxy-cyclopenta[b]pyrrole-3a-carboxylate의 부제합성 및 NMR 스텍트럼을 통한 입체구조의 결정" 약학회지 = Yakhak hoeji 38 (5): 544~554
- 1996 "비페닐디메칠디카르복실레이트의 결정다형" 藥劑學會誌 = Journal of Korean pharmaceutical sciences 26 (3): 193~199
- 1996 "의약품의 손대칭성과 생리 활성" The journal of applied pharmacology : the official journal of the Korean Society of Applied Pharmacology 4 (3): 209~223
- 1996 "Gabriel-Colman 자리옮김반응에 의한 Methoxybenzoylbenzisothiazine 유도체 합성" 대한화학회지 = Journal of the Korean Chemical Society 40 (10): 678~680
- 1996 "(-)-4-(파라클로로비페닐)-2-히드록시테트론 산의 합성" 약학회지 = Yakhak hoeji 40 (5): 539~544
- 1979 "
- NDSL :
- 한국학술정보 : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기