Real-coded Micro-Genetic Algorithm for Nonlinear Constrained Engineering Designs
The performance of optimisation methods, based on penalty functions, is highly problem- dependent and many methods require additional tuning of some variables. This additional tuning is the influences of penalty coefficient, which depend strongly on the degree of constraint violation. Moreover, Binary-coded Genetic Algorithm (BGA) meets certain difficulties when dealing with continuous and/or discrete search spaces with large dimensions. With the above reasons, Real-coded Micro-Genetic Algorithm (R $\mu$ GA) is proposed to find the global optimum of continuous and/or discrete nonlinear constrained engineering problems without handling any of penalty functions. R $\mu$ GA can help in avoiding the premature convergence and search for global solution-spaces, because of its wide spread applicability, global perspective and inherent parallelism. The proposed R $\mu$ GA approach has been demonstrated by solving three different engineering design problems. From the simulation results, it has been concluded that R $\mu$ GA is an effective global optimisation tool for solving continuous and/or discrete nonlinear constrained realworld optimisation problems.
- Davis, L. 1989. Adapting operator probabilities in genetic algorithms, Proc. 3rd International Conference on Genetic Algorithms. J. David Schaffer (Ed.), Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, 61-69
- Herrera, F., M. Lozano and J.L. Verdegay. 1998. Tackling real-coded genetic algorithms: operators and tools for behavioural analysis. Artificial Intelligence Review, 12, 4, 265-319
- Kim, Y., K Gotoh, KS. Kim and M. Toyosada. 2005. Optimum grillage structure design under a worst point load using real-coded micro-genetic algorithm. Proc. 15th International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference, Seoul, Korea, 730-736
- Kirkpatrick, S., C.D. Gelatt and M.P. Vecchi. 1983. Optimization by simulated annealing, science, 220, 4598, 671-680
- Sandgren, E. 1988. Nonlinear integer and discrete programming in mechanical design. Proc. ASME Design Technology Conference, Kissimee, FL, 95-105
- Wright, A.H. 1991. Genetic algorithms for real parameter optimisation. Foundations of Genetic Algorithms, First Workshop on the Foundations of Genetic Algorithms and Classifier Systems, 205-218
- Kim, Y., K Gotoh and M. Toyosada. 2004. Global cutting-path optimization considering the minimum heat effect with micro genetic algorithms. J. Marine Science and Technology, 9, 2, 70-79
- Ragsdell, K.M. and D.T. Phillips. 1976. Optimal Design of a Class of Welded Structures Using Geometric Programming. ASME: J. of Engineering for Industry, Ser. B, 98, 3, 1021-1025
- Choi, K. S. 1993. Introduction of Hanla 2000TEU open top container ship. J. of Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 30, 1, 6-12
- Deb, K. 1991. Optimal Design of a Welded Beam via Genetic Algorithms. AIAA Journal, 29, 11, 2013-2015
- Lloyd's Register of shipping; Rules and Regulations for the Classification of Ships. 2002. Part 3 and 4
- Michalewicz, Z. and C.Z. Janikow. 1991. Handling constraints in genetic algorithms, Proc. 4th International Conference on Genetic Algorithms, 151-157
- Kannan, B.K and S.N. Kramer. 1994. An augmented Lagrange multiplier based method for mixed integer discrete continuous optimization and its applications to mechanical design. J. Mechanical Design, 116, 2, 405-411
- Koziel, S. and Z. Michalewicz. 1999. Evolutionary algorithms, homomorphous mappings, and constrained parameter optimisation. Evolutionary Computation, 7, 1, 19-44
- Michalewicz, Z. 1994. Genetic Algorithms + Data Structures = Evolution Programs. extended edition, Springer-Verlag, Berlin
- Deb, K and Goyal, M. 1997. Optimizing engineering designs using a combined genetic search, In Thomas Back (Ed.). Proc. 7th International Conference on Genetic Algorithms, 521-528
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- 2006. "" 한국항해항만학회지 = Journal of navigation and port research, 30(2): 137~143
- NDSL :
- 한국학술정보 : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기