Association of SNP Marker in IGF-I and MYF5 Candidate Genes with Growth Traits in Korean Cattle
Growth rate is one of the economically important quantitative traits that affect carcass quantity in beef cattle. Two genes, bovine insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) and myogenic factor 5 (MYF5), were chosen as candidate genes for growth traits due to their important role in growth and development of mammals. The objectives of this study were to determine gene-specific single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) markers of the IGF-I and MYF5 positional candidate genes and to investigate their associations with growth traits in Korean cattle. Genotyping of the SNP markers in these candidate genes was carried out using the single strand conformation polymorphism (SSCP) analysis. The frequencies of A and B alleles were 0.72 and 0.28 for IGF-I gene and 0.39 and 0.61 for MYF5 gene, respectively, in Korean cattle population examined. The gene-specific SNP marker association analysis indicated that the SNP genotype in IGF-I gene showed a significant association (p
- Braun, T., E. Bober, M. A. Rudnicki, R. Jaenisch and H. H. Arnold. 1994. MyoD expression marks the onset of skeletal myogenesis in Myf-5 mutant mice. Development 120:3083-3092.
- Drogemuller, C. and A. Kempers. 2000. A TaqI PCR-RFLP at the bovine myogenic factor (MYF5) gene. Anim. Genet. 31:140-157.
- Gerbens, F., D. J. de koning, F. L. Harders, T. H. E. Meuwissen, L. L. G. Janss, M. A. M. Groenen, J. H. Veerkamp, J. A. M. Van Arendonk and M. F. W. te Pas. 2000. The effect of adipocyte and heart fatty acid-binding protein genes on intramuscular fat and backfat content in Meishan crossbred pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 78:552-559.
- Grosse, W. M., M. Kappes, W. W. Laegreid, J. W. Keele, C. G. Chitko-Mckown and M. P. Heaton. 1999. Single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) discovery and linkage mapping of bovine cytokine genes. Mamm. Genome 10:1062-1069.
- Hanset, R., C. Micheaux, C. Dessy-Doize and G. Burtonboy. 1982. Studies on the 7th rib cut in double-muscled and conventional cattle. Anatomical historical and biochemical aspects. In: Muscle hypertrophy of genetic origin and its use to improve beef production (Ed. J. W. B. King and F. Menissier). The Hague, Marinus Nijhoff. pp. 341-349.
- Jiang, Y. L., X. Z. Fan, L. R. Xiao, R. L. Xiang, X. X. Hu, L. X. Du and C. X. Wu. 2002b. Association of T-A mutation in the promoter region of myostatin gene with birth weight in Yorkshire pigs. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 15:1543-1545.
- Li, C., J. Basarab, W. M. Snelling, B. Benkel, B. Murdoch and S. S. Moore. 2002b. The identification of common haplotypes on bovine chromosome 5 within commercial lines of Bos taurus and their associations with growth traits. J. Anim. Sci. 80:1187-1194.
- Li, C., J. Basarab, W. M. Snelling, B. Benkel, B. Murdoch, C. Hansen and S. S. Moore 2004. Assessment of positional candidate genes MYF5 and igf1 for growth on bovine chromosome 5 in commercial of Bos taurus. J. Anim. Sci. 82:1-7.
- Miller, S. A., D. D. Dykes and H. F. Polesky. 1988. A simple salting out procedure for extracting DNA from human nucleated cells. Nucleic Acids Res. 16:1215.
- Moody, D. E., D. Pomp, S. Newman and M. D. MacNeil. 1996. Characterization of DNA polymorphisms in three populations of Hereford cattle and their associations with growth and maternal EPD in line 1 Herefords. J. Anim. Sci. 74:1784-1793.
- Ge, W., M. E. Davis, H. C. Hines, K. M. Irvin and R. C. M. Simmen. 2001. Association of a genetic marker with blood serum insulin-like growth factor-I concentration and growth traits in Angus cattle. J. Anim. Sci. 79:1757-1762.
Jiang, Y. L., X. Z. Fan, Z. X. Lu, H. Tang, J. Q. Xu and L. X. Du. 2002a. Detection of 881A
$\longrightarrow$881G mutation in tyrosinase gene and associations with the black ear coat color in rabbits. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 15:1395-1397.
- Kim, J. B. and C. Lee. 2000. Historical look at the genetic improvement in Korean cattle. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 13:1467-1481.
- Kirkpatrick, B. W. 1992. Identification of a conserved microsatellite site in the porcine and bovine insulin-like growth factor-I gene 5？ flank. Anim. Genet. 23:543-548.
- Rothschild, M. F. and M. Soller. 1997. Candidate gene analysis to detect traits of economic importance in domestic livestock. Probe 8:13-22.
- Hughes, S. M and S. Schiaffino. 1999. Control of muscle fibre size: a crucial factor in ageing. Acta Physiologica Scandinavica 167:307-312.
- Te Pas, M. F. W., F. L. Harders, A. Soumillion, L. Born, W. Buist and T. H. E. Meuwissen. 1999. Genetic variation at the porcine MYF-5 gene locus. Lack of association with meat production traits. Mamm. Genome 10:123-127.
- Ge, W., M. E. Davis and H. C. Hines. 1997. Two SSCP alleles identified in the 5′-flanking region of the bovine IGFI gene. Anim. Genet. 28:155-156.
- Handel, S. E. and N. C. Stickland. 1988. Catch-up growth in pigs: relationship with muscle cellularity. Anim. Prod. 46:291-295.
- Li, C., J. Basarab, W. M. Snelling, B. Benkel, B. Murdoch, J. Kneeland, C. Hansen and S. S. Moore. 2000a. Identical by descent haplotype sharing analysis: Application in fine mapping of QTLs for birth weight in commercial lines of Bos taurus. Proc. 7th World Congr. Genet. Appl. Livest. Prod. pp. 481-484.
- Soumillion, A., J. H. Erkens, J. A. Lenstra, G. Rottenberger and M. F. te Pas. 1997. Genetic variation in the porcine myogenin gene locus. Mamm. Genome 8:564-568.
- Werner, H., M. Adamo, C. T. Roberts and D. LeRoith. 1994. Molecular and cellular aspects of insulin-like growth factor action. Vitam. Horm. 48:1-58.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (6)
- 2007. "" Asian-Australasian journal of animal sciences, 20(6): 817~820
- 2007. "" Asian-Australasian journal of animal sciences, 20(2): 172~177
- 2007. "" Asian-Australasian journal of animal sciences, 20(11): 1662~1669
- 2007. "" Asian-Australasian journal of animal sciences, 20(1): 1~6
- 2008. "" Asian-Australasian journal of animal sciences, 21(12): 1703~1709
- 2008. "" Asian-Australasian journal of animal sciences, 21(8): 1073~1079
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기