Preliminary Study of Population Size and Habitat Characteristics for Amur Goral in the DMZ of Gangwon Province in South Korea
This study was conducted to estimate population size and investigate habitat characteristics for the conservation and management of Amur goral Nemorhaedus caudatus raddeanus in DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) of Gangwon Province in South Korea from November 2003 to May 2004. The Amur gorals counting were carried out by assistance of military soldiers who guards the southern boundary of DMZ. Four hundred sixty individuals were estimated as total population size in DMZ of Gangwon Province. Deciduous forest, rocky area and coniferous forest were dominant land cover types in habitat of Amur goral. DMZ and its vicinity of Gangwon Province are very important areas for the conservation of this species. It is needed to establish management plan for the conservation of Amur goral and their habitats in DMZ.
- John, K.H., Youn, Y.C. and Shin, J.H. 2003. Resolving conflicting ecological and economic interests in the Korean DMZ: a valuation based approach. Ecological Economics 46: 173-179
- Kim, K.S., Min, M.S., An, J.H. and Lee, H. 2004. Cross-species amplification of bovidae microsatellites and low diversity of the endangered Korean goral. Journal of Heredity 95: 521-525
- Korea Forest Research Institute. 2000. Integrated report of forest ecosystem in the DMZ and its vicinity 1995-2000. Korea Forest Service. Seoul. pp. 625
- Yoo, B.H. 2000. Greenish wildlife. Dareunsesang Publishing Co. Ltd. Seoul. pp. 244
- Shin, J.H., Lim, J.H., Chun, J.H., Yang, H.M. and Park, P. 2004. Ecological conservation strategies of DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) ecosystem in Korea. Proceedings of the International Workshop on Biodiversity Conservation of Forest Ecosystem in North-East Asia. pp. 416
- Sheng, H., Ohtaishi, N. and Lu. H. 1999. The mammalian of China. China Forestry Publishing House. Beijing. pp. 297
- Cultural Heritage Administration. 1999. Report for distribution and ecology of Korean Natural Monuments, Amur goral and musk deer. Cultural Heritage Administration. Daejeon. pp. 191
- Gangwon Province. 2004. Population census and ecological study of Amur goral in DMZ of Gangwon Province. Gangwon Province. Chuncheon. pp. 108
- IUCN. 1996. IUCN red list of threatened animals. IUCN. Gland
- Nowak, R.M. 1999. Walker's mammals of the World. (6th edition) Vol. II. The John Hopkins University Press. Baltimore. pp. 837-1936
- Won, P.H. 1992. Natural monuments (Animals). Daewon Publishing Co. Seoul. 319 pp
- Lee, C.S., Lee, A.N., Rhim, S.J., Lee, W.S., Lim, J.H., Lee, B.C. and Shin, J.H. 2004. Landscape ecological characteristics of DMZ and CCZ as a background for high biodiversity. Proceedings of the International Workshop on Biodiversity Conservation of Forest Ecosystem in North-East Asia. pp. 59-73
- Rhim, S.J. and Lee, W.S. 2004. Ecology, management and conservation of Amur goral in DMZ of South Korea. Proceedings of the International Workshop on Biodiversity Conservation of Forest Ecosystem in North-East Asia. pp. 131-136
- Lee, W.S., Rhim, S.J., Hur, W.H., Choi, C.Y., Choi, S.Y., Park, Y.S. and Lee, C.B. 2003. Wintering ecology and habitat management of cranes near the Demilitarized Zone, Cheolwon, South Korea. Proceeding of Workshop of Environmental and Ecological Analysis and Assessment of DMZ. pp. 101-110
- Lee, WS. and Rhim, S.J. 2002. Changes in distribution of Amur goral (Nemorhaedus caudatus) in South Korea. Acta Theriologica Sinica 22: 225-227
- Myslenkov A.I. and Voloshina, I.V. 1989. Ecology and behavior of Nemorhaedus caudatus raddensis (Mammalia). Moscow, pp. 126
- Ochiai, K., Nakama, S., Hanawa, S. and Amagasa, T. 1993. Population dynamics of Japanese serow in relation to social organization and habitat conditions. II. effects of clear-cutting and planted tree growth on Japanese serow populations. Ecological Research 8: 19-25
- Shackleton, D.M. 1997. Status survey and conservation action plan for caprinae: wild sheep and goats and their relatives. IUCN/SSC Caprinae Specialist Group, IUCN. Oxford. pp. 390
- Yang, B.G. 2002. Systematics, ecology and current population status of the goral, Nemorhaedus caudatus, in Korea. PhD thesis of Graduate School, Chungbuk National University. pp. 137
저자의 다른 논문
- 2005 "Differences in Density and Body Condition of Small Rodent Populations on Different Distance from Road" 韓國林學會誌 = Journal of Korean Forest Society 94 (2): 108~111
- 2005 "Differences in Field Sign Abundance of Mammal Species Around the Roads in Baekdudaegan Mountains" 韓國林學會誌 = Journal of Korean Forest Society 94 (2): 112~116
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기