Association of Candidate Genes with Production Traits in Korean Dairy Proven and Young Bulls
This study was performed to offer effective basic data for selection and improvement of Korean dairy cattle through identifying distributional properties among candidate genes (bovine butyrophilin, signal transducers and activators of transcription 5a, and prolactin hormone). In this study, polymorphisms of candidate genes were identified and the relationships between loci and production traits of each gene were analyzed using frozen semen of Holstein bulls (19 proven and 77 candidates). In butyrophilin (BTN) locus, polymorphisms information contents (PIC) value of BTN2 (0.372) was higher than those of others (BTN1; 0.155, BTN3; 0.254, BTN4; 0.169). As a result of analysis of genotyping STAT5a, using single stranded conformational polymorphism (SSCP) method and microsatellite locus, PIC values were 0.189 and 0.457, respectively. And PIC value of prolactin hormone gene was 0.176. In the relationships between genotypes and production traits, BTN3 was associated with 305-day production traits (p
- Banghart, L. R., C. W. Chamberlain, J. Velarde, I. V. Korobsko, S. L. Ogg, L. J. W. Jack, V. N. Vakharia and I. H. Mather. 1998 Butyrophilin is expressed in mammary epithelial cells from a single-size messenger RNA as a typeⅠ membrane glycoprotein. J. Bio. Chem. 273:4171-4179
- Botstein, D., R. L. White, M. Skolnick and R. W. Davis. 1980. Construction of genetic linkage map in using restriction fragment length polymorphisms. Am. J. Hum. Genet. 32:314-331
Lee, K. J., J. U. Kim, Y. K. Lee, K. P. Hong and K. S. Kim. 1995b. Studies on the analysis of
$\kappa$-casein and $\beta$-lactoglobulin genotypes of dairy cattle in Korea using the polymerase chain reaction. Kor. J. Anim. Sci. 37:311-320.
- Rothschild, M. F. and M. Soller. 1997. Candidate gene analysis to detect traits of economic importance in domestic livestock. Probe. 8:13-20
- Stocklin, E., M. Wissler, F. Gouilleux and B. Groner. 1996. Functional interactions between STAT5a and the glucocorticoid receptor. Nature 383:726-728
- Ogg, S. L., M. V. S. Komaragiri and I. H. Mather. 1996. Structural organization and mammary-specific expression of the butyrophilin gene. Mamm. Genome. 7:900-905
- McCracken, J. Y., A. J. Molenaar, R. J. Snell, H. W. Davey and R. J. Wilkins. 1997. A polymorphic TG repeat present within the bovine STAT5a gene. Anim. Genet. 28:459-460
- Seyfert, H. M. and F. Leuthen. 1998. The structure of the bovine butyrophilin-encoding gene differs grossly from mouse concerning promoter localization and exon organization of the 5’-untranslated region. Proc. 6th World Con. on Gen. Appl. Livestock Prod. 25:19-23
- Ashwell, M. S., S. L. Ogg and I. H. Mather. 1996. The bovine butyrophilin gene maps to chromosome 23. Anim. Genet. 27:171-173
- Takeda, K. and S. Akira. 2000. STAT family of transcription factors in cytokine-mediated biological responses. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 11:199-207
- Liu, X., G. W. Robinson, K-U. Wagner, L. Garrett, A. Wynshaw- Boris and L. Henninghausen. 1997. STAT5a is mandatory for adult mammary gland development and lactogenesis. Genes and Development 11:179-186
- Mather, I. H. and L. J. W. Jack. 1993. A review of the molecular and cellular biology of butyriphilin the major proteins of bovine milk fat globule membrane. J. Dairy Sci. 76:3832-3850
- Chang, K. W., K. H. Cho, K. H. Lee, K. J. Lee and J. K. Oh. 2001. Polymorphisms of butyrophilin loci and association with milk production traits of Holstein dairy cattle. Proceedings of Annual Congress. Korean Society of Anim. Sci. Technol. p. 76
- Lee, K. H., K. W. Chang, K. H. Cho and K. J. Lee. 2002. Genetic polymorphisms of BTN and STAT5a genes in Korean proven and young bulls. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 15:938-943
- Chung, E. R., T. J. Rhim and S. K. Han. 1996. Association between PCR-RFLP markers of growth hormone and prolactin genes and production traits in dairy cattle. Kor. J. Anim. Sci. 38:321-336
- Davey, H. W., S. L. Ogg, Y. Husaini, R. G. Snell, I. V. Korobko, I. H. Mather and R. J. Wilkins. 1999. Structure and sequence of the bovine butyrophilin gene. Gene. 199:57-62
Lee, K. J., J. U. Kim, Y. K. Lee, M. S. Kang and S. H. Kang. 1995a. Studies on the segregation of
$\kappa$-casein and $\beta$-lactoglobulin genotypes in two families of dairy cows. Kor. J. Anim. Sci. 37:225-231.
- Taylor, C., M. Everest and C. Smith. 1996. Restriction fragments length polymorphism in amplification products of the bovine butyrophilin gene: assignment of bovine butyrophilin to bovine chromosome 23. Anim. Genet. 27:183-185
- National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI). http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기