Effect of Level of Crude Protein and Use of Cottonseed Meal in Diets Containing Cassava Chips and Rice Straw for Lactating Dairy Cows
The effects of different levels of crude protein (CP) and cottonseed meal replacing for soybean meal in cassava chips and rice straw-based diets for mid-lactating cows (100-150 day in milk [DIM]), were studied using 32 multiparous Holstein Fresian crossbred dairy cows. Diets containing 10.5, 12.5, 13.7, 14.4% CP of the rations and 0, 12.1, 14.9, 17.8% cottonseed meal were fed to cows for 60 days. Thirty two cows were randomly divided into four dietary treatments using a Randomized complete block design. Four dietary treatments were offered in the form of total mixed ration (TMR) with concentrate to roughage (chopped rice straw) at 60:40 and offered ad libitum. Dry matter (DM) and neutral detergent fiber (NDF) intakes tended to linearly increase with increasing dietary CP levels. Intakes and digestibility of crude protein increased linearly with increasing dietary CP level (p $NH_3$ -N) and bloodurea N (BUN) were closely correlated and increased linearly with increasing CP levels (p
- Chanjula, P., M. Wanapat, C. Wachirapakorn and P. Rowlinson. 2004. Effects of various levels of cassava hay on rumen ecology and digestibility in swamp buffaloes. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 17:663-669.
- Christensen, R. A., M. R. Cameron, T. H. Klusmeyer, J. P. Elliott, J. H. Clark, D. R. Nelson and Y. Yu. 1993. Influence of amount and degradability of dietary protein on nitrogen utilization by dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci. 76:3497-513.
- Erdman, R. A., J. H. Vandersall, E. Russek-Cohen and G. Switalski. 1987. Simultaneous measures of rates of ruminal digestion and passage of feeds for prediction of ruminal nitrogen and dry matter digestion in lactating dairy cows. J. Anim. Sci. 64:565-577.
- Hong, N. T. T., M. Wanapat, C. Wachirapakorn, P. Pakdee and P. Rowlinson. 2003. Effects of timing of initial cutting and subsequent cutting on yields and chemical compositions of cassava hay and its supplementation on lactating dairy cows. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 16:1763-1769.
- Mepham, T. B. 1982. Amino acid utilization by lactating mammary gland. J. Dairy Sci. 65:287-298.
- Mertents, D. R. 1997. Creating a system for meeting the fiber requirements of dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci. 80:1463-1481.
- National Research Council. 1988. Nutrient requirements of dairy cattle. National Academy Press, Washington, DC.
- National Research Council. 1989. Nutrient requirements of dairy cattle. 6th Rev. ed. National Academy Press, Washington, DC.
- Roseler, D. K., J. D. Ferguson, C. J. Sniffen and J. Herrema. 1993. Dietary protein degradability effects on plasma and milk urea nitrogen and milk non-protein in holstein cows. J. Dairy. Sci. 76:525-534.
- Sampaio, A. A. M., de F. P. Vieira, de R. M. Brito, de F. P. Vieira and de R. M. Brito. 2000. Total and partial digestion of nutrients in bovines fed diets with dry yeast, urea or cottonseed meal. Revista Brasileira de Zootecnia 29:589-597.
- Singh, M., D. P. Tiwari, A. Kumar and M. R. Kumar. 2003. Effect of feeding transgenic cottonseed vis-a-vis non-transgenic cottonseed on haematobiochemical constituents in lactating Murrah buffaloes. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 16:1732-1737.
- Wanapat, M. 1994. Supplementation of straw-based diets for ruminants in Thailand. In: Proceedings of Sustainable Animal Production and the Environment. The 7th AAAP Animal Science Congress, Bali, Indonesia. pp. 25-38.
- Wanapat, M. 2003. Manipulation of Cassava Cultivation and Utilization to Improve Protein to Energy Biomass for Livestock Feeding in the Tropics. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 16: 463-472.
- Wanapat, M., K. Sommart and K. Saardrak. 1996. Cottonseed meal supplementation of dairy cattle fed rice straw. Livestock Research for Rural Development. 8:23-26.
- Kalscheur, K. F., J. H. Vandersall, R. A. Erdman, R. A. Kohn and E.Russek-Cohen. 1999. Effects of dietary crude protein concentration and degradability on milk production responses of early, mid and late lactation diary cows. J. Dairy Sci. 82:545-554.
- Leng, R. A. and T. R. Preston. 1983. Nutritional stratergies for the utilization and technologies to the small farmer in Asia. Proceeding of Vth World Conference on Animal Production 1:310-318
- Wanapat, M. and A. Petlum. 20001. Feeding cassava chip-based ration to lactating dairy cows. In: Proceeding of International workshop current research and development on use of cassava as animal feed. Organized and sponsored by Khon Kaen University,Thailand and Swedish International Development Agency Swedish Agency for research cooperation with developing countries. pp. 77-79.
- Van Keulen, J. and B. A. Young. 1977. Evalution of acid insoluble ash as natural marker in ruminant digestibility studies. J. Anim. Sci. 44:282-290.
- Wanapat, M. and C. Devendra. 1992. Feeding and nutrition of dairy cattle and buffaloes in Asia. Sustainable Animal Production. In: Proceedings 6th AAAP Animal Science Congress, Bangkok, Thailand. pp. 177-194.
- AOAC. 1990. Official Methods of Analysis. 15th edn. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Virginia.
- Goering, H. K. and P. J. Van Soest. 1970. Forage Fiber Analysis (Apparatus, Reagent, Procedures and Some Application): Agric. Handbook No. 379. ARS, USDA, Washington, DC.
- SAS Institute. Inc. 1989. SAS/STAT User’s Guide: Version 6. 4th edn. SAS Institute Inc., Cary, North Carolina.
- Baker, L. D., J. D. Ferguson and W. Chalupa. 1995. Responses in urea and true protein of milk to different protein feeding schemes for dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci. 78:2424-2434.
- Allen, M. S. 2000. Effects of diet on short-term regulation of feed intake by lactating dairy cattle. J. Dairy Sci. 83:1598-1624.
- Klusmeyer, T. H., R. D. Jr McCarthy, J. H. Clark and D. R. Nelson. 1990. Effects of source and amount of protein on ruminal fermentation and passage of nutrients to the small intestine of lactating cows. J. Dairy Sci. 73:3526-37.
- Cunha, J. A. da, L. Melotti, de s, C. Lucci, da J.A. Cunha, de s and C. Lucci. 1998. Dry matter and protein dgradabilities of whole cottonseed and cottonseed meal though nylon bags in situ technique with steers. Brazilian J. of Vet. Res. Anim. Sci. 35:96-100.
- Gustafsson, A. H. and D. L. Palmquist. 1993. Diurnal variation of rumen ammonia, serum urea, and milk urea in dairy cows at high and low yields. J. Dairy Sci. 76:475-484.
- Moore, J. E., J. G. P. Bowman and W. E. Kunkle. 1995. Effects of dry and liquid supplements on forage utilization by cattle. In: Proceedings, AFIA Liquid Feed Symposium, AFIA, Arlington, VA. pp. 81-95.
- Sathapanasiri, K., T. Vearasilp and C. Vjarabukka. 1990. Digestibility of starch of cassava, whole rice meal and broken rice in whole gastrointestinal tract of dairy cattle. Kaset J. 6:265-280.
- Ruiz, T. M., E. Bernal, C. R. Staples, L. E. Sollenberger and R. N. Gallaher. 1995. Effect of dietary neutral detergent fiber concentration and forage source on performance of lactating cows. J. Dairy Sci. 78:305-19.
- Hammond, A. C. 1983. Effect of dietary protein level, ruminal protein solubility and time after feeding on plasma urea nitrogen and the relationship of plasma urea nitrogen to other ruminal and plasma parameters. J. Anim. Sci. 57 (Suppl. 1):435 (Abstr).
- Kearl, L. 1982. Nutrient Requirements of Ruminant in Developing Countries. Utah State Univ. Logam, USA.
- Kiyothong, K. and M. Wanapat. 2004b. Supplementation of Cassava Hay and Stylo 184 Hay to Replace Concentrate for Lactating Dairy Cows. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 17:670-677.
- Sommart, K., M. Wanapat, P. Rowlinson, D. S. Parker, P. Climee and S. Panishying. 2000. The use of cassava chips as an energy source for lactating dairy cows fed with rice straw. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 13:1094-1101.
- Blackwelder, J. T., B. A. Hopkins, D. E. Diaz, L. W. Whitlow and C. Brownie. 1998. Milk production and plasma gossypol of cows fed cottonseed and oilseed meals with or without rumenundegradable protein. J. Dairy Sci. 81:2934-2941.
- Pimpa, O., K. Sommart and M. Wanapat. 2000. Effect of replacement of ground corn by cassava chip in diets of lactating dairy cows fed ruzi grass silage. KKU. Vet. J. 10:35-44.
- Briceno, J. V., H. H. Van Horn, B. Jr. Harris and C. J. Wilcox. 1987. Effects of neutral detergent fiber and roughage source on dry matter intake and milk yield and composition of dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci. 70:298-308.
- Christensen, R. A., M. R. Cameron, J. H. Clark, J. K. Drackley, J. M. Lynch and D. M. Barbano. 1994. Effects of amount of protein and ruminally protected amino acids in the diet of dairy cows fed supplemental fat. J. Dairy Sci. 77:1618-29.
- Roffler, R. E., J. E. Wray and L. D. Satter. 1986. Production responses in early lactation to additions of soybean meal to diets containing predominantly corn silage. J. Dairy Sci. 69:1055-1062.
- Preston, R. L., D. D. Schnakenberg and W. H. Pfander. 1965. Protein utilization in ruminants I. Blood urea nitrogen as affected by protein intake. J. Nutr. 86:281-288.
- Merck. 1991. Nutrition Cattle. In: The Merck Veterinary Manual, 7th Ed. (Ed. C. M. Fraser). Merck, Rahway, USA. pp. 1171-1200.
- Beecher, G. R. and B. K. Whitton. 1978. Ammonia determination: Modification and interfering compounds. Anal. Biochem. 36:243-246.
- Kiyothong, K. and M. Wanapat. 2004a. Growth, Hay Yield and Chemical Composition of Cassava and Stylo 184 Grown under Intercropping. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 17:799-807.
- Godden, S. M., K. D. Lissemore, D. F. Kelton, K. E. Leslie, J. S. Walton and J. K. Lumsden. 2001. Relationships between milk urea concentrations and nutritional management, production, and economic variables in ontario dairy herds. J. Dairy Sci. 84:128-1139.
- Grings, E. E., R. E. Roffler and D. P. Deitelhoff. 1991. Response of dairy cows in early lactation to addition of cottonseed meal in alfalfa-based diets. J. Dairy Sci. 74:2580-2587.
- Abeni, F., L. Calamari, L. Stefanini and G. Pirlo. 2000. Effects of daily gain in pre- and postpubertal replacement dairy heifers on body condition score, body size, metabolic profile and future milk production. J. Dairy Sci. 83:1468-1478.
- Hwang, S. Y., L. Mei-Ju and W. C. Peter. 2000. Monitoring nutritional status of dairy cows in taiwan using milk protein and milk urea nitrogen. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 13:1667-1673.
- Kanjanapruthipong, J. and N. Buatong. 2004. Effects of replacing nonfiber carbohydrates with nonforage detergent fiber from cassava residues on performance of dairy cows in the tropics. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 17:967-972.
- Oldham, J. D. 1984. Protein-energy interrelationships in dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci. 67:1090-1114.
- Paengkoum, P. 1998. Effects of dietary carbohydrate and/or bypass protein on voluntary feed intake, digestibility and ruminal fermentation in dairy cattle fed rice straw and urea-treaed rice straw as roughages. M.S. Thesis, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen, Thailand.
- Mehrez, A. Z., E. R. Orskov and I. McDonald. 1977. Rate of Rumen fermentation in relation to ammonia concentration. Br. J. Nutr. 38:437-443.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (5)
- 2007. "" Asian-Australasian journal of animal sciences, 20(1): 75~81
- 2008. "" Asian-Australasian journal of animal sciences, 21(1): 42~50
- 2008. "" Asian-Australasian journal of animal sciences, 21(3): 392~403
- 2009. "" Asian-Australasian journal of animal sciences, 22(10): 1366~1376
- 2012. "" Asian-Australasian journal of animal sciences, 25(8): 1124~1131
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기