Influence of Berseem and Lucerne Silages on Feed Intake, Nutrient Digestibility and Milk Yield in Lactating Nili Buffaloes
This study was conducted to evaluate feeding value of berseem and lucerne silage as a replacement for conventional fodder (berseem fodder) in lactating Nili buffaloes. Fifteen early lactating multi-parous Nili buffaloes, five buffaloes in each group were allotted three experimental diets. Berseem and lucerne fodders were ensiled at 30% DM (wheat straw was used to adjust the DM of fodders) with molasses (at the rate of 2% of fodder DM) in two bunker silos for 30 days. The diets contained 75% DM from berseem fodder (BF), 75% DM from berseem silage (BS) and 75% DM from lucerne silage (LS). Each diet contained 25% concentrate DM. Diets were mixed daily and fed twice a day at ad libitum intakes. Dry matter intake (DMI) was significantly higher (13.8 kg/d) in buffaloes fed BF diet than those fed LS (12.5 kg/d) and BS (11.9 kg/day) diets. The differences in digestible DMI and DMI as percent body weight were significant between fodder and silage based diets but non-significant when BS and LS were compared. Lower DMI with silage-based diets was probably because of low silage pH. Intake of NDF (NDFI) was higher (5.68 kg/d) in buffaloes fed BF diet followed by those fed LS (5.50 kg/d) and BS (5.00 kg/d) diets. The difference was significant (p
- Khan, M. A., M. Sarwar, M. Nisa and M. S. Khan. 2004. Feeding value of urea treated corncobs ensiled with or with out enzose (corn dextrose) for lactating crossbred cows. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 17(8):1093.
- Khorasani, G. R., E. K. Okine, J. J. Kennelly and J. H. Helm. 1993. Effect of whole crop cereal grain silage substituted for alfalfa silage on performance of lactating dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci. 76:3536.
- Ruiz, T. M., W. K. Sanchez, C. R. Straples and L. E. Sollenberger. 1992. Comparison of 'Mott' dwarf elephant grass silage and corn silage for lactating dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci. 75:533.
- Torotich, M. J. 1992. Minimizing the loss of ammonia during urea treatment of wheat straw for growing calves. M.Sc. Thesis, Haryana Agriculture University, Hissar, India.
- Sutton, J. D. 1989. Altering milk composition by feeding. J. Dairy Sci. 72:2801.
- Fransen, S. C. and F. J. Strubi. 1998. Relationships among absorbents on the reduction of grass silage effluent and silage quality. J. Dairy Sci. 81:2623.
- Sarwar, M., M. A. Khan and M. Nisa. 2004. Influence of ruminally protected fat and urea treated corncobs on nutrient intake, digestibility, milk yield and its composition in Nili-Ravi buffaloes. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 17(1):86.
- Jeon, B. T., S. H. Moon, S. M. Lee, K. H. Kim and R. H. Hudson. 2003. Voluntary intake, digestibility and nitrogen balance in spotted Deer (Cervus nippon) fed forest by-product silage, Oak leaf hay and commercial mixed ration. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 16(5):702.
- Sarwar, M. and Z. U. Hasan. 2001. Nutrient Metabolism in Ruminants. Friends Science Publishers, 399-B, Peoples colony # 1, Faisalabad, Pakistan. ISBN 969-8490-03-5.
- Van Keulen, J. and B. A. Young. 1977. Evaluation of acid insoluble ash as a natural marker in ruminant digestibility studies. J. Anim. Sci. 44:282.
- AOAC. 1990. Official Methods of Analysis (15th Ed.). Association of Official Analytical Chemists. Arlington, Virginia, USA.
- Higginbotham, G. E., S. C. Mullar, K. K. Bolsen and E. J. Depeters. 1998. Effects of inoculants containing propionic acid bacteria on fermentation and aerobic stability of corn silage. J. Dairy Sci. 81:2185.
- Sarwar, M., J. L. Firkins and M. Eastridge. 1991. Effect of replacing neutral detergent fiber of forage with soy hulls and corn gluten feed for dairy heifers. J. Dairy Sci. 74:1006.
- Sarwar, M., M. A. Khan and M. Nisa. 2003b. Nitrogen retention and chemical composition of urea treated wheat straw ensiled with organic acids or fermentable carbohydrates. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 16(11):1583.
- Steel, R. G. D. and J. H. Torrie. 1984. Principles and Procedures of Statistics. A Biometrical Approach. (2nd Ed.) McGraw Hill Book Co. Inc., New York, USA.
- Baker, S. B. and W. H. Summerson. 1961. The calorimetric determination of lactic acid in biological material. J. Biol. Chem. 138:535.
- Sarwar, M., A. Sohaib, M. A. Khan and Mahr-un-Nisa. 2003a. Effect of feeding saturated fat on milk production and composition in crossbred dairy cows. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 16(2):204.
- Van Soest, P. J., H. B. Robertson and B. A. Lewis. 1991. Method of dietary fiber and non-starch polysaccharides in relation to animal material. J. Dairy Sci. 74:3583.
- Bolsen, K. K., G. Ashbell and Z. Weinberg. 1996. Silage fermentation and silage additives-Review, Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 9:483.
- Chamberlain, D. G. and S. Roberston. 1992. The effects of the addition of various enzyme mixtures on the fermentation of perennial rye grass silage and on its nutritional value for milk production in dairy cows. Anim. Feed Sci. Technol. 37:257.
- Nisa, M., M. Sarwar and M. A. Khan. 2004. Nutritive value of urea treated wheat straw ensiled with or without corn steep liquor for lactating Nili-ravi buffaloes. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 17(6):825.
- Yahaya, M. S., M. Goto, W. Yimiti, B. Smerjai and Y. Kawamoto. 2004. Evaluation of fermentation quality of a tropical and temperate forage crops ensiled with additives of fermented juice epiphytic lactic acid bacteria (FJLB). Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 17(7):942.
- NRC. 2001. Nutrient requirements of dairy cattle. 7th revised edition. National Academy Press, Washington, DC.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (5)
- 2007. "" Asian-Australasian journal of animal sciences, 20(4): 523~528
- 2007. "" Asian-Australasian journal of animal sciences, 20(6): 887~893
- 2007. "" Asian-Australasian journal of animal sciences, 20(3): 373~377
- 2007. "" Asian-Australasian journal of animal sciences, 20(3): 393~398
- 2009. "" Asian-Australasian journal of animal sciences, 22(7): 1060~1068
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기