Effect of Replacing Soybean Meal with Soya Waste and Fish Meal with Ensiled Shrimp Waste on the Performance of Growing Crossbred Ducks
Two experiments were conducted with growing crossbred Super-Meat ducks at the experimental duck farm of Cantho University to evaluate the effects of reducing the proportion of soybean meal (SBM) in a broken rice (BR)-SBM mixture and providing soya waste (SW) ad libitum (Expt. 1), and reducing the proportion of fish meal (FM) in a BR-FM mixture and supplying ensiled shrimp waste (ESW) ad libitum (Expt.2). Both experiments included five treatments, with three replicates and ten growing ducks per replicate. In Expt.1, the five diets were based on BR and five levels of SBM, with SW offered ad libitum. The control diet (SBM25) consisted of 75% BR and 25% SBM, and the other four treatments included SBM levels of 20% (SBM20), 14% (SBM14), 8% (SBM8) and 0% (SBM0) mixed with BR to 100%, and with SW ad libitum. In Expt. 2, the control diet consisted of 86% BR and 14% FM, and the other dietary treatments had FM levels of 11% (FM11), 8% (FM8), 4% (FM4) and 0% (FM0) mixed with BR, and with ESW ad libitum. In Expt. 1, total intakes of dry matter (DM), neutral detergent fiber (NDF), acid detergent fiber (ADF) and metabolizable energy (ME) were higher for birds given SW (p
- Dean, W. F. 1985. Nutrient requirements of meat-type ducks. Duck Production Science and World Practice (Ed. D. J. Farell and P. Stapleton). University of New England. pp. 35-49.
- Dong, N. T. K. and B. Ogle. 2003a. An evaluation of brewery waste as a replacement for concentrates in diets for growing crossbred common ducks. J. Trop. Anim. Health Prod. (In press).
- Gohl, B. 1998. Tropical Feeds. FAO Software Developed by A. Speedy and N. Waltham, Version 8.
- Hirano, S., C. Itakura, H. Siro, Y. Akiyama, I. Nonaka, N. Kanabara and T. Kawakami. 1990. Chitosanase, an ingredient for domestic feeds. J. Agric. Food Chem. 38:1214-1217.
- Janssen, W. M. M. A. and B. Carre. 1985. Influence of fiber on digestibility of poultry feeds. Recent advances in animal nutrition. Butterworths, London, UK. pp. 71-86.
- Jeuniaux, C. and M. F. Voss-Foucart. 1997. A specific enzymatic method for the quantitative estimation of chitin. In: (Ed. Chitin Handbook, R. A. A. Muzzarelli and M. G. Peter). European Chitin Society pp. 3-6.
- MINITAB. 2000. Minitab Reference Manual Release 13 for Windows, Minitab Inc. USA.
- Ngoan, L. D., J. E. Lindberg, B. Ogle and S. Thomke. 2000a. Anatomical proportions and chemical and amino acid composition of common shrimp species in central Vietnam. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 13:1422-1428.
- Phuong, D. V. 2001. Preservation of soya waste with molasses for animal feeds. B.Sc. thesis. Faculty of Agriculture, Cantho University.
- Siregar, A. P., R. B. Cumming and D. J. Farrell. 1982a. The nutrition of meat-type ducks. I The effects of dietary protein in isoenergetic diets on biological performance. Aust. J. Agric. Res. 33:857-864.
- Siregar, A. P., R. B. Cumming and D. J. Farrell. 1982c. The nutrition of meat-type ducks. III The effects of fibre on biological performance and carcass characteristics. Aust. J. Agric. Res. 33:877-886.
- Standard Tables of Feed Composition in Japan. 1995. Published by Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Research Council Secretariat, MAFF.
- Yeong, S. W. 1992. Advances in Feeding and Management of Ducks in Malaysia. Sustainable Animal Production. In Proceedings of the Sixth AAAP Animal Science Congress, AHAT, Bangkok, Thailand. 2:56-69.
- Jorgensen, H., X. Q. Zhao, K. E. Bach Knudsen and B. O. Eggum. 1996. The influence of dietary fibre source and level on the development of gastrointestinal tract, digestibility and energy metabolism in broiler chickens. Br. J. Nutr. 75:379-395.
- Mohan, S. K. M. and E. Sivaraman. 1993. The feeding value of dried prawn waste in the rations for swine. J. Vet. Anim. Sci. 24:103-108.
- Lien, L. V., R. Sansoucy and N. Thien. 1994. Preserving shrimp heads and animal blood with molasses and feeding them as a supplement for pigs. In Proceeding of Sustainable Livestock Production on Local Feed Resources Seminar-Workshop. (Ed. T. R. Preston, B. Ogle, L. V. Ly and L. T. Hieu. Hanoi) Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, Nov. 22-27, 1993. pp. 50-52.
- Hong, T. T. T., V. T. K. Thanh, D. T. Phuong, P. T. Luu and R. Orskov. 2003. Utilization of by product from soya bean for growing pigs. In proceedings of SAREC/Sida Workshop on Sustainable Livestock Production on Local Feed Resources in March 25 to 27, 2003 in Hue, Vietnam. (Ed. T. R. Preston and B. Ogle). pp. 173-176.
- Rose, S. P. 1997. Principles of Poultry Science. CAB International, Wallingford, Oxon Ox 10 8DE UK. pp. 99-115.
- Scott, M. L. and W. F. Dean. 1991. Nutrition and Management of Ducks. New York, USA. pp. 70-75 and 108-113.
- Austin, P. R., C. J. Brine, J. E. Castle and J. P. Zikakis. 1981. Chitin: New facets of research. Sci. 212:749-753.
- Zakaria, A. 1992. Advances in Feeding and Management of Ducks in Indonesia. Sustainable Animal Production. In: Proceedings of the sixth AAAP Animal Science Congress. AHAT, Bangkok, Thailand. Vol. II. pp. 47-53.
- Jamroz, D., A. Wilickiewicz, J. Orda and J. Skorupinska. 1996. Parameter des Verdauungstrakts und der N-und PVerdaulichkeit der Aminosauren bei Verfutterrung von triticale und Enzymen an Hahnchen, Enten und Ganse. J. Anim. Physiol. Anim. Nutr. 79:123-134.
- Cuc, P. T., T. T. B. Tram and N. T. T. Thuy. 2002. A study of chitin, N-acetyl glucosamine and other compounds in ensiled shrimp waste. Research publication of the Agricultural College, Cantho University.
- Minh, N. T. 2000. Using tofu waste for laying ducks. In Proceeding of Sustainable Livestock Production on Local feed Resources Seminar-Workshop. (Ed. T. R. Preston, B. Ogle, L. V. Ly and L. T. Hieu). Hanoi/Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, Nov. 22-27, 1993. pp. 50-52.
- Association of Official Agricultural Chemists (AOAC). 1990. Official Methods of Analysis. 15th edn. Washington, DC. 1:69-90.
- Goering, H. K. and P. J. Van Soest. 1991. Forage fibre analysis (apparatus, reagents and some applications). USDA Agri. Handbook. No. 379, National Academic Press, Washington DC. pp. 1-19.
- Ngoan, L. D., B. Ogle and J. E. Lindberg. 2001b. Effect of replacing fish meal with ensiled shrimp by-product on the performance and carcass characteristics of growing pigs. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 14:82-87.
- Siregar, A. P., R. B. Cumming and D. J. Farrell. 1982b. The nutrition of meat-type ducks. II The effects of variation in the energy and protein contents of diets on biological performance and carcass characteristics. Aust. J. Agric. Res. 33:865-880.
- Dung, N. N. X. 2001. Digestibility and digesta retention in pigs fed different tropical fibre sources and the estimation of in vivo digestibility by laboratory methods. Ph.D Thesis. Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala.
- Spackman, D. H., W. H. Stein and S. Moore. 1958. Automatic recording apparatus for use in chromatography of amino acids. Anal. Chem. 30:1190-1206.
- Dong, N. T. K. and B. Ogle. 2003b. Effect on performance of replacing broken rice by molasses with supplementation of soya waste in diets for growing ducks. In Proceedings of a SAREC/Sida Workshop on Sustainable Livestock Production on Local Feed Resources, March 25 to 27, 2003, Hue, Vietnam (Ed. T. R. Preston and B. Ogle).
- Evers, D. J. and D. J. Carroll. 1996. Preservation of crab or shrimp waste as silage for cattle. Anim. Feed Sci. Technol. 59:233-244.
- Sauveur, B. and P. Steven. 1985. Duck production and management in France. Duck Production Science and World Practice. (Ed. D. J. Farell and P. Stapleton). University of New England, pp. 248-257.
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기