Identification of Novel SNPs in Bovine Insulin-like Growth Factor Binding Protein-3 (IGFBP3) Gene
The insulin-like growth factors (IGFs), their receptors, and their binding proteins play key roles in regulating cell proliferation and apoptosis. Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 (IGFBP3, OMIM #146732) is one of the proteins that bind to the IGFs. IGFBP3 is a modulator of IGF bioactivity, and direct growth inhibitor in the extravascular tissue compartment. We identified twenty-two novel single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in IGFBP3 gene in Korean cattle (Hanwoo, Bos taurus coreanae) by direct sequencing of full gene including -1,500 bp promoter region. Among the identified SNPs, five common SNPs were screened in 650 Korean cattle; one SNP in promoter (IGFBP3 G-854C), one in 5'UTR region (IGFBP3 G-100A), two in intron 1 (IGFBP3 G+421T, IGFBP3 T+1636A), and one in intron 2 (IGFBP3 C+3863A). The frequencies of each SNP were 0.357 (IGFBP3 G-854C), 0.472 (IGFBP3 G-100A), 0.418 (IGFBP3 G+421T), 0.363 (IGFBP3 T+1636A) and 0.226 (IGFBP3 C+3863A), respectively. Haplotypes and their frequencies were estimated by EM algorithm. Six haplotypes were constructed with five SNPs and linkage disequilibrium coefficients (|D'|) between SNP pairs were also calculated. The information on SNPs and haplotypes in IGFBP3 gene could be useful for genetic studies of this gene.
- Ferry, R. J., Jr., R. W. Cerri and P. Cohen. 1999. Insulin-like growth factor binding proteins: new proteins, new functions. Horm. Res. 51(2):53-67.
- Ferry, R. J., Jr., L. E. Katz, A. Grimberg, P. Cohen and S. A. Weinzimer. 1999. Cellular actions of insulin-like growth factor binding proteins. Horm. Metab. Res. 31(2-3):192-202.
- Phillips, L. S., C. I. Pao and B. C. Villafuerte. 1998. Molecular regulation of insulin-like growth factor-I and its principal binding protein, IGFBP3. Prog. Nucleic Acid Res. Mol. Biol. 60:195-265.
- Valentinis, B., A. Bhala, T. DeAngelis, R. Baserga and P. Cohen. 1995. The human insulin-like growth factor (IGF) binding protein-3 inhibits the growth of fibroblasts with a targeted disruption of the IGF-I receptor gene. Mol. Endocrinol. 9(3):361-367.
- D'Ercole, A. J. 1987. Somatomedins/insulin-like growth factors and fetal growth. J. Dev. Physiol. 9(6):481-495.
- Ryu, Y., J. Yang, D. Seo, and Y. Ko. 2003. Effect of Serum IGF-I on Progesterone Concentration during Early Pregnancy in Korean Native Cattle (Hanwoo). Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 16(1):176-179.
- Oh, Y., H. L. Muller, G. Lamson and R. G. Rosenfeld. 1993. Insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-independent action of IGFbinding protein-3 in Hs578T human breast cancer cells. Cell surface binding and growth inhibition. J. Biol. Chem. 268(20):14964-14971.
- Baxter, R. C. 1993. IGF binding protein-3 and the acid-labile subunit: formation of the ternary complex in vitro and in vivo. Adv. Exp. Med. Biol. 343:237-244.
- Stewart, C. E. and P. Rotwein. 1996. Growth, differentiation, and survival: multiple physiological functions for insulin-like growth factors. Physiol. Rev. 76(4):1005-1026.
- Liu, F., D. R. Powell and R. L. Hintz. 1990. Characterization of insulin-like growth factor-binding proteins in human serum from patients with chronic renal failure. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 70(3):620-628.
- Jones, J. I. and D. R. Clemmons. 1995. Insulin-like growth factors and their binding proteins: biological actions. Endocr. Rev. 16(1):3-34.
- Maciulla, J. H., H. M. Zhang and S. K. DeNise. 1997. A novel polymorphism in the bovine insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 (IGFBP3) gene. Anim. Genet. 28(5):375.
- Thue, T. D. and F. C. Buchanan. 2002. A new polymorphism in the cattle IGFBP3 gene. Anim. Genet. 33(3):242.
- Kappes, S. M., J. W. Keele, R. T. Stone, R. A. McGraw, T. S. Sonstegard, T. P. Smith, N. L. Lopez-Corrales and C. W. Beattie. 1997. A second-generation linkage map of the bovine genome. Genome. Res. 7(3):235-249.
- Hedrick, P. W. 1987. Gametic disequilibrium measures: proceed with caution. Genetics 117(2):331-341.
- Clemmons, D. R. 1993. IGF binding proteins and their functions. Mol. Reprod. Dev. 35(4):368-74; discussion 374-375.
- Clemmons, D. R. 1997. Insulin-like growth factor binding proteins and their role in controlling IGF actions. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 8(1):45-62.
- Collett-Solberg, P. F. and P. Cohen. 1996. The role of the insulinlike growth factor binding proteins and the IGFBP proteases in modulating IGF action. Endocrinol. Metab. Clin. North Am. 25(3):591-614.
- Thissen, J. P., J. M. Ketelslegers and L. E. Underwood. 1994. Nutritional regulation of the insulin-like growth factors. Endocr. Rev. 15(1):80-101.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (3)
- 2007. "" Asian-Australasian journal of animal sciences, 20(9): 1334~1341
- 2007. "" Asian-Australasian journal of animal sciences, 20(9): 1342~1348
- 2008. "" Asian-Australasian journal of animal sciences, 21(3): 309~313
저자의 다른 논문
- 2004 "Association of Interleukin 10 Haplotype with Low Bone Mineral Density in Korean Postmenopausal Women" Journal of biochemistry and molecular biology = 한국생화학회지 37 (6): 691~699
- 2005 "Association Analysis of Monocyte Chemotactic Protein-3 (MCP3) Polymorphisms with Asthmatic Phenotypes" Journal of biochemistry and molecular biology = 한국생화학회지 38 (1): 77~81
- 2006 "유전과 환경" 유전체소식 = KOGO news 6 (3): 13~17
- 2006 "Leptin Polymorphisms Associated with Carcass Traits of Meat in Korean Cattle" Asian-Australasian journal of animal sciences 19 (11): 1529~1535
- 2008 "한국인 정신분열병 환자의 안구추적운동 이상과 COMT 유전자의 Val108/158Met 다형성의 연합 연구" 생물정신의학 = Korean journal of biological psychiatry 15 (4): 288~296
- 2008 "Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase N1 Gene Variants Associated with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and Its Related Phenotypes in the Korean Population" Genomics & informatics 6 (3): 99~109
- 2009 "Identification of Polymorphisms in CYP2E1 Gene and Association Analysis among Chronic HBV Patients" Genomics & informatics 7 (4): 187~194
- 2009 "Lack of Association of BIRC5 Polymorphisms with Clearance of HBV Infection and HCC Occurrence in a Korean Population" Genomics & informatics 7 (4): 195~202
- 2009 "한국인에서 Dystrobrevin Binding Protein 1(DTNBP1) 유전자의 다형성과 정신분열병의 연합에 대한 고찰" 생물정신의학 = Korean journal of biological psychiatry 16 (3): 149~158
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기