Effect of Protein Sources on Rumen Microbial Protein Synthesis Using Rumen Simulated Continuous Culture System
A rumen simulated continuous culture (RSCC) system was used to study the influence of supplementation of the three different types of protein sources such as urea, casein and soy protein on rumen microbial synthesis in terms of rumen microbial synchronization. The urea treatment showed the highest pH value. Ammonia nitrogen concentration was rapidly increased after feeding and not significantly different in the urea treatment (13.53 mg/100 ml). Protozoa numbers were not significantly different for soy protein and casein treatment compared to urea treatments during incubation. The average concentration of total VFA (mMol) was not detected with significant difference among treatments, but iso-butyrate production showed the highest for soy protein treatment among treatments (p
- Chanjula, P., M. Wanapat, C. Wachirapakorn and P. Rowlinson. 2004. Effect of synchronizing starch sources and protein (NPN) in the rumen on feed intake, rumen microbial fermentation, nutrient utilization and performance of lactating dairy cows. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 17(10):1400-1410.
- Chen, G., C. J. Sniffen and J. B. Russell. 1987. Concentration and estimated flow of peptides from the rumen of dairy cattle: effect of protein quantity, protein solubility and feeding frequency. J. Dairy Sci. 70:983-992.
- Griswold, K. E., W. H. Hoover, T. K. Miller and W. V. Thayne. 1996. Effect of form of nitrogen on growth of ruminal microbes in continuous culture. J. Anim. Sci. 74:483-491.
- Koeln, L. L. and J. A. Paterson. 1986. Nitrogen balance and amino acid disappearance from the small intestine in calves fed soybean meal, toasted soybean meal or corn gluten meal supplemented diets. J. Anim. Sci. 63:1258-1266.
- Hazlewood, G. P., G. A. Jones and J. L. Mangan. 1981. Hydrolysis of leaf Fraction 1 protein by the proteolytic rumen bacterium Bacterioides ruminicola R 8/4 J. Gen. Leng Microbiol. 123:223-232
- McAllan, A. B., J. D. Sutton, D. E. Beever and D. J. Napper. 1994. Rumen fermentation characteristics and duodenal nutrient flow in lactating cows receiving two types of grass silage with two levels of concentrates. Anim. Feed Sci. Technol. 46:277-291.
- Merry, R. J. and A. B. McAllan. 1987. Studies of rumen function in an in vitro continuous studies in the effect of nitrogen source on rumen microbial growth and fibre digestion. Anim. Feed Sci. Technol. 31:55-64.
- National Research Council (NRC). 1994. Nutrient requirements of dairy cattle. 7th revised edition. Washington:National Academy of Science.
- Russell, J. B., O'Connor, J. D., Fox, D. G., Van Soest and C. J. Sniffen. 1992. A net carbohydrate and protein system for evaluating cattle diets 1. Ruminal fermentation. J. Anim. Sci. 70:3551-3561.
- Roffler, R. E. and L. D. Satter. 1975. Relationship between ruminal ammonia and nonprotein nitrogen utilization by ruminants. II. Application of published evidence to the development of theoretical model for predicting nonprotein nitrogen utilization, J. Dairy Sci. 58:1889-1898.
- Ha, J. K., J. J. Kennelly and S. C. Lee. 1991. Some factors influencing tri-alanine disappearance and rumen bacterial growth yield in vitro. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 4:367-375
- Crooker, B. A., C. J. Sniffen, W. H. Hoover and L. L. Johnson. 1978. Solvents for soluble nitrogen measurements in feedstuffs. J. Dairy Sci. 61:437-447.
- Russell, J. B. and R. B. Hespell. 1981. Microbial rumen fermentation. J. Dairy Sci. 64:1153-1169.
- Tomas, P. C. 1985. In Recent Advances in Animal Nutrition. 223.
- Siddon, R. C. and J. Paradine. 1981. Effect of diet on protein degrading activity in the sheep rumen. J. Sci. Food Agric. 32:973-981.
- Jouany, P. J. and K. Ushida. 1999. The role of protozoa in feed digestion. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 12(1):113-128.
- Erwin, W. S., J. Marco and E. M. Emery. 1961. Volatile fatty acid analysis of blood and rumen fluids by gas chromatography. J. Dairy Sci. 44:1786-1771.
- Mould, R. L., E. R. Orskov and S. O. Mann. 1983. Associative effects of mixed feeds. 1. Effects of type and level of supplementation and the influence of the rumen fluid pH on cellulolysis in vivo and dry matter digestion of various roughages. Anim. Feed Sci. Technol. 10:15-30.
- Shabi, Z., H. Tagari, M. R. Murphy, I. Bruckental, S. J. Mabjeesh, S. Zamwel, K. Celik and A. Arieli. 2000. Partitioning of amino acids flowing to the abomasum into feed, bacterial, protozoal, and endogenous fractions. J. Dairy Sci. 83:2326-2334.
- Orias, F., C. G. Aldrich, J. C. Elizalde, L. L. Bauer and N. R. Merchen. 2002. The effects of dry extrusion temperature of whole soybeans on digestion of protein and amino acids by steers. J. Anim. Sci. 80:2493-2501.
- Church, D. C. 1988. Protein metabolism of ruminant animals. In the ruminant animal. Digestive physiology and nutrition. Prentice Hall. Englewood Cliffs. New Jersey.
- McDougall, E. I. 1948. Studies on ruminant saliva. The composition and output of saliva. Biochem. J. 43:99-109.
- Stern, M. D., G. A. Varga, J. H. Clark, J. L. Firkins, J. T. Huber and D. L. Palmquist. 1994. Evaluation of chemical and physical properties of feeds that affect protein metabolism in the rumen. J. Dairy Sci. 77:2762-2786
- Ogimoto, K. and I. Soichi. 1981. Atlas of rumen microbiology. Japan Sci. Societies Press. Tokyo. p. 161.
- Steel, R. G. D. and J. H. Torrie. 1981. Principles and procedures of statistics, 2nd ed. McGraw-Hill, New York.
- SAS User’s Guide:Statistics, release. 8.1 version Edition, 2000. SAS Inst. Cary, NC.
- Blake, W. L. and M. D. Stern. 1988. Influence of protein source on amino acid profile or effluent flowing fro continuous culture of ruminal contents. J. Anim. Sci. 66:2284.
- Broderick, G. A., R. J. Wallace and N. McKain. 1988. Comparison of estimates of ruminal protein degradation by in vitro and in situ methods. J. Anim. Sci. 66:1739-1745.
- Cozzi, G. and C. E. Polan. 1994. Corn gluten meal or dried brewers grains as partial replacement for soybean meal in the diet of Holstein cow. J. Dairy Sci. 77:825-834.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (2)
- 2007. "" Asian-Australasian journal of animal sciences, 20(4): 517~522
- 2010. "" Asian-Australasian journal of animal sciences, 23(11): 1455~1461
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기