Muscle Proteome Analysis for the Effect of Panax Ginseng Extracts in Chicken: Identification of Proteins Using Peptide Mass Fingerprinting
The present study was aimed to investigate proteome affected by Panax ginseng extracts in chicken muscles. The whole muscle proteins from chicken fed boiled extracts of 0% (control), 1%, 3%, and 5% Panax ginseng in water were separated by two-dimensional electrophoresis (2-DE) gels using immobilized non-linear gradient (pH 3-10) strips. More than 300 protein spots were detected on silver staining gels. Among them, four protein spots were distinctively up-regulated by Panax ginseng treatments and further investigated by matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization-time of flight mass spectrometry (MALDI-TOF MS). The obtained MS data were searched against SwissProt database using the Mascot search engine. The up-regulated proteins were finally identified as $\alpha$ -tropomyosin (2 spots), triosephosphate isomerase, and one unknown protein. Based on the known functions of the identified proteins, they are highly related to muscle development and enhanced immunity in chickens. These proteins can give valuable information of biochemical roles for Panax ginseng in chicken meats.
- Concha, C., S. Hu and O. Holmberg. 1996. The proliferative responses of cow stripping milk and blood lymphocytes to pokeweed mitogen and ginseng in vitro. Vet. Res. Commun. 27(2):107-115.
- Hwang, I. H. 2004. Application of gel-based proteome analysis techniques to studying post-mortem proteolysis in meat. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 17(9):1296-1302.
- Moon, K. S. 1999. Ingredients of medicinal herbs and their use. Ilweolseogak.
- Pandey, A. and M. Mann. 2000. Proteomics to study genes and genomes. Nature 405:837-846.
- Wang, W., K. Ouyang, J. Ouyang, H. Li, S. Lin and H. Sun. 2004. Polymorphism of insulin-like growth factor I gene in six chicken breeds and its relationship with growth traits. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 17(3):301-304.
- Lees-Miller, J. P. and D. M. Helfman. 1991. The molecular basis for tropomyosin isoform diversity. Bioessays. 13(9):429-437.
- Talamo, F., C. D'Ambrosio, S. Arena, P. Del Vecchio, L. Ledda, G. Zehender, L. Ferrara and A. Scaloni. 2003. Proteins from bovine tissues and biological fluids: defining a reference electrophoresis map for liver, kidney, muscle, plasma and red blood cells. Proteomics 3:440-460.
- Heukeshoven, J. and R. Dernick. 1985. Simplified method for silverstaining of proteins in polyacrylamide gels and the mechanism of silver staining. Electrophoresis 6:103-112.
- Casal, J. I., T. J. Ahern, R. C. Davenport, G. A. Petsko and A. M. Klibanov. 1987. Subunit interface of triosephosphate isomerase: site-directed mutagenesis and characterization of the altered enzyme. Biochemistry. 26(5):1258-1264.
- Ationu, A., A. Humphries, B. Wild, T. Carr, A. Will, R. Arya and D. M. Layton. 1999. Towards enzyme-replacement treatment in triosephosphate isomerase deficiency. Lancet. 353:1155-1156.
- Hu, S., C. Concha, A. Johannisson, G. Meglia and K. P. Waller. 2001. Effect of subcutaneous injection of ginseng on cows with subclinical staphylococcus aureus mastitis. J. Vet. Med. B. 48:519-528.
- Bradford, M. M. 1976. A rapid and sensitive method for the quantitation of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein-dye binding. Anal. Chem. 72:248-254.
- Hu, S., C. Concha, R. Cooray and O. Holmberg. 1995. Ginsengenhanced oxidative and phagocytic activities of polymorphonuclear leukocytes from bovine peripheral blood and stripping milk. Vet. Res. 26:155-161.
- Park, M. J., J. H. Song, H. P. Lee and Y. C. Kim. 1990. Effects of the protein fraction of Panax ginseng on primary cultured chicken skeletal muscle cells. Kor. J. Pharmacogn. 21(3):210-216.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (3)
- 2007. "" Asian-Australasian journal of animal sciences, 20(5): 638~644
- 2007. "" Asian-Australasian journal of animal sciences, 20(3): 307~312
- 2010. "" Korean journal for food science of animal resources = 한국축산식품학회지, 30(3): 385~391
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기