Genetic Variation of H-FABP Gene and Association with Intramuscular Fat Content in Laiwu Black and Four Western Pig Breeds
This study was performed to detect genetic variation of the heart fatty acid-binding protein (H-FABP) gene by PCRRFLPs approach and its association with intramuscular fat (IMF) content. Data from 223 individuals, including one Chinese native pig breed and four western pig breeds, were analyzed. The results showed that for the H-FABP gene, there was one polymorphic HinfI site in the 5'-upstream region, whereas there were one HaeIII and one HinfI (marked as $HinfI^*$ ) polymorphic site in the second intron, respectively. The three PCR-RFLPs were present in all breeds tested. The allele frequencies, however, revealed significant differences between them (p $HinfI^*$ in the Hampshire breed were at disequilibrium, which might be the result of selective breeding. Results also indicated that for HinfI, HaeIII and $HinfI^*$ HFABP RFLP, significant (p
- Bo Zuo, Yuan Zhu Xiong, Yu Hong Su, Chang Yan Deng, Rong Zheng and Si Wen Jiang. 2003. Mapping quantitative trait loci for meat quality on pig chromosome 3, 4 and 7. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 16(3):320-324.
- Falconer, D. S. and T. F. C. Mackay. 1996. Introduction to quantitative genetics, 4th ed. Essex, England: Longman Group. pp. 1-19.
- Gerbens, F., G. Rettenberger, J. A. Lenstra, J. H. Veerkamp and M. F. W. Te Pas. 1997. Characterization, chromosomal localization and genetic variation of the porcine heart fatty acid-binding protein gene. Mamm. Genome. 8:328-332.
- Hovenier, R., E. Kanis, T. Van Asseldonk and N. G. Westerink. 1992. Genetic parameters of pig meat quality traits in a halothane negative population. Livest. Prod. Sci. 32:309-321.
- Sambrook, J., E. F. Fritsch and T. Maniatis. 1989. Molecular Cloning: A Laboratory Manual, 2nd ed. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, Cold Spring Harbor, NY.
- SAS. 1990. SAS Procedures Guide (Version 6). SAS Institute Inc. Cary, NC, USA.
- Veerkamp, J. H. and R. G. H. J. Maatman. 1995. Cytoplasmic fatty acid binding proteins: their structure and genes. Prog. Lipid. Res. 34:17-52.
- Zeng, Y. Q., Y. M. Sun, W. F. Zhang, H. Wang and T. S. Li. 1998. Studies on relationship of muscle histological characteristics to meat quality of Laiwu swine. Chinese J. Anim. Vet. Sci. 29:486-492.
- Zhang, G. X., H. H. Cao, L. X. Wang, H. B. Li and Y. M. Zheng. 2002. Genetic variation in 5'-upstream region and the second intron of H-FABP gene in nine pig breeds. Chinese J. Anim. Vet. Sci. 33:340-343.
- Lin, W. H., L. S. Huang, J. Ren, S. H. Deng, W. J. Wang, B. S. Liu, L. H. Zhou and C. Y. Chen. 2002. Research on genetic variation of heart fatty acid-binding protein gene in ten pig breeds. Acta. Genetics Sinica. 29:12-15.
- Chu, M. X., C. L. Ji and G. H. Chen. 2003b. Association between PCR-RFLP of melatonin receptor 1a gene and high prolificacy in Small Tail Han sheep. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 16(12): 1701-1704.
- Janss, L. L. G., J. A. M. Van Arendonk and E. W. Brascamp. 1997. Bayesian statistical analyses for presence of single genes affecting meat quality traits in a crossed pig population. Genetics 145:395-408.
- Meuwissen, T. H. E. and M. E. Goddard. 1996. The use of marker haplotypes in animal breeding schemes. Gene. Sel. Evol. 28:161-176.
- Gerbens, F., A. J. M. Van Erp, F. L. Harders, F. J. Verburg, T. H. E. Meuwissen, J. H. Veerkamp and M. F. W. Te Pas. 1999. Effect of genetic variants of the heart fatty acid-binding protein gene on intramuscular fat and performance traits in pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 77:846-852.
- Wood, J. D., M. Enser, C. B. Moncrieff and A. J. Kempster. 1988. Effects of carcass fatness and sex on the composition and quality of pig meat. Proc. 34th Int Congr Meat Sci. Tech. Brisbane, Australia, pp. 562-564.
- DeVol, D. L., F. K. McKeith, P. J. Bechtel, J. Novakofski, R. D. Shanks and T. R. Carr. 1988. Variation in composition and palatability traits and relationships between muscle characteristics and palatability in a random sample of pork carcasses. J. Anim. Sci. 66:385-395.
Jiang, Y. L., N. Li, X. Z. Fan, L. R. Xiao, R. L. Xiang, X. X. Hu, L. X. Du and C. X. Wu. 2002. Associations of T
$\rightarrow$A mutation in the promoter region of myostatin gene with birth weight in Yorkshire pigs. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 15(11):1543-1545.
- Chu, M. X., J. Z. Wang, A. G. Wang, N. Li and J. L. Fu. 2003. Association analysis between five microsatellite loci and litter size in Small Tail Han sheep. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 16(11):1555-1559.
- De Koning, D. J., L. L. G. Janss, A. P. Rattink, P. A. M. Van Oers, B. J. De Vries, M. A. M. Groenen, J. J. Vander Poel, P. J. De Groot, E. W. Brascamp and J. A. M. Van Arendonk. 1999. Detection of quantitative trait loci for backfat thickness and intramuscular fat content in pigs (Sus scrofa). Genetics 152:1679-1690.
- Zeng, Y. Q. and Y. M. Sun. 1989. Effects of intramuscular fat and other chemical properties on meat quality of Laiwu swine. J. Shandong Agric. Univ. 4:57-61.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (2)
- 2007. "" Asian-Australasian journal of animal sciences, 20(6): 811~816
- 2007. "" Asian-Australasian journal of animal sciences, 20(5): 622~626
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기