Effect of Location, Year and Variety on Forage Yield and Quality of Winter Rye
The objective of this experiment was to determine agronomic characteristics, and forge yield and quality responses of rye variety to location and year for a double-cropping system in South Korea. Five forage rye varieties ('Koolgrazer', 'Jlee select', '9909', 'Homill22', 'Danko') were evaluated for forage quality and yields during the two growing years (the First year; 2001-2002, and the Second year; 2002-2003) at two locations (the central and southern zone). The heading date of rye in the central zone (Cheonan) was 15 April, and that of the southern zone (Daegu) was 10 April. The heading dates of 'Koolgrazer', 'Jlee select' and '9909' were earlier than those of the others. Although the five varieties had resistance to foliar diseases and insects, these had less lodging resistance. Dry matter (DM) content, DM and total digestible nutrients (TDN) yields had significant differences among rye varieties. DM and TDN yields of the rye varieties at the second year were higher than the first year in the central zone. In the southern zone, DM and TDN yields at the first year were lower than the second year. 'Jlee select' and '9909' had higher DM and TDN yields than the other varieties in both location and year except the first year of the central zone (p
- Holland, C., W. Kezar, W. P. Kautz, E. J. Lazowski, W. C. Mahanna and R. Reinhart. 1990. The pioneer forage manual-A nutritional guide. Pioneer Hi-Bred Int. Inc., Des Moines, IA.
- Jung, H. G. and M. S. Allen. 1995. Characteristics of plant cell walls affecting intake and digestibility of forages by ruminants. J. Anim. Sci. 73:2774-2790.
- Kim, J. D., C. H. Kwon and D. A. Kim. 2001a. Yield and quality of silage corn as affected by hybrid maturity, planting date and harvest stage. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 14(12):1705-1711.
- Kim, S. G. 2004. Forage performance evaluation in winter rye cultivars. Ph. D. Thesis. Seoul National University, Korea.
- Kwon, C. H. and D. A. Kim. 1994. Effect of seeding and harvesting dates on the growth, yield and nutritive value of early and late maturing varieties of forage rye (Secale cereale L.). J. Kor. Grassl. Sci. 14(4):316-323.
- Williams, C. C., M. A. Forestchel, L.O. Ely and H. E. Amos. 1995. Effects of inoculation and wilting on the preservation and utilization of wheat forage. J. Dairy Sci. 78:1755-1767.
- AOAC. 1990. Official Method of Analysis (15th ed.). Association of Official Analytical Chemists. Washington, DC.
- Kim, J. G., E. S. Chung, S. Seo, J. S. Ham, W. S. Kang and D. A. Kim. 2001b. Effects of maturity at harvest and wilting days on quality of round baled rye silage. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 14(9):1233-1237.
- SAS Institute, Inc. 1999. SAS user's guide: Statistics. SAS Inst., Inc., Cary, NC.
- Yu, P., D. A. Christensen, J. J. McKinnon and H. W. Soita. 2004. Using chemical and biological approaches to predict energy values of selected forages affected by variety and maturity stage: Comparison of three approaches. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 17(2):228-236.
- Steel, R. G. D. and J. H. Torrie. 1980. Principles and procedures of statistics. A biometric approach. McGraw-Hill, New York, NY.
- Firdous, R. and A. H. Gilani. 2001. Changes in chemical composition of sorghum as influenced by growth stages and cultivar. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 14:935-940.
- Brundage, A. L., R. L. Taylor and V. L. Burton. 1979. Relative yields and nutritive value of barely, oat, and peas harvested at four successive dates for forage. J. Dairy Sci. 62:740-745.
- Go, H. J. 2001. Yield and quality of forage mixture as affected by maturity of rye cultivar and oat-rye seeding rate. MS thesis. Seoul National University, Korea.
- Goering, H. L. and P. J. Van Soest. 1970. Forage Fiber Analysis. Agric. Hand. No. 379. USDA.
- Elizalde, J. C., N. R. Merchen and D. B. Faulkner. 1999. Fractionation of fiber and crude protein in fresh forage during the spring growth. J. Anim. Sci. 77:476-484.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- 2008. "" Asian-Australasian journal of animal sciences, 21(10): 1416~1424
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기