Evaluation on Nutritional Value of Field Crickets as a Poultry Feedstuff
The proximate analysis, amino acid content and true amino acid digestibility and TMEn for poultry of adult Field crickets Gryllus testaceus Walker, were investigated. The insect was also used as partial replacement of protein supplements in the broiler diet on an equal CP percentage and TMEn basis. The results indicated that the adult insect contained: crude protein 58.3%; fat 10.3%, chitin 8.7% and ash 2.96% on dry matter basis, respectively. The total amounts of methionine, cystine and lysine in the Field crickets were 1.93%, 1.01% and 4.79%, respectively, and their true digestibility coefficients, determined in cecectomized roosters, were 94.1%, 85% and 96%, respectively. The TMEn of this insect meal was 2,960 kcal/kg determined in cecectomized roosters. When cornsoybean meal diets were formulated on an equal CP percentage and TMEn basis, up to 15% Field cricket could replace control diet without any adverse affects on broiler weight gain, feed intake or gain:feed ratio from 8 to 20 d posthatching.
- DeFoliart, G. R. 1975. Insects as source of protein. Bull. Ent. Soc. Am. 21(3):161-163.
- Finke, M. D., G. R. DeFoliart and M. L. Sundae. 1985. An evaluation of the protein quality of mormon cricket (Anabrux simplex H.) when used as a high protein feedstuff for poultry. Poult. Sci. 64:708-712.
- Nakagaki, B. J. and G. R. DeFoliart. 1987. Protein quality of the house cricket Acheta domesticus when fed to broiler roosters. Poult. Sci. 66:1367-1371.
- Phelps, R. J., J. K. Struthers and J. L. Moyo. 1975. Investigations into the nutritive value of Macrotermes falciger (Isoptera-Termitidae). Zool. Africana 10(2):123-132.
- Rama Rao, S. V., M. V. L. N. Raju, M. R. Reddy and A. K. Panda. 2004. Replacement of Yellow Maize with Pearl Millet (Pennisetum typhoides), Foxtail Millet (Setaria italica) or Finger Millet (Eleusine coracana) in Broiler Chicken Diets Containing Supplemental Enzymes. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 17:836-842.
- Cho, Y. M., G. W. Lee, J. S. Jang, I. S. Shin, K. H. Myung, K. S. Choi, I. H. Bae and C. J. Yang. 2004. Effects of Feeding Dried Leftover Food on Growth and Body Composition of Broiler Chicks. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 17:386-393.
- DeFoliart, G. R. 1989. The human use of insects as food and as animal feed. Bull. Ent. Soc. Am. 35:22-35.
- Douglas, M. W., M. L. Johnson and C. M. Parsons. 1997. Evaluation of protein ang energy quality of rendered spent hen meals. Poult. Sci. 76:1387-1391.
- SAS Institute Inc. 1990. SAS User Guide: Statistics. Version 6, 4th Edition. SAS Institute Inc., Cary, North Carolina.
- Parsons, C. M., L. M. Potter and B. A. Bliss. 1982. True metabolizable energy corrected to nitrogen equilibrum. Poult. Sci. 6:2241-2246.
- Conconi, J. R. E. de, J. M. Pino Moreno, C. M. Mayaudon, F. R. Valdez, M. A. Perez, E. E. Prado and H. B. Rodriguez. 1984. Protein content of some edible insect in Mexico. J. Ethnobiol. 4:61-72.
- Sibbald, I. R. 1979. A bioassay for available amino acids and true metabolizable energy in feedstuffs. Poult. Sci. 58:668-673.
- Khajarern, J. M., S. Khajarern, T. H. Moon and J. H. Lee. 2003. Effects of Dietary Supplementation of Fermented Chitinchitosan (FERMKIT) on Toxicity of Mycotoxin in Ducks. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 16:706-713.
- Wang, D., J. J. Hu and M. T. Liu. 2001. Preliminary research of preparation chitin from Field cricket. J. Northwest Sci-Tech Univ. Agri. For. (Nat. Sci. Ed.). 29:63-65. (In Chinese, with English abstract).
- Landry, S. V., G. DeFoliart and M. L. Sundae. 1986. Larval protein quality of six species of Lepidoptera (Saturniidae, Sphingidae, Noctuidae). J. Econ. Ent. 79(3):600-604.
- AOAC. 1990. Official Methods of Analysis. 15th edn. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Arlington, Virginia.
- DeFoliart, G. R., M. D. Finke and M. L. Sunde. 1982. Potential value of the Mormon cricket (Orthoptera:Tettigoniidae) harvested as a high protein feed for poultry. J. Econ. Entomol. 75:848-852.
- Wei, M. C. and G. Q. Liu. 2001. The Research and Exploitation of Insect Protein. J. Central South Forestry Uni. 21:86-90 (In Chinese, with English abstract).
저자의 다른 논문
- 2005 "Characterization of Ha29, a Specific Gene for Helicoverpa armigera Single-nucleocapsid Nucleopolyhedrovirus" Journal of biochemistry and molecular biology = 한국생화학회지 38 (3): 354~359
- 2007 "Helicoverpa armigera Nucleopolyhedrovirus ORF80 Encodes a Late, Nonstructural Protein" Journal of biochemistry and molecular biology = 한국생화학회지 40 (1): 65~71
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기