Damage Analysis of Rice Panicle Blast on Disease Occurrence Time and Severity
The structural differences between healthy and diseasedpanicle necks caused by Pyricularia oryzae were observed using electron-microscope. In the diseased panicle neck, the infection hyphae of the rice blast pathogen grew through the sclerenchymatous fiber tissue and reached to the central internal lacuna. Since the pathogen grew through the sclerenchymatous fiber tissues, the vascular bundle composed with xylem and phloem had been destroyed and finally the nutrients from the leaf and stem were not able to be transported into the grains. Infection of panicle base by the blast pathogen until 20 days after heading caused more than 50% of yield loss in both Jinmibyeo and Chucheongbyeo. There was a positive correlation between incidence of the panicle blast and rice yield losses. The regression equations between incidence of the panicle blast and yield losses were y= -3.61+496.7 ( $R^2$ =0.70 0.70) in Jinmibyeoand y=-3.93+520.2 ( $R^2$ =0.82 0.82) in Juanbyeo. The panicleblast caused deterioration of grain quality. Healthy grain rate was reduced by increase of panicle blast infection.
- Horino, O. and Shindo, K. 1986. Path-histological observation of panicle blast of rice caused by Pyricularia oryzae. Ann. Rep. Plant Prot. North Japan 37:21-23
- Koga, H. and Yoshino, R. 1991. The ultrastructure of rice panicles infected with Pyricularia oryzae Cav. Proc. Assoc. Plant Prot. Hokuriku 39: 17-22
- Takeuchi, T. 1997. Yield loss threshold of rice blast disease in Hokkaido. Ann. Rep. Soc. Plant Prot. North Japan 48:7-11
- Tatsuta, H., Namioka, M. and Nakahori, T. 1983. Studies on the forecast of rice grain quality in Aomori prefecture 2: The relation between ripening conditions and decreasing rate of greenkerneled rice and increasing rate of rusty kernel rice. Tohoku Agricul. Res. 33:25-26
- Torres, C. Q. and Teng, P. S. 1988. Path coefficient analysis on the effects of blast on rice growth, yield and yield components. Philippine Phytopathol. 24:58
- Filippi, M. C. and Prabhu, A. S. 1998. Relationship between panicle blast severity and mineral nutrient content of plant tissue in upland rice. J. Plant Nutrit. USA 21: 1577-1578
- Choi, H. C., Cho, S. Y, Park, R. K., Kim, Y G and Park, N. K. 1991. A cold-tolerant and high yielding rice cultivar with high grain quality 'Jinmibyeo', Res. Rep. Rural Development Administration 33:9-16
- Padmanabhan, S. Y. 1965. Estimating losses from rice blast in India. In: The rice blast disease. Baltimore, Maryland, Johns Hopkins Press, 203-221
- Choi, H. C., Kim, Y G, Cho, S. Y, Moon, H. P., Ahn, S. N., Shin, Y S., Kim, K. W., Park, N. K., Choi, Y. G, Lim, M. S., Jun, B. T., Park, R. K. and Kim, Y. S. 1996. A new lodging resistant and high quality rice cultivar adaptable to direct seeding 'Juanbyeo'. Res. Rep. Rural Development Administration 38:127-135
- Koizumi, S. and Fuji, S. 1993. Effect of blast disease on yield and quality of rice. Research Bulletin of the Aichi-ken Agricultural Research Center 25:45-50
- Kang, C. S. and Lee, S. J. 1979. Yield loss assessment of neck blast by different severity. Res. Rep. Agricultural Science Institute 89-90
- Ou, S. H. 1985. Rice disease. 2nd edn. Commonwealth Mycological Institute, Kew, UK. 380pp
- Nutter, F. W. Jr. 1990. Generating plant disease epidemics in yield loss experiments. In: Crop Loss Assessment in Rice. International Rice Research Institute, Los Banos, The Philippines, pp. 139-150
- Koga, H. and Yoshino, R. 1988. Observation of rice panicle blast by fluorescent labeling. Ann. Phytopath. Soc. Jpn. 54:229-232
- Takasaki, T. 1988. Relationship between infection time of neck node blast in rice plant and symptoms or yield reduction by the disease. Res. Bull. Fukuoka Agricultural Research Center of Japan 8:23-28
- Torres, C. Q. and Teng, P. S. 1991. Using single hills to determine an equation for estimating yield loss caused by rice blast. Int. Rice Res. Newsletter 16:19-20
- Teng, P. S., Torres, C. Q., Nuque, F. L. and Calvero, S. B. 1990. Current knowledge on crop losses in tropical rice. In: Crop loss assesment in rice. International Rice Research Institute, Los Banos, The Phillipines, pp.39-54
- Chien, C. C. 1976. Assessment of yield losses due to rice blast disease. Plant Protection Bull. (Taiwan) 18:79-90
- Hoshikawa, K. 1989. The growing rice plant; an anatomical monograph. Nobunkyo, Tokyo, pp 123-144
- Katsube, T. and Koshimizu, Y. 1970. Influence of blast disease on harvests in rice plants. I. Effect of panicle infection on yield components and quality. Bull. Tohoku National Agricultural Experiment Station 39:55-96
- Koga, H. 1994. Electron microscopy of early infection processes in the panicle neck of rice inoculated with Pyricularia oryzae. Ann. Phytopath. Soc. Jpn. 60:89-98
- Tsai, W. H. 1988. Estimation of rice yield losses caused by panicle blast disease. J. Agric. Res. China 37:86-90
- Goto, K. 1965. Estimating losses from rice blast in Japan. In; The rice blast disease. Johns Hopkins Press, Baltimore, Maryland, pp. 195-202
- Awoderu, V. A. and Bangura, N. S. 1992. Reduction in grain yield attributable to neck blast (Pyricularia oryzae) infection in Liberia. J. Phytopathol. 134:17-21
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- Shim, Hongsik ; Yeh, Wan-Hae ; Yoo, Boung-Joo ; Myung, Inn-Shik ; Hong, Sung-Kee ; Lee, Seungdon 2012. "Pathogenic Races of Pyricularia oryzae Isolated from Various Rice Cultivars on the Blast Nursery and Paddy Field in Different Locations" Research in plant disease = 식물병연구, 18(4): 324~330
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기