Root Colonizing and Biocontrol Competency of Serratia plymuthica A21-4 against Phytophthora Blight of Pepper
The biocontrol agent Serratia plymuthica A21-4 readily colonized on the root of pepper plant and the bacterium moves to newly emerging roots continuously. The colonization of A21-4 on the pepper root was influenced by the presence ofPhytophthora capsici in the soil. When P. capsici was introduced in advance, the population density of A21-4 on the root of pepper plant was sustained more than $10^6$ cfu/g root until 3 weeks after transplanting. On the other hand, in the absence of P. capsici, the population density of A21-4 was reduced continuously and less than $10^5$ cfu/g root at 21 days after transplanting. S. plymuthica A21-4 inhibited successfully the P. capsici population in pepper root and rhizosphere soil. In the rhizosphere soil, the population density of P. capsici was not increased more than original inoculum density when A21-4 was treated, but it increased rapidly in non-treated control. Similarly, the population density of P. capsici sharply increased in the non-treated control, however the population of P. capsici in A21-4 treated plant was not increased in pepper roots. The incidence of Phytophthora blight on pepper treated with A21-4 was 12.6%, while that of non-treated pepper was 74.5% in GSNU experimental farm experiment. And in farmer's vinyl house experiment, the incidence of the disease treated with the fungicide was 27.3%, but treatment of A21-4 resulted in only 4.7% of the disease incidence, showing above 80% disease control efficacy.
- Shen, S. S., Kim, J. W. and Park, C. S. 2002. Serratia plymuthica strain A21-4: A Potential Biocontrol Agent Against Phytophthora Blight of Pepper. Plant Pathol. J. 18:138-141
- Shen, S. S., Choi, O. H., Lee, S. M. and Park, C. S. 2002. In vitro and In vivo Activities of a Biocontrol Agent, Serratia plymuthica A21-4, Against Phytophthora capsici. Plant Pathol. J. 18:221-224
- Schlub, R. L. 1983. Epidemiology of Phytophthora capsici on bell pepper. J. Agric. Sci. Camb. 100:7-11
- Kaiser, W. J., Hannan, R. M. and Weller, K. M. 1989. Biological control of seed rot and pre-emergence damping-off of chickpea with fluorescent pseudomonads. Soil. Biol. Biochem. 21:269-273
- Kloepper, J. W., Zaboltowiz, R. M., Tipping, E. M. and Lifshitz, R. 1991. Plant growth promotion mediated by bacterial rhizosphere colonizers. In: The rhizosphere and plant growth. Edited by D. L. Keister and P. B. Cregan. pp. 315-326. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Cordrecht. the Netherlands
- Kim, Y. G. 1995. Biological Control of Phytpphthora Blight of Redpepper by Antagonistic Bacillus Polymyxa 'AC-1'. Dr. D. Thesis. Seoul National Uni. Korea
- Schippers, B., Bakker, A. W. and Bakker, P. A. H. M. 1987. Interactions of deleterious and beneficial rhizosphere microorganisms and the effect of cropping practices. Annu. Rev. Phytopathology 25:339-358
- Park, K. S., Jang, S. W., Kim, C. H. and Lee, E. J. 1989. Studies on Biological Control of Phytophthora Blight of Red-pepper III. Formulations of Trichoderma harzianum and Pseudomonas cepacia Antagonistic to Phytophthora capsici and Their Preservation. Kor. J. Plant Pathol. 5:131-138
- Hur, J. M., Lee, Y. S., Kim, B. S. and Cho, C. H. 1990. Evaluation and Inheritance of Resistance to Phytophthora blight in Pepper. Korean J. Plant Pathol. 6:447-451
- Weller, D. M. 1988. Biological control of soilborne plant pathogens in the rhizosphere with bacteria. Annu. Rev. Phytophthol. 26:379-407
- Nam, C. G., Jee, H. J. and Kim, C. H. 1988. Studies on Biological Cotrol of Phytophthora Blight of Red-pepper . Enhancement of Antagonistic Activity by soil Amendment with Organic Materials. Kor. J. Plant Pathol. 4:313-318
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (6)
- 2006. "" The plant pathology journal, 22(4): 364~368
- 2007. "" The plant pathology journal, 23(3): 180~186
- Cao, Pu ; Shen, Shun-Shan ; Wen, Cai-Yi ; Song, Shuang ; Park, Chang-Seuk 2009. "The Effect of the Colonization of Serratia plymuthica A21-4 in Rhizosphere Soil and Root of Pepper in Different Soil Environment" Research in plant disease = 식물병연구, 15(2): 101~105
- Zhang, Li-Jing ; Shi, Hong-Zhong ; Wang, Jing-Jing ; Chang, Shu-Xian ; Shen, Shun-Shan 2010. "Selection of Biocontrol Agents against Phytophthora Blight of Pepper and Its Root Colonization Ability" Research in plant disease = 식물병연구, 16(2): 158~162
- Cheon, Wonsu ; Kim, Doyeon ; Kim, Yonggyun ; Hong, Yong Pyo ; Yi, Youngkeun 2013. "Control Effects of 3-(4-Hydroxyphenyl)-propionic Acid Isolated Xenorhabdus nematophila K1 against Phytophthora Blight and Anthracnose of Red Pepper" Research in plant disease = 식물병연구, 19(3): 208~215
- 2013. "" The plant pathology journal, 29(4): 418~426
저자의 다른 논문
- 2003 "Identification of Genes for Biosynthesis of Antibacterial Compound from Pseudomonas fluorescens Bl6, and Its Activity Against Ralstonia solanacearum" Journal of microbiology and biotechnology 13 (2): 292~300
- 2005 "Nature of a Root-Associated Paenibacillus polymyxa from Field-Grown Winter Barley in Korea" Journal of microbiology and biotechnology 15 (5): 984~991
- 2006 "Molecular Characterization of Biosynthetic Genes of an Antifungal Compound Produced by Pseudomonas fluorescens MC07" Journal of microbiology and biotechnology 16 (3): 450~456
- 2011 "Anthracnose Caused by Colletotrichum gloeosporioides on Sweet Crabapple in Korea" The plant pathology journal 27 (4): 396~396
- 2011 "Rhizopus oryzae에 의한 산딸기 무름병" Research in plant disease = 식물병연구 17 (3): 396~398
- 2011 "Sclerotium rolfsii에 의한 초석잠 흰비단병" Research in plant disease = 식물병연구 17 (3): 399~401
- 2011 "First Report of White Rot on Malus coronaria caused by Botryosphaeria dothidea in Korea" The plant pathology journal 27 (3): 299~299
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기