Sophorolipid Production by Candida bombicola ATCC 22214 from a Corn-Oil Processing Byproduct
Sophorolipid was produced by Candida bombicola ATCC 22214 from soybean dark oil, a byproduct of soybean oil processing. With a fed-batch culture of C. bombicola for 7 days, 90 g/l of sophorolipid was obtained. The CMC (critical micelle concentration) and minimum surface tension of the sophorolipid in aqueous solution were found to be 150 mg/l and 48 mN/m, respectively. The dispersion capability of sophorolipid was higher than that of the chemical surfactants such as SDS and Brij30. The molar solubility ratio (MSR) of 4-methylnaphthalene was 0.2. Linoleic and oleic acids were the main constituents of the fatty acid composition of the sophorolipid. The sophorolipid showed antimicrobial activity against Propionibacterium acne and Bacillus subtilis.
- Danial, H. J., M. Reuss, and C. Syldatk. 1998. Production of sophorolipids in high concentration from deproteinized whey and rapeseed oil in a two-stage fed-batch process using Candida hombicola ATCC 22214 and Cryptococcus curvatus ATCC 20509. Biotechnol. Lett. 20: 1153- 1156
- Hu, Y. and L. K. Ju. 2000. Sophorolipid production from different lipid precursors observed with LC-MS. Enzyme Microbial Technol. 83: 189- 198
- Klekner, V. and N. Kosaric. 1993. Biosurfactants for cosmetics, pp. 65- 99. In Biosurfactants; Productions, Properties, Applications Vol. 48 Kosaric, N. (ed.). Surfactant Science Series
- Klekner, V., N. Kosaric, and Q. H. Zhou. 1991. Sophorose lipids produced from sucrose. Biotechnol. Lett. 13: 345-348
- Rau, U., K. Fiehler, D. Rasch, S. Spockner, and S. Lang. 1998. Produktion und charakterisierung von eukaryotischen glykolipiden, pp. 177- 202. In Fachagentur fur Nachwachsende Rohstoffe Landwirtschaftsverlag (ed.), Chemische Nutzung heimischer Pfanzenole. Schriftenreihe: Nachwachsende Rohstoffe 12, Munster
- Rosenberg, E. and E. Z. Ron. 1999. High- and low-molecularmass microbial surfactants. Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 52: 154- 162
- Maingault, M. 1999. Utilization of sophorolipids as therapeutically active substances or cosmetic products, in particular for the treatment of the skin. US patent 5,981,497
- Davila, A. M., R. Marchal, and J. P. Vandecasteele. 1994. Sophorose lipid production from lipidic precursors: Predictive evaluation of industrial substrates. J. Ind. Microhiol. 13: 249- 257
- Kim, K. J., D. S. Yoo, Y. B. Kim, B. S. Lee, D. H. Shin, and E. K. Kim. 2002. Characteristics of sophorolipid as an antimicrobial agent. J. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 12: 235- 241
- Mager, H., R. Roethlisberger, and F. Wagner. 1987. Preparation of sophorose lipid lactones for use in cosmetics, especially as antidandruff and bacteriostatic agents and deodorant. DE 3,526,417
- Kosaric, N. and N. C. C. Gray. 1987. Biotechnology and the surfactant industry, pp. 163-183. In Kosaric et al. (eds.), Biosurfactant and Biotechnology. Marcel Dekker, New York, U.S.A
- Borzeix, C. F. 1999. Use of sophorolipids compnsmg diacetyl lactone as agent for stimulating skin fibroblast metabolism. WO 9964279
- Baek, S. K., X. X. Sun, Y. J. Lee, S. Y. Wang, K. N. Han, J. K. Choi, J. H. Noh, and E. K. Kim. 2003. Mitigation of harmful, algal blooms by sophorolipid. J. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 13: 651- 659
- Deshpande, M. and L. Daniels. 1995. Evaluation of sophorolipid biosurfactant production by Candida bomhicola using animal fat. Biores. Technol. 54: 143- 150
- Lang, S. and L. Fischer. 1999. Microbial and enzymatic production of biosurfactants, pp. 51- 103. In D. R. Karsa, G. Bognolo, I. C. Callaghan, J. H. Harwell, R. Tsushima (eds.). Annual Surfactants Review, vol 2. Design and selection of performance surfactants. Academic Press, Sheffield, U.K.
- Banat, I. M., R. S. Makkar, and S. S. Cameotra. 2000. Potential commercial applications of microbial surfactants. Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 53: 495- 508
- Maier, R. M. and G. Soberon-Chavez. 2000. Pseudomonas aeruginosa rhamnolipids: Biosynthesis and potential applications. Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 54: 625- 633
- Gribbon, E. M., W. J. Cunliffe, and K. T. Holland. 1993. Interaction of Propionibacterium acne with skin lipids in vitro. J. Gen. Microbiol. 139: 1745- 1751
- Zhou Q. H., V. Klekner, and N. Kosaric. 1992. Production of sophorose lipids by Torulopsis bombicola from safflower oil and glucose. J. Am. Oil. Soc. 69: 89- 91
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- 2007. "" Journal of microbiology and biotechnology, 17(10): 1700~1703
저자의 다른 논문
- 1999 "소포로리피드[미생물계면활성제]의 생산과 응용" 한국생물공학회지 = Korean journal of biotechnology and bioengineering 14 (6): 747~753
- 2006 "Statistical Optimization of the Lysis Agents for Gram-negative Bacterial Cells in a Microfluidic Device" Biotechnology and bioprocess engineering 11 (4): 288~292
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기