MODELING AND MULTIRESOLUTION ANALYSIS IN A FULL-SCALE INDUSTRIAL PLANT
In this paper, data-driven modeling and multiresolution analysis (MRA) are applied for a full-scale wastewater treatment plant (WWTP). The proposed method is based on modeling by partial least squares (PLS) and multiscale monitoring by a generic dissimilarity measure (GDM), which is suitable for nonstationary and non-normal process monitoring such as a biological process. Case study in an industrial plant showed that the PLS model could give good modeling performance and analyze the dynamics of a complex plant and MRA was useful to detect and isolate various faults due to its multiscale nature. The proposed method enables us to show the underlying phenomena as well as to filter out unwanted and disturbing phenomena.
- Olsson, G. and Newell, B., Wastewater Treatment Systems: Modelling, diagnosis and Control, IWA, UK (1999)
- Teppola, P., Multivariate process monitoring of sequential process data - A chemometric approach, Ph.D. Thesis, Lappeenranta University, Finland (1999)
- Yoo, C. K., Choi, S. W. and Lee, I., 'Disturbance detection and Isolation in the Activated Sludge Process,' Water Sci. Tech., 45(4-5), 217-226 (2002)
- Yoo, C. K. Vanrolleghem, P. A. and Lee, I., 'Nonlinear modeling and adaptive monitoring with Fuzzy and multivariate statistical method in biological wastewater treatment plant,' J. Biotechnol., 105(1-2), 135-163 (2003)
- Yoo, C. K., Lee, D. S. and Vanrolleghem, P. A., 'Application of multiway ICA for on-line monitoring of a sequencing batch reactor,' Water Res., 38(7), 1715-1732 (2004a)
- Yoo, C. K., Yoon, H. B., Lee, I. B., Vanrolleghem, P. A. and Rosen, C., 'Application of fuzzy partial least squares (FPLS) modeling nonlinear biological processes,' Korean J. Chem. Eng., 21(6), 1087-1097 (2004b)
- Ragot, J., Grapin, G., Chatellier, P. and Colin, F., 'Modeling of a water treatment plant. A multi-model representation,' Environmetrics, 12, 599-623 (2001)
- Henze, M., Guier, W., Mino, T. And van Loosdrecht M. C. M., Activated sludge models ASM1, ASM2, ASM2d and ASM3 IAWPRC Scientific and Technical Report No.9. International Water Association, UK (2000)
- Yoon, S. P., 'Comparison of biological nutrient removal processes by activated sludge model no.2,' J. of Korean Society of Environmental Engineers, 21(4) 609-616 (1999)
- Kim, I. S., Young, J. C., Kim, S. Y. and Kim, S. M., 'Development of monitoring methodology to fingerprint the activated sludge processes using oxygen uptake rate,' Environ. Eng. Res., 6(4), 251-259 (2001)
- Kim, S. H., Lee, H. J., Kim, C. W., Ko, J. H. and Woo, H. J., 'Application of the genetic algorithm for the parameter estimation of activated sludge models No.1,' J. of Korean Society of Environmental Engineers, 24(10), 1723-1730 (2002)
- Jeong, H. S., Choi, D. J. and Shin, H. S., 'Estimation of model parameters in organic degradation and nitrification processes of ASM3 using respirometry and genetic algorithm,' J. of Korean Society of Environmental Engineers, 26(8), 904-910 (2004)
- Johnson, R. A. and Wichern, D. W., Applied Multivariate Statistical Analysis, 3nd ed., Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, USA (1992)
- Wise, B. M. and Gallagher, N. B., 'The process chemometrics approach to process monitoring and fault detection,' J. Process Control, 6, 329-348 (1996)
- Krofta, M., Herath, B., Burgess, D. and Lampman, L., 'An attempt to understand dissolved air flotation using multivariate analysis,' Water Sci. Tech., 31(3-4), 191-201 (1995)
- Van Dongen, G. and Geuens, L., 'Multivariate tie series analysis for design and operation of a biological wastewater treatment plant,' Water Res., 32, 691-700 (1998)
- Bakshi, B. R., 'Multiscale PCA with application to multivariate statistical process monitoring,' AlChE J, 44, 1596-1610 (1998)
- Yoo, C. K., Choi, S. W. and Lee, I., 'Dynamic monitoring method for multiscale fault detection and diagnosis in MSPC,' Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 41, 4303-4317 (2003)
- Eriksson, L., Hermens, J. L. M., Johansson, E., Verhaar, H. J. M. and Wold, S., 'Multivariate analysis of aquatic toxicity data with PLS,' Aqu. Sci., 57(3), 1015-1621 (1995)
- Lee, D. S., Neural Network Modeling of Biological Wastewater Treatment Processes, Ph.D. Dissertation, POSTECH, Korea (2000)
- Rosen, C. and Lennox, J. A., 'Multivariate and multiscle monitoring of wastewater treatment operation,' Water Res., 35(14), 3402-3410 (2001)
- Kano, M., Nagao, K., Hasebe, S., Hashimoto, I., Ohno, H., Strauss, R. and Bakshi, B., 'Comparison of statistical process monitoring methods: Application to the eastman challenge Problem,' Comput. Chem. Eng., 24, pp. 175-181 (2000)
- NDSL :
- 대한환경공학회 : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기