PREDICTION OF COMBINED SEWER OVERFLOWS CHARACTERIZED BY RUNOFF
Pollution loading of Combined Sewer Overflows (CSOs) is frequently over the capacity of a wastewater treatment plant (WWTP) receiving the water. The objectives of this study are to investigate water quality of CSOs in Anmyun-ueup, Tean province and to apply Storm Water Management Model to predict flow rate and water quality of the CSOs. The capacity of a local WWTP was also estimated according to rainfall duration and intensity. Eleven water quality parameters were analyzed to characterize overflows. SWMM model was applied to predict the flow rate and pollutant load of CSOs during rain event. Overall, profile of the flow and pollutant load predicted by the model well followed the observed data. Based on model prediction and observed data, CSOs frequently occurs in the study area, even with light precipitation or short rainfall duration. Model analysis also indicated that the local WWTP's capacity was short to cover the CSOs.
- USEPA, Combined Sewer Overflows: Guidance for Monitoring and Modeling, Office of Wastewater Management, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Washington D.C., USA (1999)
- Deletic A., 'The first flush load of urban surface runoff,' Water Res. 32, 2462-2470 (1998)
- Lee, J. H. and Bang, K. W., 'Characterization of urban stormwater runoff,' Water Res. 34, 1773-1780 (2000)
- Diaz-Fierros, T. F., Suarez, J., Puerta, J. and Diaz-Fierros, V. F., 'Contaminant loads of CSOs at the wastewater treatment plant of a city in NW Spain,' Urban Water., 4, 291-299 (2002)
- Novotny, V. and Witte, J. W., 'Ascertaining aquatic ecological risks of urban stormwater discharges,' Water Res., 31(10), 2573-2585 (1997)
- Camp Dresser & McKee and OSU, Storm Water Management Model, Version 4.4h: Users Manual (2001)
- Tsihrintzis, V. A. and Hamid, R., 'Modeling and management of urban stormwater runoff quality: a review,' Water Resour. Manage., EWRA, 11(2), 137-164 (1997)
- Tsihrintzis, V. A. and Hamid, R., 'Runoff quality prediction from small urban catchments using SWMM,' Hydrocarbon Process., 12, 311-329 (1998)
- Huber, W. C., Heaney, J. P., and Cunningham, B. A., Storm Water Management Model (SWMM) Bibliopraphy, EPA 600/385/ 077 (NTIS PB86-1360411AS). EPA, Athens, Georgia, September (1985)
- Huber, W. C. and Dickinson, R. E., Storm Water Management Model, Version 4: Users Manual, Environmental Research Laboratory, EPA, Athens, Georgia (1998)
- Ministry of Environment, Korean Standard Method, Korea (2000)
- Lee, J. H., Bang, K. W., Ketchum, L. H., Choe, J. S. and Yu, M. J., 'First flush analysis of urban storm runoff,' Sci. Total Environ., 293, 163-175 (2002)
- NDSL :
- 대한환경공학회 : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기