CATALYTIC DEGRADATION OF WASTE HIGH-DENSITY POLYETHYLENE INTO LIQUID PRODUCT
Liquid-phase catalytic degradation of waste high-density polyethylene (HDPE) over ZSM-5 (powder type (PW)) and ZSM-5+binder (granule type (GR)) has been investigated with a stirred semi-batch operation at 400°C. Two ZSM-5 catalysts with a different crystal size were synthesized and also each ZSM-5 (25%) Catalyst was mixed with a same binder (kaolin: silica sol: alumina = 55%:10%:10%). The performance of prepared catalysts that has different physicochemical properties was discussed with the cumulative amount distribution, molecular weight distribution and also paraffin, olefin, naphthene and aromatic (PONA) distribution in liquid product. These liquid product quality and distributions were changed depending on the physicochemical properties of the catalyst. Moreover, the characteristic of ZSM-5 in the catalyst was strongly influenced on the activity and PONA distribution in liquid product.
- Ali, S., Garforth, A. A., Harris, D. H., Rawlence, D. J. and Uemichi, Y., 'Polymer waste recycling over used catalysts,' Catal. Today, 75, 247-255 (2002)
- Walendziewski, J., 'Engine fuel derived from waste plastics by thermal treatment,' Fuel, 81, 473-481 (2002)
- Buekens, A. G. and Huang, H., 'Catalytic plastics cracking for recovery of gasoline-range hydrocarbons from municipal plastic wastes,' Resources Conserv. Recycl., 23, 163-181 (1998)
- Kim, J.-S., 'Pyrolysis of plastic wastes using the non-catalytic hamburg-process and a catalytic process using the cycled-spheres-reactors,' Environ. Eng. Res., 9, 31-37 (2004)
- Lee, K. H., Jeon, S. G., Kim, K. H., Roh, N. S., Shin, D. H., Park, J., Seo, Y. H., Vee, J. J. and Kim, G. T., 'Thermal and catalytic degradation of waste high-density polyethylene using spent FCC catalyst,' Korean J. Chem. Eng., 20(4), 693-697 (2003)
- Garforth, A., Fiddy, S., Lin, Y. H., Ghanbari-Siakhali, A., Sharratt, P. N. and Dwyer, J., 'Catalytic degradation of high density polyethylene: An evaluation of mesoporous and rnicroporous catalysts using thermal analysis,' Thermochim. Acta, 294, 65-69 (1997)
- de la Puente, G. and Sedran, u., 'Recycling polystyrene into fuels by means of FCC: performance of various acidic catalysts,' Appl. Catal., B, 19, 305-311 (1998)
- Liu, C., Deng, Y., Pan, Y., Gu, Y., Qiao, B. and Gao, X., 'Effect of ZSM-5 on the aromatization performance in cracking catalyst,' J. Mol. Catal., 215, 195-199 (2004)
- Vitolo, S., Bresci, B., Seggiani, M. and Gallo, M. G., 'Catalytic upgrading of pyrolytic oils over HZSM-5 zeolite: behavior of the catalyst when used in repeated upgrading-regenerating cycles,' Fuel, 80, 1726 (2001)
- Seo, Y. H., Lee, K. H. and Shin, D. H., 'Investigation of catalytic degradation of high-density polyethylene by hydrocarbon group type analysis,' J. Anal. Appl. Pyrolysis, 70, 383-398 (2003)
- Camblor, M. A., Conna, A., Martinez, A., Martinez-Soria, V. and Valencia, S., 'Mild hydrocracking of vacuum gas oil over NiMo-Beta zeolite catalysts: the role of the location of the NiMo phases and the crystallite size of the zeolite,' J. Catal., 179, 537-547 (1998)
- Manos, G., Garforth, A. and Dwyer, J., 'Catalytic degradation of high-density polyethylene over different zeolitic structures,' Ind. Eng. Chenz. Res., 39, 1198-1202 (2000)
- Buchanan, J. S., Santiesteban, J. G. and Haag, W.O., 'Mechanistic considerations in acid-catalyzed cracking of olefins,' J. Catal., 158, 279-287 (1996)
- Karagoz, S., Karayildirim, T., Ucar, S., Yuksel, M. and Yanik, J., 'Liquefaction of municipal waste plastics in VGO over acidic and non-acidic catalysts,' Fuel, 82, 415-423 (2003)
- Manos, G., Garforth, A. and Dwyer, J., 'Catalytic degradation of high-density polyethylene on an ultrastable-Y zeolite. Nature of initial polymer reactions, pattern of formation of gas and liquid products, and temperature effects,' Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 39, 1203-1208 (2000)
- NDSL :
- 대한환경공학회 : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기