Seasonal Cycle of Phytoplankton in Aquaculture Ponds in Bangladesh
A study on the seasonal changes in the phytoplankton community was carried out in four aquaculture ponds of Bangladesh over a period of 16 months from August 2000 to November 2001. Out of 45 phytoplankton species identified, 30 belong to Cyanophyceae, 7 to Chlorophyceae, 5 to Bacillariophyceae and 3 to Euglenophyceae. The highest phytoplankton abundance was observed in spring followed by early autumn, summer, and the lowest was in winter. The annual succession of Cyanophyceae was characterized by spring and early autumn period dominated by Microcystis sp. Anabaena sp. and Planktolymbya sp. with Microcystis sp. as the main blue-green algae represented. Chlorophyceae was characterized by rainy season domination of Chlorella vulgaris, Pediastrum sp. and Scenedesmus denticulatus with maximum abundance of Chlorella vulgaris. Whereas Bacillariophyceae was dominant during the winter period. Navicula angusta and Cyclotella meneghiniana were the most frequently occurring species of Bacillariophyceae throughout the study period. Euglenophyceae was dominant in late autumn and Euglena sp. was the dominant species. The effect of various physicochemical water quality parameters on the seasonal distribution and succession of the above mentioned phytoplankton population as well as the interaction and eutrophication are discussed.
- Armisen R. 1997. Agar. In: Imeson A. (ed.), Thickening and gelling agents for food. Blackie Academic and professionals, Landon, pp-1-21
- Critchley A.T. 1997. Introduction: Seaweed resources. In: Ohno M. and Critchley A.T. (eds), Seaweed cultivation and marine ranching. Japanese International Collaboration Agency (JICA). pp. 1-7
- Derbyshire W., Hedges D.N., Lillford P.J. and Norton I.T. 2001. The influence of a mixed anionic system on the aggregation behavior of Agarose. Food Hydroco. 15: 153-163
- Do J.R. and Oh S.W. 1999. Preparation of agarose from Gelidium amansii for gel electrophoresis using various puifacation methods and its resolution characteristics for DNA. J. Food Sci. Tech. 31: 110-114
- Fujii T., Yano T., Kumagai H. and Miyawaki O. 2000. Scaling analysis on elasticity of agarose gel near the sol-gel transition temperature. Food Hydroco. 14: 359-363
- Guisely K.B. 1970. The relationship between methoxyl content and gelling temperature of agarose. Carbohydr. Res. 13: 247-256
- Heinzinger K. 1985. Computer simulations of aqueous electrolyte solutions. Physica. 131B: 196-216
- Hjerten S. 1962. A new method for preparation of agarose for gel electrophoresis. Biochem. Biophy. Acta. 62: 455-499
- Hjerten S. 1971. Some new methods for the preparation of agarose. J. Chromatogr. 61: 73-80
- Lowry O.H., Rosebrough N.J., Farr L. and Rindall R.J. 1951. Protein measured with folin phenol regent. J. Biol. Chem 193: 256-259
- Millan A.J., Moreno R. and Nieto M.I. 2002. Theromogelling polysaccharides for aqueous gelcasting part I: a comperative study of gelling additives. J. Eur. Ceramic Soc. 22: 2209-2215
- Mollet J.C., Rahaoui A. and Lemoine Y. 1998. Yield, chemical composition and gel strength of agarocolloids of Gracilaria gracilis, Gracilariopsis longissima and the newly reported Gracilaria cf. vermiculophylla from Roscoff (Brittany, France). J. Appl. Phycol. 10: 59-66
- Pelegrin F.Y. and Robledo D. 1997. Influence of alkali treatment on agar from Gracilaria cornea from Yucatan. Mexico. J. Appl. Phycol. 9: 533-539
- Radmer R.J. 1996. Algal diversity and commercial algal products. Biosci. 46: 263-269
- Selby H.H. and Whistler R.L. 1993. Agar. In: Whistler R.L., BeMiller J.N. (eds), Industrial gums: Polysaccharides and their derivatives. Academic press. pp. 87-103
- AOAC. 1990. Official Methods of Analysis. 16th ed. Assoc. Office Agr-Chemists, Washington, D.C. pp. 69-74: 487-491
- Abbott I.A. 1996. Ethnobotany of seaweeds: Clues to use of seaweeds. Hydrobiol. 326/327: 15-20
저자의 다른 논문
- 2007 "Pangasiid Catfish Pangasius hypophthalmus Farming in Bangladesh: a Rural Survey in the Mymensingh Region" 한국해양바이오학회지 = Journal of marine bioscience and biotechnology 2 (2): 94~101
- 2008 "복합양식에서 pangasiid catfish, silver carp과 catla의 성장률" 생명과학회지 = Journal of life science 18 (9): 1186~1193
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기