Mobile Robot Localization using Range Sensors: Consecutive Scanning and Cooperative Scanning
This paper presents an obstacle detection algorithm based on the consecutive and the cooperative range sensor scanning schemes. For a known environment, a mobile robot scans the surroundings using a range sensor that can rotate 3600°. The environment is rebuilt using nodes of two adjacent walls. The robot configuration is then estimated and an obstacle is detected by comparing characteristic points of the sensor readings. In order to extract edges from noisy and inaccurate sensor readings, a filtering algorithm is developed. For multiple robot localization, a cooperative scanning method with sensor range limit is developed. Both are verified with simulation and experiments.
- H. F. Durrant-Whyte, 'Uncertain geometry in robotics,' IEEE Journal of Robotics and Automation, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 23-31, 1988
- J. Gonzalez, A. Stentz, and A. Ollero, 'An iconic position estimator for a 2d laser range finger,' Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2646-2651, 1992
- K. Yamazawa, Y. Yagi, and M. Yachida, 'Omnidirectional imaging with hyper boloidal projection,' Proc. of IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 1029-1034, 1993
- S. Lee, N. M. Amato, and J. Fellers, 'Localization based on visibility sectors using range sensors,' Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3505- 3511, 2000
- J. Kim, N. M. Amato, and S. Lee, 'An integrated mobile robot path (re)planner and localizer for personal robots,' Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3789-3794, 2001
- I. J. Cox, 'Blanch - an experiment in guidance and navigation of an autonomous mobile robot,' IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 193-204, 1991
- D. Laurent, M. El Mustapha, P. Claude, and V. Pascal, 'A Mobile robot localization based on a multisensor cooperation approach,' Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Industrial Electronics, Control and Instrumentation, pp. 155-160, August 1996
- S. Thrun, W. Burgard, and D. Fox, 'A Real-time algorithm for mobile robot mapping with applications to multi-robot and 3D mapping,' Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 321-328, April 2000
- G. Hager and S. Atiya, 'Real-time vision-based robot localization,' IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 785-800, 1993
- T. Yata, A. Ohya, and S. Yuta, 'Fusion of omnidirectional sonar and omni-directional vision for environment recognition of mobile robots,' Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3926-3931, 2000
- K. Sugihara, 'Some location problems for robot navigation using a single camera,' Computer Vision, Graphics and Image Processing, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 112-129, 1988
- R. Grabowski and P. Khosla, 'Localization techniques for a team of small robots,' Proc. of IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 1067-1072, 2001
- R. C. Smith and P. Cheeseman, 'On the representation and estimation of spatial uncertainty,' International Journal of Robotics Research, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 56-88, 1986
- F. Cheanvier and J. Crowley, 'Position estimation for a mobile robot using vision and odometry,' Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2588-2593, 1922
- E. Sahin and P. Gaudiano, 'Visual looming as a range sensor for mobile robots,' Proc. of the Fifth International Conference on Simulation of Adaptive Behavior, Zurich, pp. 114-119, 1998
- S. Lee and J.-B. Song, 'Mobile robot localization using optical flow sensors,' International Journal of Control, Automation, and Systems, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 485-493, December 2004
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (2)
- 2008. "" International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems, 6(2): 282~287
- 2010. "" International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems, 8(5): 1082~1090
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기