One Idea on a Three Dimensional Measuring System Using Light Intensity Modulation
A new optical digitizing system for determining the position of a cursor in three dimensions(3D) and an experimental device for its measurement are presented. A semi-passive system using light intensity modulation, a technology that is well known in radar ranging, is employed in order to overcome precision limitations imposed by background light. This system consists of a charge-coupled device camera placed before a rotating mirror and a light-emitting diode whose intensity is modulated. Using a Fresnel pattern for light modulation, it is verified that a substantial improvement of the signal to noise ratio is realized for the background noise and that a resolution of less than a single pixel can be achieved. This opens the doorway to the realization of high precision 3D digitized measurement. We further propose that a 3D position measurement with a monocular optical system can be realized by a numerical experiment if a linear-period modulated waveform is adopted as the light-modulating one.
- I. Fujimoto and S. Ando, '3D semi-passive digitizer using pulse-compression,' Proc. of National Conference of Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan, March 26-28, vol. 3, pp. 49- 50, 1996
- I. Fujimoto, M. Mituhashi, and S. Ando, '3D semi-passive digitizing system using pulsecompression,' Technical Digest of 14Th Sensor Symposium in Japan, pp. 285-288, 1996
- I. Fujimoto and S. Ando, 'A monocular 3Ddisplacement measurement of a light-spot cursor using a linear-period modulated signal,' Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers, C-1, vol. j81, no. 9, pp. 544-552, 1998
- J. R. Klauder, A. C. Price, S. Darlington, and W. J. Albersheim, 'The theory and design of chirp radar,' Bell System Technical Journal, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 745-808, 1960
- I. Fujimoto and M. Abe, 'Application of two dimensional laser digitizer to surveying,' Institute of System, Control and Information Engineers, vol. 7, no. 9, pp. 391-393, 1994
- M. Mituhashi, H. Mochiduki, Y. Tamura, and H. Yamasaki, ''Velocity vector estimation of moving objects using sensor-array and linearperiod- modulated signal,' Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, vol. 23, no. 7, pp. 665-670, 1987
- I. Fujimoto, T. Hirose, M. Abe, N. Saito, and D. Takahashi, 'Two dimensional large scale laser digitizer system with a cordless cursor,' Institute of System, Control and Information Engineers, vol. 6, no. 11, pp. 479-487, 1993
- M. I. Skolnik, Introduction to Radar Systems, McGraw-Hill Book Co., New York, 1980
- R. A. Altes and D. P. Skinner, ''Sonar-velocity resolution with a linear period modulated pulses,' Journal of Acoustic Society of America, vol. 61, pp. 1019-1030, 1977
- H. Sakurai, T. Takada, and T. Sakata, 'Development of a new planar metrology system using laser,' Metrology, pp. 35-42, 1992
- N. Kondo, Y. Ohashi, and A. Jitsumori, 'Signal processing in measurement sensors,' Shoko-do, 1987
- I. Fujimoto, 'One idea on the reduction of systematic errors with interferometer,' Proc. of National Conference of Japan Society for Precision Engineering, pp. 89, 2000
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기