A New Multicarrier Multicode DS-CDMA Scheme for Time and Frequency Selective Fading Channels
In this paper, a new multi carrier, direct sequence code division multiple access (MC-DS-CDMA) system is proposed. Our new signal construction is based on convolutional encoding of the transmitted data, serial-to-parallel (S/P) conversion of the encoded data, Walsh-Hadamard-transformation (WHT), a second S/P conversion of the WHT outputs, spread spectrum (SS) modulation with a common pseudo-noise (PN) sequence, and then multicarrier transmission. The system bit error rate (BER) performance in frequency selective fading channel in the presence of additive white Gaussian noise (AWGN) and a jamming tone is analyzed and simulated. The numerical results are compared with those from an orthogonal MC-DS-CDMA system of Sourour and Nakagawa . It is shown that the two systems have almost the same BER performance, but the proposed scheme has better anti-jamming ability.
- ？A. Chouly, A. Brajal, and S. Jourdan, 'Othogonal multicarrier technique applied to direct sequence spread spectrum CDMA system,' in Proc. GLOBECOM'93, Houston, TX, Nov. 1993, pp. 723-1728
- ？H. Matsutani and M. Nakagawa, 'Multi-carrier OS-COMA using frequency spread coding,' IEICE Trans. Fundamentals, E82-A(12), pp.2634-2642, 1999
- ？R. L. Peterson, R. E. Ziemer, and D. E. Borth, Introduction to Spread Spectrum Communications, New Jersey: Prentice Hall, 1995
- ？G. Caire, G. Taricco, and E. Biglieri, 'Bit-interleaved coded modulation,' IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, pp. 927-946, May 1998
- ？S. Kondo and L. B. Milstein, 'Performance of multicarrier DS CDMA systems,' IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 44, pp. 238-246, Feb. 1996
- ？X. Gui and T. S. Ng, 'Performance of asynchronous orthogonal rnulticarrier CDMA system in frequency selective fading channel,' IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 47, no. 7, pp. 1084-1091, July 1999
- ？S. A. Jafar and A. Goldsmith, 'Adaptive multicode CDMA for uplink throughput maximization,' in Proc. VTC 2001(Spring), May 2001, pp.546-550
- D. N. Rowtch and L. B. Milstein, 'Convolutionally coded muticarrier DS-CDMA system in a multipath fading channel-part I: Performance analysis,' IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 47, pp. 1570-1581, Oct. 1999
- ？K. Cheun and T. Jung, 'Performance of asynchronous FHSS-MA networks under Rayleigh fading and tone jamming,' IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 405-408, Mar. 2001
- ？M. Pursley, 'Performance evaluation for phase-code spread spectrum multiple access communications-part I: System analysis,' IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. COM-25, no. 8, pp. 795-799, Aug. 1977
- ？E. Dahlman and K. Jamal, 'Wide-band services in a DS-CDMA based FPLMTS system,' in Proc. VTC'96, Atlanta, Apr. 1996, pp. 1656-1660
- Z. Dlugaszewski and K. Wesolowski, 'WHT/OFDM-an improved OFDM transmission method for selective fading channels,' in Proc. SCVT 2000, 2000, pp. 144-149
- ？S. Hara and R. Prasad, 'DS-CDMA, MC-CDMA, and MT-CDMA for mobile multimedia communications,' in Proc. VTC'96, Atlanta, USA, Apr. 1996, pp. 1106-1110
- ？S. Stein, Communication Systems and Techniques, New York: McGrawHill, 1996, ch. 10
- ？E. A. Sourour and M. Nakagawa, 'Performance of orthogonal multicarrier CDMA in a multipath fading channel,' IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 44, pp. 356-367, Mar. 1996
- ？K. Fazel, 'Performance of convolutionally coded CDMA/OFDM in a frequency-time selective fading channel and its near-far resistance,' in Proc. IEEE ICC'94, 1994, pp. 1438-1442
- ？S. Kondo and L. B. Milstein, 'Multicarrier CDMA system with cochannel interference cancellation,' in Proc. VTC'94, Stockkholm, Sweden, June 1994, pp.1640-1644
- ？J. Proakis, Digital Communications, 3rd Edition, New York: McGrawHill, 1995
- ？N. Yee, J. P. Linnartz, and G. Fettweis, 'Multicarrier CDMA in indoor wireless radio,' in Proc. PIMRC'93, Yokohama, Japan, Dec. 1993, pp. D1.3.1-1.3.5
- ？L. Vandendorpe, 'Multi tone spread spectrum multiple access communications system in a multipath Rician fading channel,' IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 327-337, May 1995
- ？N. Yee and J. P. Linnartz, 'Controlled equalization of muIticarrier CDMA in an indoor Rician fading channel,' in Proc. VTC'94, Stockholm, Sweden, June 1994, pp. 1665-1669
- ？B. J. Rainbolt and S. L. Miller, 'Multicarrier CDMA for cellular overlay systems,' IEEE J. Select. Areas Commun., vol. 17, no. 10, pp. 1807-1814, Oct. 1999
- ？R. F. Ormondroyd and E. Al-Susa, 'Impact of multipath fading and partial-band interference on the performance of a COFDM/CDMA modulation scheme for robust wireless communications,' in Proc. MILCOM'98, vol. 2, 1998, pp. 673-678
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기