Multiple Access and Inter-Carrier Interference in OFDM-CDMA with Random Sequences
In this paper, we analyze the performance of code division multiple access (CDMA) systems with orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM) that employ random spreading sequences in an additive white Gaussian noise (AWGN) channel. We obtain the probability density function (pdf) of the multiple access interference and extend the results to OFDM-CDMA systems to determine the pdf of multiple access and inter-carrier interference in terms of the number of users, the spreading length, the number of sub-carriers, and the frequency offset. We consider the synchronous downlink of cellular multi-carrier CDMA and derive a Gaussian approximation of the multiple access and inter-carrier interference. Overall the effect of frequency offset is shown to vary with the system loading. The analysis in this paper is critical for further development into fading channels and frequency selective multipath channels.
- ？M. B. Pursley, D. V. Sarwate, and W. E. Stark, 'Error probability for directsequence spread-spectrum multiple-access communications-part I: Upper and lower bounds,' IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. COM-30, pp. 975-984, May 1982
- ？3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP), www.3gpp.org, technical specification group radio access network, spreading and modulation (FDD), release 5, 3G TS 25. 213. V5. 0.0. p. 12,2002-03
- ？J. S. Lehnert and M. B. Pursley, 'Error probability for binary directsequence spread-spectrum communications with random signature sequences,' IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. COM-35, no. 1, pp. 87-98. Jan. 1987
- ？S. Verdu, Multiuser Detection, New York: Cambridge University Press, 1998, p. 72
- ？R. K. Morrow and J. S. Lehnert, 'Bit-to-hit error dependence in slotted DS/SSMA packet system with random signature sequences,' IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 37, no. 10, pp. 1052-1061, Oct. 1989
- ？J. Armstrong, 'Analysis of new and existing methods of reducing intercarrier interference due to carrier frequency offset in OFDM,' IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 365-369, Mar. 1999
- ？T. F. Wong, T. M. Lok, and J. S. Lehnert, 'Asynchronous multiple-access interference suppression and chip waveform selection with aperiodic random sequences,' IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 103-114, Jan. 1999
- ？M. B. Pursley, 'Performance evaluation for phase-coded spread spectrum multiple-access communication-part I: System analysis,' IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. COM-25, pp. 795-799, Aug. 1977
- ？A. Papoulis and S. U. Pillai, Probability, Random Variables and Stochastic Processes, 4-th ed., McGraw Hill, 2002
- ？P. M. Moose, 'A technique for orthogonal frequency division multiplexing frequency offset correction,' IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 42, no. 10, pp. 2908-2914, Oct. 1994
- ？E. A. Geranitotis and M. B. Pursley, 'Error probability for direct-sequence spread-spectrum multiple-access communications-part II: Approximations,' IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. COM-30, pp. 985-995, May 1982
- ？R. D. Gaudenzi, C. Elia, and R. Viola, 'Bandlirnited quasi-synchronous CDMA: a novel satellite access techniques for mobile and personal communication systems,' IEEE J. Select. Areas Commun., vol. 10, no. 2, pp.328-342, Feb. 1992
- ？Telecommunication Industry Association, TIA/EIA, 'Mobile station-base station compatibility standard for dual-mode wideband spread spectrum cellular system IS-95A,' Washington, DC, 1995
- ？S. Kaiser, 'OFDM-CDMA versus DS-CDMA: Performance evaluation for fading channels,' in Proc. ICC'95, Seattle, June 1995, pp. 1722-1726
- ？S.Verdu and S.Shamai, 'Spectral efficiency of CDMA with random spreading,' IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 622-640, Mar. 1999
- ？E. Geraniotis and B. Ghaffari, 'Performance of binary and quatenary direct-sequence spread-spectrum multiple-access systems with random sequences,' IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 713-724, May 1991
- ？3rd Generation Partnership Project 2 (3GPP2), www.3gpp2.org, 3GPP2 specifications, p. 126, Aug. 2002
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기